1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Star Wars - The Old Republic Discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Fizzban, 24 Sep 2011.

1. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

Yup coruscant is horrific, do my class quest and gtfo, same on nar shadda

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk

2. wodgah

wodgah What's a Dremel?

I have just finished hoth and must say thats the worst one so far for me , huge travel time back and forth to hand in and a pain to boot.

3. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

I got to Hoth on my main and have sort of left her there outside in the cold :(.

It wasn't so much the size of the planet, just that i started moving onto Alts and that my Guild Members both:

a) were originally much lower level than me (so I used an alt to try be more level pegging).

b) after i came back from holiday, much higher Level than me.

c) seem to have left after the first month.

As such, there's not much reason to carry on playing until they implement Server Transfers and i can find a nice Empire Guild to join.

At the moment my "new" main is on Sith Meditation Sphere, Republic Side and joined one of the larger Guilds there.

Quite enjoying the Republic Side since the story is completely new, although am disappointed that the Taris maps are essentially the same map and not actually any different.

4. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

started playing again last night, really enjoying it so far.

just got to alderan with my inquisitor.

Anyone here playing on the nightmare lands?

5. Lsane

Lsane What's a Dremel?

Ive got a lvl45 Sniper, and I'm struggling to finish him to lvl50. If you think Hoth or Nar Shadda was bad for level design, try Belsavis. It's truly awful for guiding players to the right spots. I've finished the place and I'm now on Voss, which seems a lot smaller.

I'm currently playing an Assassin alt too with a friend. This is where I think the game shines. It's highly enjoyable playing this co-operatively. I'm Dark side and he's Light side, a lot of the quests are like Good Cop/Bad Cop depending on who wins the social roll.

There's about 7-8 lvl50s in my guild, and from what they tell me - there's plenty to do at lvl50. There's a raid, Hard mode flashpoints, lvl50 pvp gear and lvl50 pve repeatable quests for those who like to solo. Only those without life commitments will have exhausted all of this content (that and 8 separate class stories). There's a lot of re-playability in rolling an alt, especially in playing the other faction.

6. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

That's how me and a mate have been playing and it can be hilarious :D

7. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

I'm playing on scepter of ragnos, republic side. Just me and a couple of mates, we called our guild two Jedi one cup.

If anyone else is playing there let me know

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk

8. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

The Empire is no better. Belsavis feels the same way. Initially the quests are spread out, no real fast travel except moving to the next hub of quests via rail. Even with my Speeder I was hating every minute of Belsavis. I still have most of my quests there because I did the Class quest and left.

9. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

I second this, there's nothing more amusing than cock-blocking your randy jedi mate, and stabbing people in the throat after he's won every conversation roll and talked someone down.
    "He was coming straight for us" indeed.

It is quite interesting how much longer the conversations can be when you're not being a total ***** to the galaxy in general. Saying that, the creeping black grim around my consulars face is a badge of pride.
    :rock:

10. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Hit 30 today =].

Currently just going back through some of the older Heroics that i skipped / couldn't be bothered to find a group for (mainly on Nar Shadaa).

Also, i like the new Community Q&A.

11. blinkieleblind

blinkieleblind Tings and such

oooh i have to say that if the Q&A is anything to go by, i am hugely excited for 1.2 :D

12. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Yeah me to, plenty to look forward to :)

13. wodgah

wodgah What's a Dremel?

Just about everyone i know playing has been playing a lot more than me and have all now become bored after having full gear within 2 weeks of hitting 50 , they say the pvp is still ok but nothing amazing. This coming froma guild that has played pretty much all the mmo releases over the past few years, im disappointed that i didnt enjoy the game more myself and hoped for 50 to be where the real fun was , it just feels a bit meh.

14. JPClyde

JPClyde What's a Dremel?

I love this game been playing since early access, but one thing that really bugs me, one being the detection box around your companion is way too big, many times I have clicked on my companion instead of an item or enemy.

I have a bounty hunter around 46 and I am bored to hell, back and forth killing mobs, goto a quest killing mobs then on your return trip killing the same mobs which in some areas the respawn is too fast.

The maps are too big for the amount of players at the moment, my BH is on a RP server which is always heavy loaded yet there only seems to be a max of 40 players and starts to disappear as the night goes on, most of the players are on the fleets doing flashpoints.

So I've jumped to my Sage on a different server to see how far I can get with this class before I become bored.

15. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

I've not renewed my subscription so I think for the time being that's me done with TOR. Most of the zones are empty, the quests are almost identical in terms of A-B gathering/conversation/killing and I've done that for five years in Azeroth.

I was hoping the quality of the voice acting would add what I was looking for but it's really not enough to stave off boredom and I find myself hitting space through all the conversations.

A subscription fee for that is unjustifiable to me.

Guild Wars 2 hopefully will be better maybe a little different and have little more originality, but you never know.

16. rollo

rollo Modder

Too many people forget what a true mmo is

1, gear grind (pve + pvp)
    2. Raid or pvp after grinding above
    3. Grind gear in raids or pvp
    4. Do next raid tier

Repeat forever

Wow never had a quest tracker on release, at least star wars gives you some direction

Mmos in the years have become very casual but there's still things to do at 50 in star wars

Not everyone has hit Valor 60 or beaten nightmare mode.

Star wars is basically knights of old republic 3 with a chat system

17. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Likewise, even if i am getting sick constant pointless tidbits, just give us a dater ffs?! lol

SWTOR will keep me busy until then though :)

18. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

I sort of agree...

The amount of content in a single Class/Storyline is equal to a SP game IMO and those that say they'd rather have had KoTOR3 seem to forget that the only replayability KoTOR had was different classes (check) and even then, the story was still the same... so it'd just be different choices (check).

I admit it's a bit more of a grind than KoTOR was, but then i think the conversations and combat are much better implemented (but that's solely down to KoTOR being old).

---

Anyhow, i just hit Lvl40 (am Lvl 41 now actually ;D) and making my way around Hoth.

I agree that Hoth is a bit dull and not quite as... impressive as Tatooine was (maybe it's also because the Snow is a bit blinding.

But i still think that whoever created the Republic Quest chains had a spasm of some sort... Balmorra was another clear cut example of this, giving me quests on one side of the area only to be turned in back where you got them from, then to be sent out to the other side again.

This never really happened on the Imperial side from what i remember =/.

19. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

Caved and re-subbed today. Decided to start again and am playing a Trooper this time since it's the only class I haven't really played.

20. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I'm very tempted to pay, but the cost is putting me off, that's one of the main reasons I would have prefered a KOTOR 3, I don't mind paying a one of £30 or whatever.
    But paying that and then more each month doesn't sit well with me, since I'm such a tempremental gamer, and tend to move from game to game, so paying per month doesn't suit me. Tried it with Eve, but found myself not playing for a couple of weeks at a time, and as a result, stopped my subscription, not worth it.