1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Combinho

Combinho Ten kinds of awesome

I'll fly with you. Would be nice to have some teamwork and power some jet unlocks...

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

annoyingly, no option to set one stick to free look. have to hold down a button and waggle the stick, which takes away the point of dedicating a stick to free look.

when for ground targets in that video, they generally fall in to take out targets together.

3. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Yeah, thats what happens on mouse. I would assign left stick for look and a shoulder button to free look mode, use the d-pad for rudder, burner & brake, and right stick for pitch/roll.

4. wyx087

thanks guys, will give you a shout when are on the same team next time.

but i must apologise that i'll be away for the rest of the week. we'll do this next week :)

5. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I don't remember it being mentioned here but it's really been bugging me: has anyone been having issues with SOFLAM and the various missiles that lock on using it?

Over the weekend I'd routinely be flying a chopper only to die to the Javelin or tank guided shell without warning. I'd like to first say that this isn't a rant calling them overpowered. My problem is that in multiple instances on multiple servers the warning noises weren't working correctly. On the first occasion I was hearing the enemy locked on sound (continuous beep) and suddenly died with no missile fired warning. On another I was hearing the locking on sound (slower beeping) and suddenly there was the missile incoming sound (rapid beep) followed by me dying a half-second later. Similar things kept happening all weekend with my gaming buddies as unfortunate passengers/witnesses.

The only thing I can figure is that it's SOFLAM related. In a tank the lock on sounds seem to work just fine. I've also shot down helicopters which I was almost certain would flare using the guided shell. Is this thing supposed to change the warning signals for things fired at its targets?

6. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Ah, this.

When you have been SOFLAM'd, you do not hear the "launch" warning tone, so you just get a rocket to the hull so to speak without knowing. You still get the initial beeping, then the lock tone, but no launch tone.

Confused the hell out of me initially as well.

7. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Soflam's may ned a nerf as the sheer amount of them and javs means that as soon as armour or air comes out the base its lit up and blown up.

Though did notice the other night when i was playing, hit enough choppers with a tank shell yet no insta kill, was not hardcore but regardless it should be dead.

8. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Not just me then, phew. Is that intentional? I'd figure that the means of a missile locking on shouldn't change whether or not it's detected but I'm no expert.

Doesn't explain the fired without the locked on sound, but I'll mark that one up as the game getting confused by the boatloads of things that were likely all locking at once. I always get that sinking feeling on Kharg Island as you approach the US base and more and more things keep on showing up from behind that hill.

9. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

ECM and don't fly so low.

The amount of pilots I see skimming the trees and the amount of times I jump in with them and get killed within the first minute is rediculous.

My pilot and me sit back tv'ing and gunning, that in my eyes is how the heli should be used.

Just a personal preference though.

10. Rhydian

Rhydian What's a Dremel?

11. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

I love using the SOFLAM, set up near base and blow lots of people up :)

12. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Typical, I have some awesome game, and I go to get the Battlelog page for it.. it's the only page that isn't there. All of the other games where I do pretty mediocre are there, but the one that would came COD fans jealous is gone. Great.

13. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

LOL's mate that vid just needs the benny hill music :D

14. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Heh I might have to arrange that xD

brave758 likes this.
  15. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Somehow my team still lost :(. I suicided right at the end after a kill streak of 56 jumping off of C bridge to dodge some infantry haha.

16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Drac, when you're not eating or tank raping in BF, do you ever sleep?

17. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Actually I've found the daft ones who fly real close, if you time the shell right, will blow up straight away.

I've had a few helis and one unlucky plane fly too close and my shell took them out of the sky immediately, usually destroyed. They were so close though any survivors were quickly mopped up.

On the talk of SOFLAM, yup, I've had the same thing in my infrequent fly time. Hear the tone, wait for the launch tone and am blown out of the sky before I know it.

It's weird though, the number of times I've run around a frickin battlefield carrying a JAV and not had a single SOFLAM lock from my team for the entire round has been annoying to say the least.

Can't mumble too much though, I've not even hit that class enough to unlock it for myself yet.

18. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

I have found that you really need voice chat and a mate to use the SOFLAM properly, I have set it up in public games lots of times and got very little for it.

19. wyx087

agree, really need to say "lasing that helicopter by B" to your javalin/guided missile comrades on VOIP, otherwise no one would notice.

SOFLAM/CITV/laser designator does NOT need to be nerf'd, it is perfect. this is the kind of thing that separates a coordinated team and a team of numnuts.

ECM jammer is the only real counter (same as CITV, it's unlocked last, very balanced), and it's awesome. it also gives greater chance of dodging heatseakers. everyone really should use it instead of flares. only complain is louder activated sound feedback, if there was any to begin with.

20. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

If there is one thing I'd like fixed is that incoming Javelin missiles should have an incoming tone like other heat seeking missiles. Sometimes in the heat of things you'd be locked on, the tone disappears and then bang you're history lol.

Other than that I have no problem with being laser painted whilst in a Jet. Let's just hope DICE doesn't decide to increase the reload time for ECM Jammer as well :rolleyes: