1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Skyrim?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Karas, 15 Sep 2011.

1. IronDoc

IronDoc What's a Dremel?

You just stack every conceivable smithing buff basically; potions, rings, armour, everything.

2. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Doesn't work - however I am using a UI mod, so that's probably why...

3. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Get SkyUI: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3863

4. Neogumbercules

Last edited: 11 Jan 2012
  5. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

ENB series tweaks make all the difference! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

;)
    [​IMG]

6. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

I need to get some mods running now..

Any tips on which ones I should go for? Ideally one's to make this game a little better on the graphics.

7. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Im thinking the same. The game runs perfectly for me at the moment, no ctds. But I would love to see some improved graphics, maybe skys?

8. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

To be honest I love the graphics in the game.
    Some textures should be better, higher res of course, but when I look up to the skies during night, watching those auroras, two moons... I love it:)

However, heard there are so many cool mods, I could try some.
    Any suggestions?

9. Neogumbercules

10. smithy40000

smithy40000 What's a Dremel?

I did the main storyline and the civil war quests then never got back into it sadly.

11. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Smithing 33, I've been making Elven stuff. Need to find some Quicksilver ore veins and complete the set!

12. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

I am getting a glitch in the game with distant terrain, I have uploaded a video of the problem:

In this video the settings are the highest they can be but it also happens at lower res.

I have no mods running, does anyone have an idea why this happens?

13. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

What am i looking at here? if you mean the slight popin i think there are some settings in skyrimprefs.ini in you're user folder you can increase to decrease the effect.
    Ah here we go:

fBlockMaximumDistance=250000.0000
    fBlockLevel1Distance=70000.0000
    fBlockLevel0Distance=35000.0000
    fSplitDistanceMult=1.5000

The variables above in SkyrimPrefs.ini control the level of detail of distant terrain, and correspond in part to the Distant Object Detail in-game setting. The maximum values possible in-game are shown above, however you can raise them even further if you wish. As the three fBlock variables are raised, this will provide subtle improvements in the details on very distant terrain, such as mountain tops.

Have alook at the rest of his guide if you want to tweak the graphics more
    http://www.geforce.com/Optimize/Guides/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-tweak-guide

Last edited: 14 Jan 2012
    N17 dizzi likes this.
  14. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Well I have found a fix of sorts.

It is a problem with the game called 'z fighting' with lod textures.

Having tried some different tweaks in the ini and settings, quite happy with the results.

I've dropped the AA to 2x and AF is 16x in the NV inspector.

I've increased the shadow resolution and sharpness in the ini (which looks fantastic compared to the old setting)

I've dropped 'distant object detail' to medium but upped the uGridtoload from 5 to 7 which has helped with pop up.

I've taken a hit to frames but still not dropping below 35 and averaging around 50.

Thanks for the advice.

note, ambient occlusion at quality or high quality (in nvidia inspector) looks fantastic but with my GPU set up I can't run it @ 2560 (or even 1920!)

SLI 580s might be able to handle it and is worth it for sure.

15. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Anyone know where I can get more powerful spells? I so far have Fire and lightning on 70pts of damage each, with Frost on 50. Are there anymore powerful ones, or is that about it?

I'm finding, that as the NPCs level up, my magic is becoming less and less useful. I've starting using staffs and weapons now, to compensate.

16. Neogumbercules

I strongly suggest this mod: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2934

That makes destruction magic scale -much- better as you level and doesn't overpower you.

As for getting new spells, most are found from the same merchants you're used too. The court mages in Solitude and Whiterun are always a good bet. The mages in the College in Winterhold will sell you spells too.

Here's the thing though. The higher tier spells don't show up in their inventory until you level up, and the really good ones come so late in the game that, had you not gotten a balancing mod for destro magic, the spells you get stuck with become super obsolete.

17. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

I've started playing again now. I am a level 42 redguard and have destruction at 67 but it's rubbish. I've levelled one-handed and sneak, and with the perks, armour and weapons you can pretty much one shot anything.

18. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Level 20 Nord at 75 in smithing already, but I have a crashing issue constantly. Is it something the patches fix, or is it more like an nVidia driver problem?

19. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Thanks for the Link :thumb:

The balancing issue appears to have happened to me, unfortunately. I'm level 100 on Destruction, and I'm now finding that even some bandits take at least three-four hits of double Fire/Lightning to kill.

I've managed to compensate up until now with enchanting items, to increase my Magika, but it's becoming more and more difficult to bump people off.

I'll see if the mod helps.

20. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Might not to be too far off really. If your talking about bandit marauders etc, rather than just normal bandits.

I've got 100 one handed, and 80-90 heavy armour, and 80 odd block, and it takes me about 2-3 hits with sword or axe to kill bandit marauders, I can one hit normal bandits though.