1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Skyrim?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Karas, 15 Sep 2011.

1. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Not true, in TES2: Daggerfall you're not a prisoner. You start off in a cave after being shipwrecked and are working for Emperor Uriel Septim VII.

I haven't played the first game TES: Arena but I have a feeling that you're not a prisoner on that one either.

2. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

:sigh: Read a post during the holidays that Bethesda was gonna release it come end Jan (that's why I asked now).

It's just that looking at the patch notes, they not really working anything except game crashes and completely broken quests. I mean, what about the hordes of us where the dragons don't spawn AT ALL (except story driven and the 7 specific spots). That's something that I can fix.

3. specofdust

specofdust Banned

My bad, Daggerfall is the one I haven't played (you start in a dungeony prison in Arena), and since TES creators always say that it's an essential part of the gameplay I'd assumed it carried through in Daggerfall. Shipwrecked is obviously chosen to achieve a similar effect though.

4. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I've played Morrowind and Oblivion which is why I was surprised they used the same thing again. I get why they do it, but they could think up another way to do it rather than just doing the same thing everytime. Not that I'm really bothered, I was just surprised like I said.

5. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I finally met the guy who's says Dagger to the knee, and whilst it was a funny meme. it wasnt all that funny in game xD

Completed Stormcloacks quests. Now to do some side ones and continue with a few others.

6. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I hate followers or companions of any kind. I've got Barbas following me until I do his sodding quest (which is in the arse end of nowhere I've been yet).

When the quest option comes up I'm gonna kill him for always standing in my way and starting on everything in sight. I'm a SNEAKY fire mage. How can I sneak if the dog runs off and kills every sodding thing?!

7. suenstar

There you go they've finally given a specific day for it, the team announced on their Facebook page that the Creation Kit is going to be released on the coming Tuesday (7th Feb).
    http://www.facebook.com/TheElderScrolls

There's also mention of a special surprise to go with the kit's release, which rumours are hinting is an official High-Res texture pack.
    Valve kind of ruined the surprise with their lack of skill in hiding things: http://i.imgur.com/9RKcH.png :duh:

Shirty likes this.
  8. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Looks like I'm going to do some playing with the creation kit when it's released!!

9. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

if 1.4 has fixed the giant killing quest for the jarl in dawnstar then i'll be happy, has it fixed the z fighting issue? No mention in the notes... i'll head straight to whiterun when I next play.

10. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

:rock: :rock: :clap:

11. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

Arrow man, Arrows & Knees :p

12. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I've shot a few guys in the knee with an arrow, which made me smile!

13. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Nice find! :rock:

14. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

High res texture pack eh, just what the doctor ordered.

15. TheGreatSatan

TheGreatSatan Member for 17 years!

I have the game. Bought the day after it was released. I played OBlivion for over 600 hours so I was really looking forward to this game. I played for seven minutes and thought it was buggy. It crashed twice. I installed the 4GB fix and that seemed to help, but I just cannot get myself into that computer chair. I am just so not interested in playing at all.

I think I'll wait till more mods are available and more known console commands

16. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Im roughly 35 hours in, with zero crashes or problems.

Only 'bugs' I have encountered are companions getting stuck, and a single mammoth falling from the sky.

Otherwise its been rock solid

17. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

I'm a good 40 hours in, and no bugs apart from a frozen screen during loading a few times.

Although that might be because I have it on 360. :p

Once there are a bunch of decent mods out, and it's dropped in price, I'll re-buy it for PC and play through it as a different type of character.

It's got the point where I'm having to push the difficulty up to give enemies a chance against my sneaky deadric bow wielding assassin.

18. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Did it make a splash? :worried:

19. suenstar

I've experienced tons of bugs, though saying that I have been playing around with a few of my own home-brewed mods and am constantly fiddling with the console commands to tweak bits.

Definitely looking forward to seeing how much more can be done when the Creation Kit comes out, looking forward to taking a swing at a total conversion project.

That lovely find is courtesy of those sneaky lads over on the Steam forums who are constantly peeking at the back-end of their system.

I'd have to say their best find was when Valve didn't hide the address for their image server properly during a Christmas sale a couple of years back, the guys on the forum were revealing everything that was going to appear which made planning purchases so much easier. :D

20. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Most of the console commands are known now, as far as I know. Check the Skyrim UESP Wiki for all you could need. ;)

Also, Skyrim needed a serious amount of TLC (compatibility mode, funny tweaks, disable steam overlay etc etc) at launch and with the first two or three patches, but one downloaded shortly before Christmas which fixed crashing for me almost completely. It's in a much better state than Oblivion was at this point after release.