1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Gamers plan sit in for Half-Life 3 details

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 1 Feb 2012.

1. kzinti1

kzinti1 What's a Dremel?

It's more than a little obvious that this is nothing more than a thinly veiled ad-campaign by Valve.
    I'm disappointed so many of you suckers fell for it. :rolleyes:
    Life truly is wasted on youth. :sigh:

2. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Do you really believe that?

3. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

I blame the communists.

Sadly guys and girls, I haven't been able to wangle my way our of that date. No HL2 for me tonight....

4. Boscoe

Boscoe Electronics extraordinaire.

Well numbers aren't too great on steam... ....currently at 3,205 peak. I would play, I love HL2 and have decided I will buy an entire new PC when/if HL3 is released so I can play it at max settings.

The reason I say if is because I think it could be easily possible there is no HL3 and everything everyone has heard are rumours some matey through up of?

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

More than a little obvious that age has sucked all of your dreams out and left you a dried-up husk. :p

LennyRhys likes this.
  6. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

ROFL. An ad campaign to... promote an eight-year-old game? Damn, if only I hadn't bought it eight years ago. :duh:

And I too am disappointed that I fell for this ploy by Valve to subject me to hours of torment and torture, playing one of the best games ever made. HOW will I cope? :waah:

7. D B

D B What's a Dremel?

I find it funny how some posts describe the "A Call for Communication" action as demanding/whining for a release (you did read it, right?)

I read respectfully asking for "better communication" as not whining or demanding anything

LennyRhys likes this.
  8. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Very much doubt it.

Half Life has got to be valves biggest franchise, they wouldn't just leave it up in the air when there's such a huge fan base.

9. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Valve make a lot more money now through Steam than they ever would with HL3, I doubt it's high on their list of things to do.

They've left it up in the air for years...

10. Splooshiba

Splooshiba Minimodder

This only involved people who already really like the series and really want half life 3 to be released, its hardly going to raise any awareness.

11. NethLyn

NethLyn Minimodder

We can point and laugh at them but I can see where they are coming from, considering that there are regular updates and fixes for L4D2, a game they let wither and die and where you're only likely to get single player games anymore for campaigns as the servers are so few and far between if you don't want to play versus or download mods.

DOTA 2's clearly going to be first but they (the fans) can't keep saying "Maybe this November" every year ad infinitum. They just don't want the game to turn into Half-Life 3 Forever.

Last edited: 5 Feb 2012
  12. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

If they are not going to finish the story then they should just say so. There must be a reason (or several) for leaving it this long.

13. D B

D B What's a Dremel?

Awareness? ... Raised

This has been written about on many forums/websites

14. centy

centy DFI Nutter

aww I think I missed it.

Shameless plug for 22g HL2 Synergy mod server 83.142.226.105:29015

Possibly the best Synergy server on the planetspehere.

Synergy Mod
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/17520/

15. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

ouch! i bet that stung :thumb:

sighs i played HL when it was first out, it's one of my favourite games of all time. I still go back to play them. With game releases i have over the years got used to waiting a very long time :waah:

16. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

It'd be nice if Valve would, at least, drop hints. Not veiled uberlong hints like the Portal 2 buildup, but just an occasional hint. Maybe something cryptic relating to the new source engine, but absolutely nothing at all is annoying. At best. I know we don't have a right to this game, but I'd like to think that Valve has an Obligation to see this through to the end with the massive fanbase that it has garnered.

Tags: Add Tags