1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other MY NEW BUILD GOES BANG!!! :( UPDATED...IT LIVES!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-44432, 21 Dec 2011.

1. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

Wow thanks. Glad you got your PC sorted btw, it looks amazing.

2. FatWeight

FatWeight Banned

awesome, nice pc btw :)

3. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

I've been catching up with reading this thread, this morning. I'm so glad that you managed to get your new rig up and running.

Just a question about the RMA though... The first board was faulty. Did the first board not damage the CPU, and therefore the CPU may not have been DOA, but actually damaged as part of the installation process. Who was the processor bought from, and what have you told them about the build problems you've had? I can;t believe that you've managed to agree a refund with so little fuss - that stuns me - in a good way!

4. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Thanks again for all the great comments everyone.:thumb:

I haven't had a refund yet, as the RMA has not been processed yet....The person I spoke to mislead me into believing, I was getting a refund to go towards a replacement part which was going to be shipped out for next day delivery.
    I had to phone them up at the last minute to confirm this again, as the RMA on my account had a note stating 'Item to be sent out once the faulty item has been received' So I spoke to them again, and then got the correct information, about having to fork out for a new order to have it next day, and will be refunded, once the faulty items have been received.

Installation would not have been the problem, as I have built PC's for several years, and know what I'm doing...

The motherboard could have caused the problem, or a faulty CPU, may have blown the motherboard...Who knows:confused:...But all I know is, I quickly pulled the plug when I saw smoke, and flames coming from the initial first startup.

I now have a PC working, with 2 dead components awaiting collection, and to be refunded.

I sent a link to Dabs.com of this thread, so they have all this information to hand.:)

5. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

I suppose I should go back and removing my joking comment that you'd burn down their warehouse if things didn't go well, then?

Anyway; It's good to see they're taking the parts back! They can take up the issue with Intel and Asus after that, rather than you having to do it.

6. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

7. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

Glad you got it sorted :)

8. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

That makes sense. I've never had to return that much by way of kit before for a refund, so would be very weary about spending the same amount AGAIN, but it sounds like you had a good 'en on the end of the phone when you arranged the RMA. Wish I had that kind of disposable income at this time of year... it's the only time I get to play on mine :(

I'm delighted that you got it up and running, and up to 5Ghz so quickly and problem free. I just saw a post relating to Gigabytes bios issues when overclocking http://www.madshrimps.be/news/item/82821/#axzz1hk9Unnlk so looks like you chose well in going down the ROG route - don't think their floor is related to your issue though as that looks like an issue when the board is being overclocked and yours was a power on failure.

All's well that ends well - nice one Si, and thanks for sharing this with us.

9. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Enough with the comments already! It's beginning to feel creepy.

It's been done and sorted... Ask him how it runs BF3 if you want.