1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning The GuilleAcoustic design thread

Discussion in 'Modding' started by GuilleAcoustic, 23 Mar 2011.

1. shah

shah Minimodder

Man just finished reading the thread.... Very nice work and lovely designs :D...

I like 10 and front with kumiko

2. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

Thanks matey. While you are here, don't worry I didn't forgot you. I've started the design for your case, I will post it there :thumb:.

3. GuilleAcoustic

On another style, here is another mITX monolith with the connectors oriented toward the floor :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The top intake fan is still an AP181 from Silverstone, mITX board and full-size dual slot GPU. Still have to design the back and the top grills (probably fins to keep this part completly opened). Hope you like the idea.

Last edited: 2 Dec 2011
  4. shah

shah Minimodder

Thanks a lot mate :).

The above design is nice. I believe the base is made out of wood?

5. dream caster

dream caster just lurking from out there

This is "genial".

In english genial means flowing spontaneous happiness that sprouts out nice things
    in spanish it means flowing from great genius, intelligence

this thread is both.

(I live in in Chile , at the Atacama desert "the driest place on Earth")

6. GuilleAcoustic

Thanks a lot for these kind words. I do my best and just put things into design just the way they come to my mind. That's why they are mainly unfinished designs, just an overall idea.

I wish I could come with something completly ready to build, for my own use. But each time I try a little something, I end up changing the whole thing :wallbash:.

7. avolla

avolla Mini Water Modder

I ended up changing ideas a lot at the beginning of my designing. As you get farther into it you'll find what you like more and start to settle down. Keep the brain storming up. It helps perfect the design.

8. GuilleAcoustic

Thanks mate ! I'll return to my designs once the SFF contest is over :)

9. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

I really like the above design :) makes me want to built it....someting like a pc/lamp in the living room :D

10. GuilleAcoustic

Thanks mate. Please do, just let me know when it starts :D. This thread is there so that everyone can pick in it :eek:

11. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

Do you think the airflow towards the bottom will work?

12. GuilleAcoustic

I do not see any problem with it, but haven't tried it before (maybe a little experiment with a cardboard enclosure could help.

You can use this fan to exhaust hot air. With vents on the back panel it will suck fresh air inside the box. Does anyone have ideas on that ?

13. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

I have an old PC and a fan lying around at home...and lots of cardboard/polystyrene...Ill give it a try on the weekend

14. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

The principle is like a chimney. The air heated by the electronics will expand and rise, and cold air will come in and take its place. Thus a convection draught is created. A fan would boost the process.

15. Mosquito

Mosquito Just 'Plane' Crazy

Airflow towards the bottom should be fine, depending on the hardware. You'd technically be fighting the physical forces that Nexxo is mentioning, but it shouldn't be an issue to overcome...

I've got 2x50mm fans running at about 50% in my Music Box project, and the fans exhaust air straight out the sides, with the intake at the top. The Intel Atom D525 (1.8GHz dual core) only gets up to about 43*C when it's under full load.

16. GuilleAcoustic

Hello,

since the SFF contest (thanks Confusis, thanks Craigbru, Thanks LOSIAS ... and thanks to the BT community) is in the voting stage, I'm back to my ol' activity.

This may sound like a fairy tale, but it is true : I FOUND a valve amp at the disposal of my residency !!

It is dated from 1966, made in Germany and uses damn great audio tubes !! It was built-in inside a full cabinet, including a turn-table, and vacuum tube stereo tuner, a vaccum tube stereo amp and stereo 2-way speakers !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It uses 6 tubes :

ECC85

[​IMG]

ECH81

[​IMG]

EAF801

[​IMG]

ECC83

[​IMG]

EM87 (the legendary magic-eye)

[​IMG]

ELL80 (which is a dual pentode)

[​IMG]

The ELL80 is a really rare tube and can be used as a push-pull in a single package or as 2x single ended for stereo purpose with a single tube (this is tha case here).

The speakers are composed of 2x ellipstic full range with ALNICO magnet and paper membrane + 2 electrostatic high voltage tweeters.

I'll start by restoring it (changing all capacities since they are from the 60's, and probably near there death :D) and building a nice and small cabinet.

EDIT :

I'm working on a smaller version using only the amp (not the tuner parts). This will mainly results in the ECC83 as input stage and the ELL80 as output stage (and probably the EM87 magic-eye for some fancy eye candy thing :p).

Last edited: 31 Jan 2012
  17. Mosquito

Mosquito Just 'Plane' Crazy

That is awesome!

18. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Hey Guille, nice to see you've got something new to toy around with :)

I just received a mail that a LianLi Q08B is being shipped my way, so I'll have something new to toy around with aswell this week :D

19. GuilleAcoustic

Thanks mate, I already have a few idea to make a nice sound box with it. 60's cheasecake on its way :D

Thanks JRS, glad to see you'll be getting a new toy too :D. BTW, how is SWTOR ?

20. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Lucky ******* you are! The force is strong with this one... :p