1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Your Room and Computer

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 19 Oct 2007.

1. krishan

krishan Minimodder

Some of the terminals I have to use at work are Wyse Terminals. We even have some for customer use but they can't even load google never mind do any work on them!

2. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

Its the Lenovo M55 8810-BV6...But technically its the same piece of crap :grr: But with all the unnecessary software that IBM wants us to install its just super slow....
    Here's the specs: http://www.retrevo.com/search?q=Lenovo+M55+8810&rt=sp&modelid=4200252

Last edited: 12 Jan 2012
  3. Huge

Huge aka Dave

Here's my desk at uni:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3lusive likes this.
  4. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

Nothing personal mate but your an arse :p Any chance of that wallpaper?

5. Tomhyde1986

Tomhyde1986 What's a Dremel?

That Laphroaig bottle looks suspiciously empty to me. I think it needs an emergency refill/replacement.

There are some cool rooms people have here. I have no decided I need a bigger desk so I can have at least 2 monitors.

6. Huge

Huge aka Dave

Sure, download the zip file of different sizes here.

They're pretty good for watching films on. Set up bezel compensation and it's like watching TV on a huge screen (but through a prison window).

7. CDomville

CDomville ^ I am THIS Possum

[​IMG]

my room, when not at Uni.

The hardware is a TouchSmart tm2-2190sa from a few months before they announced the Touchpad, presently running Windows Developer Preview.

The attached mouse is the left handed Razer DeathAdder.

8. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Hehe, yeah there was only 70 mL or so left in that photo; right now I've got a new Japanese cask strength whisky that I'm trying, "Nikka from the Barrel" - pretty damn good if I do say so myself!

9. Auxilliary

Auxilliary Crashes into space stations

[​IMG]

Updated with my second screen, it arrived about an hour ago, so far I am loving it, one for being 1080P so my PS3 doesn't look as bad on it compared to my other screen and two, simply because its a second screen :D

I feel its going to annoy me that the screens are different aspect ratios and that but ill just have to get a second LG

10. nchhabs

Can't wait til I get my second screen mate, glad you're enjoying your setup!

11. Auxilliary

aha its well worth it and im loving it, gonna take some getting used to, trying to remember that i have that free space now.

another thing is, switching pages from screen to screen makes me realise how awful the colours are on my Samsung, quite depressing really, determined to one day replace with another LG

12. nchhabs

Yeah I've got one BenQ EW2420 and I think when I get my second screen it's going to have to be the exact same model as the colour balance on the EW2420 is pretty unique considering the VA panel. Trying to match a TN panel to it would be a nightmare! That said, sometimes the pure functional boost of a second/third screen (despite what colours may clash) is well worth it.

13. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

Doesn't it annoy you to have two different screens? :rolleyes: I think i would go crazy....

14. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Probably why he wrote:

:)

15. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

It helps to read doesn't it :nono:

16. Auxilliary

Now ive had them for a day or so, what annoys me the most is the screen quality of my old Samsung, what i thought were white on it are actually more of a yellow, that is what annoys me the most.

although because they are different aspect ratios, at the top right of my Samsung there is a couple of centimetre section that wont let me cross my mouse onto the other screen, that is rather annoying.

17. CraigWatson

CraigWatson Level Chuck Norris

Finally, someone else that hates white-balance differences! My boss thinks I'm crazy because I insist on having monitors with the same WB. My work setup is:

[​IMG]

Unfortunately WB also degrades with age - when I moved from a HannsG 22" to my Samsung 23" at home, the difference was just incredible. However when I got a couple of new 24" Samsungs to make it triple-head, the 23" looked just as dull as my HannsG used to. I guess your eyes don't see it degrade because you're looking at it every day.

yassarikhan786 likes this.
  18. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

^^Awesome work setup man. I have one 24 inch + 19 inch. Talk about a mismatch :p.

19. CraigWatson

CraigWatson Level Chuck Norris

Thanks! Yeah, being a sysadmin has it's advantages, I can just go pilfer the store-cupboard!

At home I've gone from 2x17" (pic1|pic2) in 2006 to 22" + 17" (pic) in 2008 to 23" + 17" (pic), to 23" + 20" (pic) in 20 (both 2009 due to the WB issue!) to 2x24" + 23" (pic) two months ago!

I'd like 3x24" to make it even - the 2x24" were bought on the cheap from work, we do have one more kicking around so I may put an offer in on that too :)

20. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

I had exactly the same back in the day when I had a 17" and a 15" :rolleyes: