1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Skyrim?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Karas, 15 Sep 2011.

1. Steelez

Steelez Minimodder

Companions are just such liabilities, I really dislike the quests that force them on you. Just did the companions quests and I am not sure if it's a bug but they seemed really low level and "collapsed" in about 1 hit while sneaking really badly. My character is mostly sneak oriented and I don't do very well toe to toe, so they were a real hindrance.

Still loving the game though. I still have the main quest to do, have been putting it off and just enjoying the rest of the game. I think the bards college is the last of the guilds for me to do and I still have a bunch of quests to do for houses. I also plan to work my smithing and enchanting at some point as I'm still wearing quest armour and I think crafted armour with enchants would be better.

2. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

:hehe:

Blademrk likes this.
  3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Please do a copy and paste of your ini file here under the [ code ] tags! Would like to see the improvements to your shadow and sharpness :) Cheers!

4. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

sorry bindi, didn't see your reply

here you go

Code:
    [Display]
    iBlurDeferredShadowMask=0
    fInteriorShadowDistance=3000.0000
    fShadowDistance=8000.0000
    iShadowMapResolutionSecondary=4096
    iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=4096
    And I did one for tree shadows but i'm struggling to find it!

Edit: found it its bTreesReceiveShadows=1

I pm'd anyway

Last edited: 28 Jan 2012
    Guest-16 likes this.
  5. wodgah

wodgah What's a Dremel?

I was playing this a lot and enjoyed it very much then got distracted by some other games and have decided now to come back to it, may i ask are there any must have mods ?

6. dBass

dBass What's a Dremel?

SkyUI greatly improves the UI to make it more PC friendly. There are a lot of different UI mods but this seems to be the best of them.

7. wodgah

wodgah What's a Dremel?

Thanks very much will try it tonight!

8. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I didn't like SkyUI, I ended up with another inventory-only UI mod, which I got on with much better. It still has its bugs though - occasionally you'll select the wrong item or tab with it which is a bit annoying.

Also: level 22 on my sneaky fire mage, almost done companions line, started dark brotherhood, and I also took the drinking competition and just rescued the goat. That bloody electromancer in morvunskar is one TOUGH bastid. Might actually take my companion in to use as cannon fodder to beat him.

9. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

hhmmm, so whats this 190MB update that's currently downloading on steam??

10. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

It's the 1.4 Patch (previously a Beta patch), here's the notes on it:

11. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Hey guys, i thought this might interest the skyrim players.

I found this mod earlier, 'Skyrim extended launcher' if no one had heard of it. It enables the use of your cpu's extra cores, as well as enabling you to set skyrims priority to your task manager.

It also supports SKSE, acting as a launcher for that too. I used this with my Core 2 Duo, netted at least 10fps in whiterun, where it usually lags like a B****. It's on the Nexus.

I thought someone might find it as useful as me.

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I hope this patch fixes the THREE quests that are bugged out for me :/ The dialogue options aren't there - two of which are in Whiterun: crime scene and chatting to some bloke.

13. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I had problems with the crime dialogue in whiterun as well. As you said, the dialogue options weren't there, or sometimes they weren't, sometimes were. The patch fixes it for me, i killed a random guard to test it, as in; i mean the dialogue for criminal offenses were bugged for me.

Last edited: 2 Feb 2012
  14. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

All you people must do weird things with your computers, :D :D

I've not had a single glitched out anything on Skyrim yet. And I think only 1 CTD.

15. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Only just started the game last night and I'm a prisoner again lol. They need to think up a new start really.

First thing I noticed was that the launcher actually picked the correct graphics settings and screen res for my PC. I almost always have to alter what those auto-setup things do, but this one actually got it right! I know, a bit of geeky thing to appreciate.

16. suenstar

I think next game they should start the game off with a prisoner scene again but at the end of the scene you find out you're controlling one of the guards and not the prisoner, it would be a good little change-up to mess with people's heads.

17. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Ya, that would work nicely. wake from ur bunk, have movement tutorial for noobs, then outside for combat training cause ur a green recruit. Would explain in-game why you at lvl 1.

Ace idea there :thumb:

/2cents

EDIT: On a side note, anyone know when the Construction Kit is coming out? I've not kept track of this at all, but I'm itching to make some proper mods.

Last edited: 3 Feb 2012
  18. specofdust

specofdust Banned

You might not be aware if you've only played Oblivion before, but the start of every Elder Scrolls game involves the player character being a prisoner who is released shortly after. It's part of the mechanism used to ensure there's no back story, no-one knows you.

19. suenstar

If I recall correctly, Bethesda told us all that the construction kit was almost ready and to be released not too far after the 1.4 patch.

So if we're lucky, I'd imagine them releasing it either at the end of February or somewhere in March.
    Here's a link to the blog post about it:
    http://www.bethblog.com/2012/01/19/news-on-the-creation-kit-and-game-updates/

Edit:
    Here's another blog post by the Bethesda team with a preview video for the new creation kit:
    http://www.bethblog.com/2012/02/01/first-look-creation-kit-and-skyrim-workshop/

20. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

So far I've only suffered from two glitches in 38 hours of play.

1). I died, leveled a skill, leveled up, and killed two people with Foosh all at the same time, and it locked up the client because it couldn't handle all the excitement. I can forgive it for that I guess.

2). When doing the Gildergreen Sap quest, the pathetic wimp who followed me got eaten by a bear, so I went on to find the sanctuary and then teleported back to him to resurrect him. I got the sapling and took that to Whiterun - and the old tree remained there with the new sapling growing inside it. I had to mark it for deletion to get rid of it.

And that's it!