1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress 'New' build, UFO^3 **PSU sleeving**

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Furball Zen, 25 Jan 2012.

1. Furball Zen

Furball Zen Shut up and Mod

In the days of 24" and 27" monitors, how are pics sized for a 15" monitor huge?

With the new server software, doing a CTRL+F5 the page loads in just under 11 seconds.(and im only on a 5mbps connection)

2. Attila

Attila still thinking....

The forums limit is 800 pixels on the longest side. Resize your photos to this and you cant go wrong. :thumb:

3. Vetalar

Vetalar *learning english*

no it's not :) i've read that thread (and even post smth). i see some plexi backplate and "smth blue" and ask what-da-heck-is-dat-blu-thing. i RMA'ed my crystal sphere for mind reading and all ours telepathist stuff on winter vacation :).
    and about pix: post 600*800 pix with link to fullsize pix - everyone who wants to see 10 gigapixel images can easily click and enjoy

4. Furball Zen

I have these posted at 3 other forums this size and no one cares, but if i resize them for this site i would have to maintain extra copies at the smaller size. But then you shouldnt judge a mod by its pic size.

Vetalar, its blue metal flake paint, thought i mentioned that, sorry.

Asouter likes this.
  5. Kyukuru

Kyukuru What's a Dremel?

Hmm the hardware looks nice, looking forward to your finished work :)

6. Asouter

Asouter --------

Don't worry too much about the rating, I have the same problem with a few ratings at 1star, Like the cable work and looking forward to watching your progress. Will you be using a mountain mods case ?

Rated + Rep added for perseverance :thumb:

7. microsoftPerson

microsoftPerson What's a Dremel?

You sleeved some wires and posted photos that are larger than necessary, again... and then you ask for more stars? How about asking for some rep while you're at it? FYI - Ctrl F5 does not simulate how long it will take someone else to load your photos - but it also usually, depending on browser, only reloads items on the page that have changed.

I guess we'll see what you do with the mod once you get started.

8. Furball Zen

Thanks. No its Sunbeam Case. There was supposed to be a pic of it up above, not sure what happened to it though. Maybe the link broke. Hoping to start on the PSU tomorrow night!

CTRL+F5 completely reloads the page. But, im not going to maintain two sets of photos to satisfy one forum (sorry if you find that offensive), unless i am breaking the rules. But since i have not seen one post from a mod about that, i doubt its a 'real' issue.

Edit: added the case pic up top :)

9. Furball Zen

Small update.

Made some hard drive cover plates/coolers. Since im using two of these in RAID, and a single 1TB for storage, i took 2 fans from a HDD cooler for the two RAID drives. Will just use a plain one without a fan since it wont be in use all the time. (bt edit: i said in the OP that im using 3 Raptor X's in RAID 5, havent figured out what ill do about back plates or cooling)

Also the socket cap screws i have were a bit long, and i needed to bit of space to vent the warm air, i made some washers out of some scrap acrylic. I scribed the build name into it too. The hole above the D is for an HDD activity LED on the two RAID drives.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I used some scrap to make washers (used as spacers since the back side of the card isnt flat at all, and to provide a bit of air flow) and 'nuts' to mount the plate instead of using metal hardware, came out nicer than i thought it would. Used some carbon fiber Di-Noc to cover up the 'nuts' since the threaded acrylic looked odd. Also in the earlier pics of the vid card, the CF was on the rim of the water block, and i moved it to the ram cooler, think it looks nicer, and replaced the socket head screws with low profile ones that match the rest of the hardware. If anyone cares, they have the same thread pitch as HDD screws (6-32).

[​IMG][/

10. shrop

shrop El Jefe of Sleeving

Loving that backplate, looks good mate!

11. Furball Zen

12. kelmannen

kelmannen What's a Dremel?

love the size, hates when the pics is thumbnail size...

Furball Zen likes this.
  13. Furball Zen

What i would consider a big update...

Windowed and 'stealthed' DVD-ROM drive

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(bt edit: i wasnt going to post this, but its content nonetheless and shows some details i was working on with my older mobo)

Ok, so i got my mobo on Saturday, and have been working on it, albeit slowly. Taking my time cause i dont want to mess it up...lol.

So, on to the pics

Whats this?

[​IMG]

Not satisfied to use anything that wont work perfectly the first time... the stock Thermaltake bracket wouldnt work with the backplate on my 4890 (which has to go in the first slot since ill be X-Firing :cool:) i figured id make one in the style of the theme. (note worthy item, the IFX cooler wouldnt fit straight because the lowest fin was even with the top of the USB/LAN connector, but was easy enough to remove, and it fits perfect now)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some of the bazillion USB headers, look kinda bare though?

[​IMG]

Dont you just hate when you cant buy the proper color/tint for your mod?

[​IMG]

Taste of things to come...maybe?

[​IMG]

Fan and USB headers...

[​IMG]

Last edited: 9 Feb 2012
  14. Vetalar

DFI 4ever!!!

15. Furball Zen

MSi never! Oh, nvm lol.

16. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

I'd say It's a cool mod! But it's not cool enough for me to wait 1½ minutes to see pics... :)

17. Furball Zen

Are you guys all on dial up or something? LOL J/K! Really dont want to have to maintain 2 sets of pics, but ill see what i can do.

18. Furball Zen

The madness continues :)

Safe to say, i keep saying that i cant NOT mod something in some sort of fashion or another...

While it might look like im taking cues from the new XSPC Raystorm CPU water block, im not. Im not really copying anything just wanting to mod my Swiftech Apogee GT block to fit this build. It has a chrome bracket, and although some AL and chrome will be here, this is about modding and blue/black theme right?

So, nothing is safe nor sacred with me. Warranty? Whats that? RMA? Never have, probably never will.

So, just got a delivery from the laser cutter, A.K.A the living room lol

3 piece band? (sharp people will notice an extra set of holes in the clear and blue that arent in the black... they are 2.9mm to fit something enlightening...)

[​IMG]

3 piece band got totally screwed

[​IMG]

Side view, skinny mini

[​IMG]

Lighting sucks i know, but then it IS 2 am...

(i compromised and made the pics 1024x768 also)

19. Furball Zen

So, who else is depressed by the lack of inexpensive HDD water blocks? Good, then i give you the very first Swiftech water block, or as i call it, the MCW60-HDD!

[​IMG]

20. Vetalar

mcw60 on HDD? sick!!! any temps :D
    m.b. slap 2-3mm alu plate on HDD (and some thermal pad of course) and than slap waterblock on it? this way You could cool down also PCB and case and not only motor like now.
    *watching*