1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Fanatic

Fanatic Monimidder

Do it! After reading how much people were loving the U2711 etc. I was honestly prepared to be underwhelmed and regret parting with so much cash, bet hell no, they are the nuts and well worth the moolah! The anti glare is a little aggressive to begin with but it took me about 5 minutes to adjust to it and it became unnoticeable.

Woke up and gave it a kiss before I shot off to work ;)

2. pyro1son

pyro1son Linux User!

Ill give you a little hint as to my latest purchase:
    [​IMG]

:thumb:

3. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Hahaha, that made me almost choke on a mouthful of coffee! :D Yeah I'm definitely going to pick one up the next time either of my 2835's gives bother. They've both been on my bench twice now, both power boards and both signal boards have been re-capped with low ESR Panasonic capacitors, I replaced three voltage regulators on the inverter board of one and the same plus a transformer on the inverter of the other one.

The hot side of the power board in them seems to get a real workout when the brightness is up high, which is the case on mine all the time - plus, mine are 5 years old and are on for more than 6 hours a day, most days. I got 4 flawless years out of the one that I had from new, and the other one that I bought second hand gave me two good years before it needed work. All the work that I've done on them has been in the past 18 months though, which is why they're a bit of a PIMA at the moment. A U2711 primary with what I consider to be the better of the two Viewsonics (it's a little brighter for some reason) as a secondary would be nice, and I'll put the "worse" of the Viewsonics on the wall in the workshop as an iTunes monitor :)

4. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Corsair Force 3 240 for Macbook Pro 13" (early 2011), surprisingly no issues so far (knocking on the wood :worried:).

@_Fanatic & Unicorn : i am satisfied with my HP ZR2740w as well, except the 1 week downtime for onsite RMA, when the service guys had to order the panel from HP because they didn't have it in stock. But i liked the RMA process :). Call them, then when they have the replacement they call you, a guy comes to your house, takes your old panel from the stand, puts a new one, you sign the swap confirmation, RMA done :D. Now only if someone would give me an acceptable money for my 4 year old LP2475w, but that is not going to happen (a new one is still 485 euros, but i guess the best offer i would get in my country for my monitor would be 200e max :D).

5. Fanatic

Fanatic Monimidder

You think I'm joking? If it wasn't for a misses and a pregnancy pillow in a normal double sized bed, the 'shiny' would have been sleeping with us :D

Oh and picked up some 'proper' 16AWG ul1007 cable to make my own PSU ATX cable and pci-e power cables. Took some finding this when you don't know exactly what it is you are looking for!

[​IMG]

6. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

An absolute boss of a hangover...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

7. Fanatic

Fanatic Monimidder

Hmm not sure, got any more clues?

8. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

McD's for lunch, I feel so.. so dirty.

xMathiasD likes this.
  9. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

No, I'm with Longweight on this one again, although boots aren't my thing, I have to say fairly flashy shoes with a bit of metal are really nice. Hence my own purchase.

10. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

I heard that.

11. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Around £150 of assorted RPG books & Novels. (all but one of the novels are signed), plus autographed photos of Sylvester McCoy & Sophie Aldred.
    Today I plan to get autographed photos of Eve Myles, Brian Blessed, Colin Baker, Norman Lovatt & Hattie Hayridge.

PS - I don't buy pre-signed stuff!

12. knuck

knuck Hate your face

you guys probably dont care but.. a day later, I can confirm that the laptop ROCKS :rock:

13. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I was really looking at getting a Lenovo but the Sony I did buy.....

.....I forgot why I bought the Sony over the Lenovo :lol:

14. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

More of a trade, but still:

A shiny Heatkiller 3.0 off Parge! With the universal Mounting brackets, so it'll fit AMD!

[​IMG]

Yes, I'm aware that's not how it's meant to be mounted, that was just a quick bodge to check it fitted the AM2/+/3/+ Platform.

Last edited: 4 Feb 2012
  15. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

[​IMG]

Denon D1100!

16. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Glad to hear it. Is it built as solidly as the IBM's of old?

17. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Car insurance time again, boooooo

Did manage to get £150 multi-car discount, £80 quidco and 15 weeks free one one of the cars as a new customer (£240) though, so don't feel too shafted.

Still quite a bit more expensive than a couple years ago though :grr:

18. jamesn

jamesn What's a Dremel?

Intel i7 2600k

19. JMMD

JMMD What's a Dremel?

20. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Just a follow up on my most recent batch of purchases; I've got it all built now. Down to 37 degrees under maximum load. I like this setup.

Sadly I was too busy swearing and assembling the loop to take too many pictures, so I've got very little for you peeps. I don't think it's enough for a Build log.