1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I ask a favour from you all

Discussion in 'Serious' started by yakyb, 18 Jan 2012.

1. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

Hello Everyone

To cut a Long story short a young lad named Kevin went to watch a football match and did not come home

on his death certificate it says he died at 3:15 but was known by witnesses to be alive just before 4.

he was lying on the pitch at Hillsborough struggling for breath as ambulances were denied access to the pitch

Leaving football opinions or loyalties aside this should never of happened

if you live in the UK could you please sign this petition to have a full inquest into what happened to Kevin

It really does take less than a minute to sign and confirm the reply email and there is absolutely no spam from this at all

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/19149

thank you for your time each added name helps

if you would like to read the story in full

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you...Anne-Williams-Its-gone-long-I-want-Sorry.html
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...illsborough-inquest-petition-115875-23705821/

Last edited: 19 Jan 2012
    G0UDG likes this.
  2. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

Wait what?

3. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

I don't want to come across as insensitive, but what good would come of an inquest for an event that occured some 23 years ago.

What happened was awful, and should not have happened - but an inquest, no doubt costing millions, to overturn the cause of death registered seems wasteful and non productive.

4. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Yes, however something that has since been addressed. This won't happen again.

5. yakyb

Sadly yes, A LOT of bad decisions were made that day and people are still trying to find the truth

6. yakyb

I understand completely what you are saying, and i am no real subject matter expert, however phrases like Justice and the Truth are phrases used a lot.

however if different decisions were made that day Kevin may still be alive and no one has ever been held accountable for them.

also the very fact that his mother was told Lies about how he died should be enough to warrant an inquiry

I would ask that you read the Link to the mail i posted above if you would like to know more.

7. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

I remember watching the event (or what was broadcast of it) as an eight year-old. What happened was a truly devastating thing to occur on what promised to be such an exciting afternoon for those there. The families involved really do have my sympathy, and I'm not known for my compassion.

However, and I realise this may seem unjustified and insensitive, the fact that it is a Daily Mail and Mirror article being linked to puts me off, due to the cynical attitude I have towards such media bodies hitching onto public bandwagons.

I have no real attachment to the event and therefore don't know enough, and am not inclined to let the Daily Mail or Mirror try and persuade me one way or another. Something went wrong and many people died, but it happens in all walks of life and I'm inclined to think it's better laid to rest.

8. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

I have the same reservations about anything to do with the mail!

9. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

This, a hundred times.

His mother wants to know what happened to him... Well maybe the truth is that no-one will ever know what really went on. Obviously they're not satisfied with the coroner's verdict at the time, but spending public money in the pursuit of answers that will change nothing is pointless.

10. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Won't change anything? What about closure, a sense of finality?

My mother has been dead twenty years this summer. I still know almost nothing about her. What I do know is quite frankly horrifying and after a decade of psychiatrists I still wake up screaming sometimes. And yet, my lack of knowledge still haunts me.

There is a difference between public inquest and a private quest for closure. While the former is often sought to assuage a vengeful public, its only real purpose oftentimes is to attempt to provide the latter.

There are some things that must be experienced to be understood. Losing someone under mysterious circumstances makes me far more empathetic to her plight. I hope she can find closure.

11. fu manchu

fu manchu I'll have the special.

Seems a bit odd to spend more time thinking of a reason to not sign it, and then posting here to justify it with lame reasons like not liking the Daily Mail, than it would take to just follow the link and sign the petition.

As KayinBlack posted, it is about closure for the boys mother.

xxxsonic1971 likes this.
  12. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

So we should blindly sign petitions because its the easiest/ takes less time, option?
    There's been an inquiry, there's been reviews of the inquiry, finding out what happened to individual people 20 year after the disaster based on what witnesses can still remember/think they can remember, just doesn't seem likely to achieve anything, let alone accurate details.

13. yakyb

I would never ask anyone to blindly sign anything, which is why i have attached the material.
    if you believe that people should be satisfied with what has occurred to date i ask you to spend a few minutes and either read the articles or watch the video above. and reconsider your opinion.

people have been fighting for 23 years to find the truth of what happened, there is a reason they are still asking, as it has never come to light.

14. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

How's this for closure:

Stand collapses, lots of people hurt & killed. Survivors dragged & lifted clear or taken onto the pitch, including 'Kevin'. Stadium officials prevent ambulances from getting onto the pitch or into the stadium due to the pandemonium & simple lack of training & preparedness for such an incident. Eventually ambulances can get in but it is too late for Kevin who sadly dies from his injuries- no guarantee hw would have survived any longer if he had been seen to sooner as his injuries may just have been too severe regardless.

All an inquiry will do is drag up terrible memories for all involved, without actually being able to categorically lay blame at anyone's feet as there isn't a single individual who's responsibility it was, it was a much larger failing caused by lack or training and organisation to deal with such an incident. Everyone who worked there at the time gets blamed ( again ) but blame is not directly laid.

That's what will happen- all very tragic but pointless to keep going over it as nothing new will come up in order to find more closure.

15. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Losing someone under mysterious circumstances must be a terrible thing, I can't imagine it and won't try.

While I feel sorry for his mother, can it really be justified to spend a huge amount of public money and time on an inquest (resources that can always be spent elsewhere, maybe not for the better, but that's a whole different ball game)?

What about dragging up memories of witnesses who may well be living their lives desperately trying to forget their traumas. In the face of all that suffering and waste, the only outcome is to resolve some of the personal demons of one woman.

If there was an economical way to sort it out, I'd be all for it, but you have to weigh up the suffering of others and the expenditure just for one person's benefit.

16. yakyb

that is quite a generalisation.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/...ugh-disaster-police-south-yorkshire-liverpool

I'll leave this thread now and just ask that any one read the articles or watch the video abvoe if they are hesitant on signing

thank you for your time

17. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Pointless tragedies happen. People die. Broken-hearted loved ones mourn.

Inquests will not ever change this. There is nothing that a coroner can say or do that will make it any less pointless or tragic, or will prevent pointless tragedies happening in the future. You can't impose reason onto random events and you cannot take away grief by doing so. sometimes things happen that are just ****. There is no "why".

It's been 23 years. Kevin's mother needs to cup her hands, hold the memory of her son up to the sun and set it free on the eternal wind that whispers the story of all our lives. And in doing so, she may free herself and her loved ones who are still there.

Pliqu3011 likes this.
  18. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

epic

19. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

This is a discussion board, is it not? It certainly keeps coming up in other threads that anything posted here invites debate/discussion.

I'm no psychologist, but I have little faith in the idea of 'closure'. 'Why'? can be asked an infinite number of times.

20. fu manchu

fu manchu I'll have the special.

Yes it is a discussion board, but it seems the point is lost on what I keep hearing being referred to as the great bit-tech community. The subject is obviously close to the OP's heart and he posted asking a favour, which was promptly poo poo'd on. Similar responses were given in the RNLI campaign thread and I simply find it disappointing as a human being at the overwhelming negativity and selfishness shown by some members.