1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Insert

Discussion in 'General' started by Porkins' Wingman, 3 Feb 2012.

1. Zener Diode

Zener Diode User Title

I think ctrl+insert and shift+insert can be used as copy and paste or something. Anyways, can't you bring your own keyboard, they won't mind if you deface that.

2. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I don't hit keys that I don't mean to very often; I miss keys that I mean to hit instead.

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I'm telling you - screwdriver + key = winnar. Keep it in the desk drawer/pen tidy ready if anybody asks where it went.

4. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Can't you just ask them for a proper keyboard? One with the keys in the right place?

5. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I often use it. I have to amend a lot of pdf files that I get sent in order to show the correct details for standards specification and the like. The insert key is used in acrobat x pro to replace text that I have blocked up with the pointer.

I use the escape key a hell of a lot as well as most of my time is often spent in AutoCAD.

Now scroll lock on the other hand...........

6. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

MFW Insert key is where the right ctrl key is supposed to be.
    [​IMG]

Also, that key to the left of the spacebar... Wat?

I would suggest accidentally spilling milk (or in your case, perhaps yoghurt) on that beast so you can get a normal-persons replacement!

7. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

Id walk about with it until i "bumped" into an IT guy and opps it slipped and is in bits on the floor, lets see them say that was on purpose :p

8. specofdust

specofdust Banned

I've got mine rebound as a "Random song" global shortcut for Foobar2000. Anytime I want music, I mash insert a few times and I'm good.

9. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I use the Insert key quite often (although it's position on that keyboard is bad) Ctrl+Insert = Copy shift+insert = Paste (could never be bothered with this ctrl+V nonsense :p )

edit:

and Ctrl+Delete = Cut

Last edited: 3 Feb 2012
  10. TheKrumpet

TheKrumpet Once more, into the breach!

I actually use insert a fair amount. Also I manage to use the rest of my keyboard without hitting it ;).

11. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

This, a thousand times this.
    Cannot get the hang of Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V.

12. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Considering that mutant mess of a keyboard; I can see why you hit it. Burn that keyboard. Burn it with Hellfiar. Then get a keyboard with the proper Insert, Home, PG up, Delete, End, and PGdown keys block set away from everything else. Winrar.

I hate "Low-profile" keyboards like that with a vengance. Either make it a tenkeyless, or jog on, chopping the number pad off then putting the rest of the keys in a blender DOES NOT make it a workable design.

13. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Okay I made that comment with the assumption that you had a proper keyboard, with the keys in the right place. What is that?! Get yourself a proper keyboard, man!

14. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

I know already, it sucks arse more than Sarah Ferguson. But with my attitude to work I'm about the least likely person to spend money to replace a poxy keyboard - I'd rather use as an excuse to quit my job.

15. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

You sound like a model employee!

16. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

If you PM me your mailing address and connector requirement (USB or PS/2), I will gladly send you a replacement keyboard with the insert key in the correct place. Free of charge.

It won't be fancy, but it'll be black, relatively clean, and feature a keyboard layout that is logical and sensible, rather than that horror you have been lumbered with.

Then you can use smashing the old keyboard over the back of your IT manager's head as an excuse to leave. :thumb:

17. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

That image didn't load the last time I was on this page... I LOL'd! :D :hehe:

18. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

its a US layout, so what? I use an Eluminx slimline in the same layout, I actually prefer it to the UK layout.

19. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

that is not a US layout.... US layout has Insert up on the 6 key cluster above the arrow keys.

also, we have a right ctrl and the \| key is up above enter.

The layout looks almost like they took the base design of a KBC Poker or Noppoo Choc Mini and added a number pad on....

20. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

Yes, it is a physical ANSI layout, with several keys in an incorrect logical location, for no reason at all.
    That layout has no relation to the Poker, and little to the Choc, since neither puts keys in such retarded locations.
    I've never understood why there is a British layout. You only really have 1 character that is different than USA which is the monetary symbol. Replace the $ with £ and be done. Well you also have that ¬, does anyone use that for anything at all?