1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress D33P THOUGHT, ..COMPLETE..FINAL PICS+VID

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Asouter, 21 Jan 2012.

?

Hoopy or Tart3 handbag

Poll closed 16 Apr 2012.
  1. Hoopy

95.5%
  2. Tarts handbag

4.5%
  1. peteski

peteski long live the pc

great work so far mate keep it up :rock: :rock: :rock:

2. Mosquito

Mosquito Just 'Plane' Crazy

Those acrylic pieces really did turn out great, the polish on them is fantastic!

How does it feel? (sturdy wise) I was thinking about getting one, for small box pieces...

3. Asouter

Asouter --------

Cheers man \m/ \m/

4. Asouter

Asouter --------

Thanks :thumb: the flame polishing is doing a really good job, as for the router table it's quite good, cuts easy enough, makes a hell of a mess though, the only thing I'd improve on is the tool guard as it seems a lil bit too flimsy but overall a handy lil addition to the Dremel. To answer your question , yes it's very sturdy and I think you'll have no problem cutting small box pieces

Last edited: 30 Jan 2012
    Mosquito likes this.
  5. Asouter

Asouter --------

UPDATE 1st FEB

Ok time to take a break from sanding and polishing (My eyes are going square) These are the rads and the fans I've chosen

I chose the Koolance rads because they're nice and square and the shrouds cover the inlet and outlet ports, giving them a nice symmetrical appearance.
    [​IMG]

I'm in two minds as to what to do with these, I was planning on applying a Disaster Area logo on them but now i'm thinking of painting them or maybe painting and putting on the logo. Your thoughts please ??
    The Disaster Area logo
    [​IMG]

Also i had the fans delivered and I think they're pretty sexy, love the alternate red/black on the blades
    [​IMG]

Ok I still have a pile of sanding to complete but please your thoughts would be helpful with the rads
    cheers.

Last edited: 2 Feb 2012
  6. Starsunder

Starsunder What's a Dremel?

Very nice build thus far.

What type of fans are those ?

7. Asouter

Asouter --------

Thanks Starsunder. The fans are from Phobya, they are Nano-2G's, these fans do support PWM but I'm using a fan controller so they won't be plugged into the motherboard.

8. Asouter

Asouter --------

UPDATE 2nd FEB

The spacers have been delivered, These will be used to support the areas that don't interlink with other surfaces, I've used 8mm Acrylic and yup you guessed it the spacers are 8mm
    I'll also be using threaded rods to hold the whole thing together. Here's a few pics of a quick mock up using the radiators, I wanted to see how they reflect the light when in place. They seem to pull the light inward rather than standing out like I want them too. I'm still in two minds wether to paint them ??
    Anyway enjoy the pics

The start of construction, I was suprised at how much the light plays on those surfaces
    [​IMG]

Radiator fitted inside the tower
    [​IMG]

When the fans are fitted and running the LED's should bounce and reflect over all those surfaces.
    [​IMG]

9. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I think once you get it lit up with the fans, it'll look f'in awesome. Without the LED's the black of the radiator will always suck in any light. Might be a idea to remove all the paint from the radiator to give the light even more to bounce off. You can always add a few LED's seperate to the fans to get the lighting effect you're looking for.

Asouter likes this.
  10. Asouter

Asouter --------

Sir you are a genius, I hadn't considered that option at all. KUDOS added big time ..THANK YOU

Last edited: 2 Feb 2012
    The_Crapman likes this.
  11. Asouter

Asouter --------

Ohh one last pic for the day

[​IMG]

12. The_Crapman

No problem at all :D Just had a thought though, the finish on the metal underneath could be quite dull and unreflective. Might be worth contacting the manufacturer see if they'll tell you. Should still be a lot better than black though.

You also might be able to find a paint that'd give it a reflective finish or just a coat of laquer like this one:
    http://www.toolbank.com/p/RUSCML125

Just one last thing, I know you've already forked out for the rads, but what about something thats already bare metal like these?
    [​IMG]
    http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/Magicool-SLIM-DUAL-240-Elegant-Series-Radiator-Rev2_11038.html

I'll stop with the ideas now. Must remember it's not my build, it's not my build, it's not my build.......:nono:
    I think I'll go have a lie down with a towel

13. peteski

peteski long live the pc

love it mate cant wait to see more :rock: :rock: :rock:

14. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

Those are pretty nice though :thumb:

15. Asouter

Asouter --------

Yup it's a bit of a no brainer DAMN IT :wallbash: Guess the card's gonna get hit, it's gonna be a lil hard to hide from the other half too.

"I seem to be having tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle"

16. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Ahem. Would you care to explain why my dog just shat battleships? :D

Looking seriously cool mate and I have to agree with the bare rads. Call me a geek but the best bit of those rads is the clear pods on the ends, but the copper finish is extremely awesome too :)

17. Asouter

Asouter --------

You're a geek and yup I agree, those rads are just right. So they're gonna get sneaked into the build and no one will notice ..... Shushhh !!!

SCALE is a wonderful thing :)

18. The_Crapman

Sorry! I've had my eye on those rads for ages for the mod i've got planned for my P180. Was trying to think of an easy way to make sure your rads were sparkly when they just popped into my head. I'll make sure any further suggestions I have are kept to myself.

Check the returns policy where you got the others from. Failing that, there'll probably someone on here who will buy them off you.

And again, I'm very sorry. I just thought they'd be perfect for this build and the pods would even go with the gargleblasters. I COULDN'T HELP IT, GOD DAM IT!:waah::waah::waah:

19. Asouter

Asouter --------

Dohhh :duh: I do appreciate the suggestion and have ordered up those rads, So how do I repay the favour ? When you do your build I will follow it with interest, seeing as you have a good eye for bits it should be well worth subbing to and you never know I might just come up with something that'll help you, I don't normally put my builds on forums but glad I did on this occasion the help has been brilliant.
    I know what you mean about ideas though, I have quite a few myself and it's difficult holding them back.

Cheers anyway, even if it's taken a bit away from your project, :thumb:

20. The_Crapman

Really glad I could help. I'm still gonna use them for my p180, which is just gonna be a fairly simple case mod with a couple of watercooling loops. First thing I'm doin will be lancool dragonlord k60 that will get some shiney added. Hopefully will be startin that in the next month.