1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics zomg do I buy this or not??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by j4mi3, 6 Feb 2012.

1. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

asus Gtx 590, used

For £220

Is this,not a great,price? The 7970 is double this price and not as good

Please what would you do?

Obviously new,gen will be better but also double this price

Teelzebub likes this.
  2. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Why so cheap would be my question. Where's it from? Ebay?

3. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

^Thats what I thought^

4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Sounds too good to be true.

I wouldn't touch it, unless I trusted the seller 100%

Teelzebub likes this.
  5. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Meanwhile, somewhere - some poor dyspraxic eBayer is about to have a flurry of bids on his GTX 560...

Bede likes this.
  6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I checked fleebay, no Asus GTX 590 for that price as far as I can tell.

Will the OP post a link to it?

I'd like to see this for myself. And not to worry I am broke so wont be buying it lol

7. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

I thought it might be too good to be true as,well.

It was Ebay but he took it down. He wanted 220 so I,pmd him personally

8. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

sure, :thumb:

remember though, 590 is dual-GPU. may look good on paper, but what you get is 2 GPU and driver problems.

Teelzebub likes this.
  9. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Yeah but, at £220, it'd be worth buying to immediately sell on. ;)

I seriously doubt it ever existed. The card, not necessarily the ebay listing - as suggested it was probably a typo.

10. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Well I could go and guy another GTX 570 right now, but the money I'd spend on that is for buying a car in a few weeks time. lol

Once I have a job again and some money put away I'm thinking of changing my case and or mobo to Z68/EVGA or ASUS thinking the high end in that series. In anycase.

If the item is no longer for sale that sucks!

11. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

Ok just pmd him again, he assured me the card is in fine working order and comes with full accessories. However he has not been rated seemingly so can't tell if dodgy or not

Don't I have rights if it doesn't work? Can't I get my money back or anything

12. noizdaemon666

Yeah, but only if bought through Ebay. If you PayPal gift him outside of Ebay you have no rights anymore. What was the reason he took it down?

13. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Either meet him face to face or have him put it up on the 'bay as a private listing - that way you can pay with PayPal through eBay.

14. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

thanks i will tell him to put it up as a private listing

so what, if it turns out to be faulty, i can get my money back yeah?

and so in conclusion, when i have told him to do this, you def think i should go for this, at £220?

and also, like another poster suggested, if its a typo what then? can i still get money back?

15. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I wouldn't buy it unless it was through E-Bay and you paid by Pay-Pal.

My brother brother bought some stuff of there and paid cash on collection, only to find when he got home and connected the stuff up to his caravan they didn't work and because he didn't pay through E-Bay and Pay-Pal he didn't get his money back.

I have sold a few thing's on E-Bay, and other than the last pc I sold I refused to accept any form of Pay-Pal, the last pc I sold on there the guy wanted to collect it and pay cash so I said fine and showed it running, and asked him if there was anything he wanted me to do on the pc and I did what he asked, he was happy and have not heard from him again.

If you buy it and decide to pay cash for it outside of E-Bay either go and pick it up or have them bring it to you so you can check it working in a pc as that price, is far to cheap so either they don't know what they have or there is something wrong with it.

16. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

this is what he says:

hi pal if this is a genuine offer then yes i am happy to do it for 220 if interetsed email me your paypal email address and i will send you a invoice over

and then i asked him is it mint condition, with adapters etc:

Yes its still sealed pal so eerything is inc adaptors for VGA convertor,Power cables,CD software,TV wires,SLI Bridge boxed mint condition unopened,

i know i said used in the title, but i honestly cant remember what the listing was before he took it down. frankly, used or new for this price it doesnt matter to me

17. noizdaemon666

If it's paid for through Ebay via PayPal it's relatively easy to get your money back if it's faulty/a gt 520/a box :) It covers you very well paying that way.

Again if it's a typo, then he'll either have to send you the proper item at stated price or refund. Covered by PayPal through Ebay so not much to worry about.

And I'd go for it if he's willing to list it privately for you to pay through PayPal on Ebay. You could always resell it if you find driver issues anyway.

j4mi3 likes this.
  18. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

ok i probably should have thought of this before, i NEVER buy off ebay, i dont think i have money in my paypal acc at all, can i pay through card, through paypal, through ebay?

secondly, why am i covered buying through paypal in ebay, whereas not covered outside of ebay but still paypal?

and thirdly, as stated i never do this kind of stuff what should i say to him?

'could you please list your item privately on ebay so i can purchase it there...' what should i say?

19. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

i appreciate the help btw

20. noizdaemon666

Yeah you can pay off card through paypal on ebay. Just go to paypal's website and add it as a funding source. Then you'll be able to pay through paypal and you should be able to select the card as funding source on checkout.

Ebay has loads of policies and stuff which covers the buyer and seller. Paypal does too, to a certain degree. Paying outside ebay usually means paying a gift, which, as a gift, becomes the other party's property without anyway of getting it back. You can pay for goods and services outside ebay, but I don't know how well you'd be covered.

And as for what to say, not sure, I've never had to ask someone to dfo that before.