1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Steam sale a bit pants this year for me...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by feathers, 23 Dec 2011.

1. TheLegendJoe

TheLegendJoe Syntax error

Just Cause 2

Unreal collection (Unreal and unreal tournament originals and still amazing! So much mindless fun :D)

And I'll wait for Dirt 3 next year, to unrealistic to be worth £11, I'll stick with race 07 for now!

2. feathers

feathers Minimodder

I got the final unreal game. I tried hard to like it.

Head on over to origin beta and you realise how out of touch with the competition those people are... Mass Effect 2 for 19,99.

9.99 on steam and it was less than 5 spoons yesterday.

3. fozmcfc

fozmcfc What you looking at ?

I picked up Blur, I played both Blur and Split Second on release, both were great games, but Split Second took up so much of my time, I never got around to buying Blur.

Only other game I have picked up is Train Simulator 2012, for the price of a pint £2.49 it's worth a punt. I quite enjoyed mucking around with BVE in the past.

Hoping something special is still to come. I like Racers and FPS's in general, a couple of decent racers under £7, or even £4 would be great.

4. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

My problem is that I've already got all the decent games in the sale, from previous Steam sales and offers!

5. fozmcfc

fozmcfc What you looking at ?

I think that can be a problem, most decent, highly rated games are already purchased by people.

Hoping we might see a few of the big releases of the year around £7.

Games like TDU 2 for instance are worth say £7 or less. Not worth it at £19.99 or higher, but definately enough value at £7.

Driver SF another good game that would be well worth picking up if it goes to £10 or below (although personally I have had my full price monies worth out of it).

NFS HP if that was say £7 another great value purchase.

Of the recent releases, I'd take a punt on Flatout 3 if it goes to £7 or below and also Ignite if it goes to under £4.

6. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I have to disagree with this. I bought it for £10 a few months ago and its by far and away the worst game purchase i've made in years. I would advise steering clear of this game at any price.

7. October

October Mariachi Style

Only by impatient people who don't think of the (pretty damn regular) holiday sales. There's no way I'd ever buy a game at release now, I've such a backlog to get through that it's no problem to wait til it's crazy cheap. The closest I've come was Portal 2, which I just never got round to having time for ansd subsequently bought it for a fiver t'other day =]

The first Unreal's pretty dated now, UNreal Tournament on the other hand is still wildly playable, and 2004 and 3 are both amazing.

8. Sexton

Sexton Minimodder

I bought loads last year, but this year's sale is crap as. Only games I either don't want or already have seem to be on sale. Even the achievements are pretty dire.

9. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I still love the waterfall outside the crashed ship in Unreal a real wow moment when I first played it back in the day.

10. feathers

feathers Minimodder

I loved the castle intro on unreal back in the day.

I had a voodoo 2 3d card back then.

My main graphics card was a sheng labs cos it had 4000 colours.