1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Report suggests the UK is a console nation

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 14 Feb 2012.

1. t.y.wan

t.y.wan What's a Dremel?

Pretty sure because the 2nd hand games are too cheap, and PC hardware prices being unrealistic...
    Check the price against "outside" EU, it's much more affordable...
    Most Brits don't know **** about computers... even the younger generations, completely retarded, computer and most other things wise...

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

:( Even just a sample size and who they got the names from would be a good start.

3. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

"13-34 age bracket"

Most useless age bracket ever.

4. DarkFear

DarkFear What's a Dremel?

I'm kinda tempted to shout "Sieg PC!" now. :p

5. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Another reason for me to be happy about moving to Frankfurt.

England has just become too much for me. (obviously more than just console gaming issues)

6. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I'd still rather play PC games that have dedicated servers, with French people spamming the mic with French curse words and German hackers (no offence, but srsly every other German clan has h4xed at some point...) than be forced to play XBL with squeaky voiced 13 year olds who are crap at the game in console matchmaking.

PC gaming for life. The Console generation (aforementioned kids) are bad at gaming in general. I've had a ridiculous number of bad match made Halo:Reach games in the past couple of months because of it.

Hey, parents... Hey, yeah you... Come here. Listen carefully:

THE GAME SAYS PEGI 16. GET THOSE LITTLE JUMPED UP NOOBS OFF THE CONSOLE AND INTO BED BEFORE THEY LOSE ME ANOTHER EASY GAME, YEAH?

That's pretty much how I feel about console games. MS lost my support and respect when they first 'kidified' the 360 dashboard. The Xbox used to be the grown-ups console. That is definitely no longer the case.

7. Lenderz

Lenderz Minimodder

Exactly what I thought, I work in marketing (yes I have no soul) but even without getting more data I can tell you in my opinion the whole thing is rendered useless by this one simple statement.

Honestly, 13-34 as a bracket, in a study? Like nothing changes to a persons purchasing powers in that time, or as if people don't put emphasis on different things as they mature. I'd say that 23-34 is a bit wide, but having a bracket as wide as in this study ruins any credibility.

8. Bazz

Bazz Multimodder

Sorry to ask, but what is a console?

Hehe

9. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

I haven't owned a console since my SNES. I won't be owning a console unless I make one, which will in fact be a PC with a controller plugged in.

10. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

I own a wii, xbox, xbox 360, psp, ps3, nintendo DS, 2 laptops and a PC so I would probably screw the figures somewhat. That said, the last time I gamed on anything other than the pc was a long time ago. Then again with my recent motherboard failure, gran turismo may be getting an outing for a bit, or any of the other games I never finished

11. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

What's wrong with that. The average laptop will be used for office and web, nothing more.

12. Poacher886

Poacher886 What's a Dremel?

When consoles can produce military simulators, strategy games like TW ect better than PC's, then an only then will i consider a console.

13. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Oh PC how you have fallen... We all knew this to be true here in the UK though. Anyone I ask what they game on I get the same reply; Xbox. Point is you don't need a PC to game on these days. If you NEEDED a PC to play the latest titles then people would buy one, but you don't.

I frequently get surprised looks when I say I game on PC. :S People just don't factor PC's into the equation any more. They see them only as dull white boxes you use to write emails on. A f****** travesty! It is the best platform going, and one you can upgrade! Bloody public so used to sealed boxes they don't even consider tweaking them. Bit-tech is a lifeline from the ill-informed masses..

14. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I laughed out loud in the middle of a class reading this

15. Fizzban

I am loathed to concur with this. I live here after all...but, well Gunsmith is sadly right. :miffed:

16. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

'merica is full of retards too, they are all over (console players that is)

17. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

Console n.
    An electronic device, similar to a computer but with underpowered hardware that can only play expensive games. Allows only for gamepads to interact with said games, even FPS.

18. feathers

feathers Minimodder

It's what we already knew. UK is a nation dominated by poorly educated console zombies.

19. Fizzban

But now the world knows!!! Before we could just pretend we didn't know them.. or push them under a train. Now it is over! Over I tell you!..*sobs*

20. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Hmmm... could the German gamer's love of the PC stem from it's being the only platform able to circumvent the German government's hilariously over bearing censorship of 'violent' media'?

Tags: Add Tags