1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming What If? - A Salem Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 3 Feb 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Can't wait for this - I just wish it looked a bit more grown up!

3. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Looks interesting. I want to be a hermit wanderer. Living in solitude with nothing more than a trusty blade and hunting skills keeping me alive.

4. alialias

alialias What's a Dremel?

This will be AWESOME.
    I wonder how difficult it will be to live a Harvest Moon style existence when there are so many threats...

5. TheKrumpet

TheKrumpet Once more, into the breach!

As an EVE Online player I love the idea of players being able to shape the world. This game, with no real imposed restrictions couple be very, very interesting imo. I'll keep an eye out.

Good article, good read.

6. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

Everything I've heard about this game seems to be saying to me "Hey come and play me, I'm an awesome game!" and then I saw the screenshots. . . Did someone activate DK mode?

I had imagined this game to be a combination of the sims' and diablo's graphics style, not n64 graphics. It simply looks out of place when I think about all the game rules and the world itself.

Still might give it a shot though.

7. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:hehe: I've never had any interest in MMO's but this sounds quite awesome from the preview. :D:rock:

:lol: There is that though. :D

8. leslie

leslie Just me!

Considering some of the things mentioned in the article, and having used Second Life... This will be a greifers haven.

9. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:hehe: Yeah I almost forgot why I stopped bothering with normal multiplayer games, guess MMO's are probably a million times worse. :D

10. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

somemenjustwanttowatchtheworldburn.jpg

11. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

This. You'll get guys with loads of accounts and loads of new characters flinging themselves around trying to kill any experienced characters. Maybe cheats as well. Can't imagine it'll be any fun whatsoever.

12. kelmannen

kelmannen What's a Dremel?

if there's a high treshold for learning battle skills it might take a while and many of the grievers wont bother, but thats not very likely =/

13. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

I'd never underestimate the amount of work griefers will put in. Look at the Goonswarm in EVE for example.

14. leslie

leslie Just me!

You don't need to fight to be a griefer, however some will do that just for that reason.

Just go in a burn down their forest and crops (or threatening to burn or cut if not paid off), roving bands of them stealing all they can, and plenty more that they will come up with.

In the free shooter Battlefield Heroes, people were paying $40 a month for the hacks, and then paying a few dollars a month for in game items, just so they could go in and kill everyone in a single shot. Many of these people figured E.A. wouldn't ban them, despite cheating because they were spending money on the game, they were right, E.A. took months to stop them, if ever.

Tags: Add Tags