1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding The Bit-Tech case mod index

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 24 Jan 2012.

1. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

Awesome idea. +1 on Roboducks suggestion.

2. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Woooooooo Hoooooooooooooo :D This is brilliant to see, something I've wanted to see for ages :):rock:.

It needs a scratch build one also though :D, 1 for mostly or fully manual made builds & 1 for advanced machined builds so new modders can see the benefits of both approaches or if not 2 different ones because I realise how silly that is so a simple P for pro machined for those keen on how industry do things or A for Amateur manual tools for average Joes that pretty much anyone can have a go at with tools from a hardware store :).

Example
    Cygnus X1 (A) (out the box)
    Dark Blade (P) (out the box)

Hmm it's actually pretty tough categorizing 1 like Cygnus with it being a mid tower but does have out the box about it also so that is a tough one categorizing all scratch builds, but I'm sure it can be worked out :).

You could have Custom as a link which leads to these.

Custom tiny
    Custom mini
    Custom mid
    Custom tower
    Custom overkill
    Custom out the box

Or just place these in there with the branded case mods :).

How you define the sizes is a set size for each one & not limited to the orientation of the case, if it's larger than the set size it fits in the one above.

Too many? but the names could do with being better I think :D.

The list needs a whole lot of browsing & reporting to fill it up to what has been done :lol:.

yassarikhan786 likes this.
  3. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Although an excellent idea, by what's been said, it feels like this is being pushed forward for sponsored build, considering the companies listed tend to be project sponsors a lot of the time here. And the lack of a scratch build section disappoints me.

4. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

It's not being pushed towards sponsored builds, any more than saying all mods are sponsored, which they clearly aren't :D. The only reason the companies listed are here at the start is because they are the first projects I came across to get things going.

The key is in the title - this database is for case mods, not scratch builds. We're not saying there can never be something similar for scratch builds, but to include both in the same database would be counter-intuitive. One thing at a time, Rome wasn't built in a day ;)

5. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:lol::D Yeah theres a few I seen in there that were not sponsored & that shouldn't make a difference neither, only difference a sponsored modder has over unsponsored is a little less stress on raising the cash to do a project.

People shouldn't get jealous or bitter about sponsored modders, they earnt it with showing they are very capable to mod well or already had a few or even just 1 very good project to back them up so the thing to do is show sponsors that your worth being sponsored I think :).

I still not asked any companies for the help, force of habit to struggle :hehe::duh:.

Would keep it less messy :) but do add similar for scratches when you get chance, not sure how my idea above appeals but that's my 2p :D.

Filling the case mods alone will take a heck of a search & report :jawdrop:.

Good suggestion by Roboduck below :).

Last edited: 24 Jan 2012
  6. Roboduck

Roboduck 01110001 01110101 01100001 01100011

Why not make it user submitted? If you want your mod/build in the database you fill out a page with your build log and information. Might be easier than trying to find all the completed mods by searching the forum.

Edit::read::duh: my bad
    Still would be nice to have a submission page/form instead of and email. Something to make it more visible to everyone.

7. Combatus

It is user submitted :D I just dropped a few in to get us started. I have lots of lovely emails waiting for me already and it only takes a few mins to add them. If we can get the dev time, I'll certainly look at something more automatic, but for now it saves me searching the forum as you say.

8. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Read the article in the first post ( link )- everything is user submitted, they just grabbed a few examples themselves to get the ball rolling.

Edit: ninjas, everywhere... :worried:

9. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Only two TJ07 mods? Come on, there is loads more than that. Good idea but wont work if it is implemented in a half arsed way.

10. Vo0Ds

Vo0Ds Fake potato

^ What SuicideNeil said.

11. kzinti1

kzinti1 What's a Dremel?

A very good idea! I know I'll be using it.

12. paultan

paultan R E V E N T O N

Nice! And there's my Reventon! :)

13. Combatus

Guys guys guys! Please read the actual article!!! This is work in progress, not a finished database :D

14. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

15. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Looking at it already, it's really excellent! Once more is added, this will be so cool! I'll pop it in my bookmarks.

16. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

"We need you're help"

Really?

17. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

Looking forward to it and to be the first one with a Zalman mod! Mine has been in a hiatus for months although I'm hoping to get it in motion this year!

Only the scratch/custom builds have to be solved to be top notch with the obvious updates along the way

18. Jampotp

Jampotp What's a Dremel?

Fantastic Idea! The project log forum is so massive, it's often difficult to find what you want.
    Unfortunately I made the mistake of buying a cheap unbranded Ebuyer case because it had blue lights. Could be ideal modding material though, if I had some creative ability.

And I really, really tried to resist pointing this out... but I won't be able to sleep without it:
    "We need you're help to grow the index" ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

19. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Great idea and a great step in the right direction. Once it gets custom/scratchbuild/other categories it'll really be on the right track.
    Given how many of the previous 'featured' mods on bit-tech have been scratchbuilds (Orac 3, WMD, L3P Desk, etc) it's kinda crazy that the non-brand category wasn't there from the start! :p

Years ago I used to have fun browsing the oft-ridiculous mods on Metkumods in their user-submitted gallery.
    I don't think I'll ever manage to scrub the mental images of all those 'fluffy/furry' mice/keyboards from my memory.

20. Hg

Hg The game known as life

i have emailed in my mod, as its featured in the image on the front page.
    However i got an email back with an out of office reply?

Really cant wait to see this thing grow and be a database used by all!