1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Open Source LCD Software

Discussion in 'Software' started by Unicorn, 11 Feb 2012.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I'm racking my brain at the moment trying to remember the name of the LCD programming software that a lot of modders use to write custom GUIs for their LCD displays. I think it has the letters "U" and "I" in it, but I'm not sure. Can anyone help me out? I'm going to be programming a Matrix Orbital USB graphic LCD.

Last edited: 11 Feb 2012
  2. Unicorn

Or to put a slightly different spin on it, what software would you recommend to program a Matrix Orbital graphic LCD display? I know there's one that allows you to create your own menus etc, but I have no idea what it's called. It may not be shareware, but I don't mind having to pay for it.

3. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

hmm google is your friend lmgtfy

from there i went to matrix orbitals website, look under manuals, you will see a dropdown menu for drivers and software etc

4. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

What OS ?
    Windows - LCD Smartie
    Linux - LCDProc

Or do you mean something else ?

5. Unicorn

Of course I Googled for it Rich, I wouldn't start a thread asking for the name of something if it popped up in a Google search. Did you actually read my posts? It's not any of the ones that I have been able to find. The one that I am talking about allows you to program a graphic LCD with custom menus.

Maybe I'm getting mixed up between LCD character/graphic displays and actual Windows software... I specifically remember someone using a PSone LCD in the front drive bays of a case mod, and they had a custom UI on the screen for showing temperatures, fan speeds, network usage etc. Maybe this was connected as an extended desktop monitor and the software being used for it was Windows based?

It may have been one of coolermiester's projects, I'm not sure though.

Windows preferably. Thanks for the links. I have all of the ones you've listed so far. This is my first time programming a graphic LCD, everything I've done before has been character displays.

6. faugusztin

Unicorn likes this.
  7. Unicorn

Your posts have been extremely helpful, faugusztin - by Googling "Alphacool LCD" I came across the one that I was looking for, it's shown in coolermiester's post here. It was Samurize being displayed on a small TFT screen. Anohter place I saw this done was here on bit-tech in jokkos' scratch build "Der Meister". You can see his Samurize screen here. The best one that you posted for graphical LCDs seems to be LCDhype. I think I'll use that for the MO display.

8. faugusztin

Oh that is why we were searching in the wrong place - Samurize is something like Konfabulator or widgets on Windows desktop :).