1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

I know the real thing has its own targeting system, I was dealing in game, didn't know how much damage increased tohugh, thanks. If I said a UH-1Y could be repaired by two guys with blowtorches sitting in the doors you wouldn't need to correct me ;)

2. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Sorry that's not what I meant. I've not unlocked the Jav' and nobody else was forthcoming with an answer.

I intended that you read this from the first link:
    Together with an apparent good compromise between authenticity and balancing... arr who cares. I just really like machines, and enjoy reading about how RAF Typhoons were tripe against Pakistani smoked ham F-16s.

3. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

DERAIL!

So it's not so much the Typhoon's problem, more the RAF training, by going on what the article has said (stupid I know), the Tornado was more than useless at WVR combat, so surely training would have been tweaked to make BVR the default combat setup?

Would be interesting to see if the same result could be attained if a pilot with more WVR training were to be in command of the jet.

4. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Rerail

That's how I remember it. Much like in BF3, those that can't fly get shot down, easily. I can't help think that what Wyx wanted was AMRAAM's.

5. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Noob has started. Perhaps I should have read the instructions before trying any planes or helis and committing several suicides in a row. :)

Perhaps I should have also not gone with my inherent temptation of finding 64 player servers and jumping feet first. :D

Will check out the ziip servers when I've moved up from utter noob to not quite so noob so I don't just get pwned in the first few seconds. :lol::lol:

6. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I have to say, that the carbines have been weakened dramatically. And chopper gunning is massive fun.

The game still has some strange issues. The largest one is the spawns. Then comes the fact that recons are still relegated to being campers at best. They need to be encouraged to be spec-ops like. It still bothers me that recons are still ENCOURAGED to camp.

The SOFLAM is pretty awesome as it essentially spells death to all vehicles but the thing is not many folks use it well. And they should add a few more points bonuses to SOFLAM users. They make engineers absolutely deadly.

Btw, anyone here use the M26 MASS? That thing rips things up.

7. adidan

One of the few quirks I've found is that once during the campaign and now once during MP windows had said it's needed to switch off aero and use a basic theme. Not sure why that would be. 6Gb RAM and a 570, t'is puzzling.

That on top of quite a few disconnects from servers I've been playing on, some players appearing to have a shadow that follows them around who never die and others that appear to be half in walls.

The pluses far outweigh the infrequent minuses though. T'is much fun after coming from the insanity of kangaroo jumping CoD. :)

8. pac-man

pac-man What's a Dremel?

I'm currently working towards my recon service star and find it to be the most frustrating. Multiple times I've tried to team up with an engineer to get the soflam + jav combo working but I don't get any replies from 'teammates'. So, I'll just go and set it up anyway hoping that my team mates will reap its benefits. Other times I'll just equip the TUGs and plant it near MComs, really helps your team track where enemies are coming from.

I definitely know what you mean about Recons being encouraged to camp, I myself have been guilty of getting into a pretty meaningless scrap with an opposing sniper when I should have been more focused on the objective at hand (Rush - Kharg Island).

(Btw, if anyone wants to hit me up on BF3 PC, my username is cbros2008) :)

9. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Last night was run running around as support c4ing vehicles and sniping xD Double head shots towards the end of the night. I like the fact C4 stick around now after death. Laying traps with C4 is also fun. Caught a few people by suprise too. Now to max out support and recon. Not far to go xD

10. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Getting pizzed off now, it so happens that 3 lock on rockets to a heli were non effective, yes the first rocket hit counter measures, the next two hit the chopper, but i die when he shoots me! so what is the point of trying to kill a damn heli

Grrr

11. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

It's still pretty meh to me unless they've buffed it. However it is pretty fun to pair up with the 870 frag and the M26 frag. When the 870 doesn't kill them pull out the MASS to finish them off :lol: I'm sure they're saying "WTF I JUST GOT KILLED BY A MASS?"

12. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

The buckshot is just absolutely devastating. I don't know because i'm pretty effective with the MASS. In corridors it's just destructive. They might have buffed it, but i just use buckshot on both.

13. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I wonder how many kills you can get with a single sniper shot? Lol double so far anyone had multiple kills with a single shot?

14. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

This was the best the youtube could provide.

15. adidan

It was really winding me up yesterday, during my good rounds that damn disconnect kept happening. :grr:

The only time I can guarantee it doesn't happen is when I'm getting pwned. :lol:

16. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

Right, finally managed to download the patch. Had to scour the web for a manual installer thanks to Origin's ridiculous download service.

So I'll be playing with you guys again in the new year. :)

17. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Sweet!!! New Battlelog coming too!!

18. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Thats just awesome. Only managed double kills so far myself. Best place is on the right hand side of Op Metro as the enemy team cluster to the far right of the Ticket Office. Sat at the turnstiles sniping whenever someone stayed still long enough.

Think I got the same guy three times as he was revived heh

19. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Finally got my hands on my copy of BF3 (got it sent back home whilst i was at Uni).

Had a few good rounds on the MP after mainly playing singleplayer/coop with a friend, however then had a lovely round which reminded me why i was playing SWTOR more than BF3.

Some guy raging in chat about how i should "go back to COD" because i'm spraying the M249 at him trying to suppress him whilst at the same time killing him (and he's on the frontlines arming MCOMs whilst quick-scoping with his M98B).

I can deal with that though... what was even more annoying however was that at every single MCOM that we were defending, just as i (or another person) was about to defuse we get team killed and subsequently have to move onto the next point.

20. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I always see messages like "M320 noob" or SMAW noob. i agree they are effective weapons but why are you a noob for using it? Infact i hate the word noob full stop, individuals play to there style and also it can take a while to get to grips with a game.

M320 is a killer, but i try to deploy smoke and flank them for the knife kill! (well on metro anyway)