1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals What is your favorite mouse?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by N17 dizzi, 13 Feb 2012.

1. dogknees

dogknees Minimodder

Logitech MX Air, but not if its for gaming. For a media PC it replaces a remote pretty effectively and works well as a normal mouse on the desk.

It was expensive, and the battery isn't replaceable (it actually is, but takes a bit of work and voids the warranty), but it's still going strong and holding a charge for a couple of weeks after 4 years use.

Plus it looks like a tiny spaceship landed on my desk, which can only be a good thing.

2. TheKrumpet

TheKrumpet Once more, into the breach!

I recently picked up the Logitech G500 and I'm really enjoying it so far. The shape is basically the same as the Logitech MX518 (my previous favourite mouse), really comfortable, very smooth & accurate. The scroll wheel is a little loose, but once you get used to it it's a very fine mouse.

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Trust me, a built-in Lithium-ion battery is FAR better than a AA battery.

4. Arghnews

Arghnews What's a Dremel?

Razer Krait, although sadly I can't find any anywhere ! :(

5. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Best I have used are razer deathadder, logitech g9, mx518, g5, and my new coolermaster sentinel

sent from HTC Sensation

6. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Length 119mm width 77mm height 40mm... bloody comfy for me but I have small hands. <Insert penis joke here>

I love the M60. The finished aluminum body is stunning. I haven't tried the software yet so I can't comment on that.
    I feel like applying for a job at the Corsair fanclub. Everything I have got from them is quality.

The only thing the G500 did better is the middle switch that free'd the scroll wheel. But this has a sniper button which I haven't had before, maybe I will actually try being a scout in BF3 now!

7. maestro0428

maestro0428 Master Modder

mx518. I am on my second one. Love it, but I do wish it was cordless sometimes.

8. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

G9/G9x - love the shape, feel and weight. I've been using an MX518 for the last year or so but I really miss the G9 and it'll be my next mouse when the time comes.

9. Fanatic

Fanatic Monimidder

I've just replaced my 6 year old razer diamondback after left microswitch failed and got a logi G700. Ordered some omnicron microswitches to fix the razer too in case I didn't get on with the logi but I'm growing to like it.

I have tried 5 different mice over the years but none as comfortable as the diamondback. Kone too big, lachesis just felt wrong etc. etc.

G700 is taking a bit of getting used to but is becoming more natural now. Wirefree for general use but wire it for gaming, feels a tiny bit sharper wired. Got it for 50 quid too which helps!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

10. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

My Diamondback Magma edition is still going strong, just moved to a second PC. I honestly don't know how old it is, I bought it when they had just been released.

The current one is preferable though - Razer Imperator. I had a bit of a stretch for the front thumb button on the Diamondback so being able to slide them back so my thumb sits on the divide between the two is great. Add on top of that how light it is and it's definitely my favourite.

11. ninjaplease

ninjaplease I don't know what I'm doing

I bought a gigabyte m6800, it's a piece of ish but I couldn't afford anything else at that time. One thing I will say though which may aid this thread is that today I covered it in di-noc which, for those who don't know, is a self-adhesive vinyl that looks and feels like carbon fibre. Best decision ever, it has so much more $W@G now than it used to.

12. leslie

leslie Just me!

Logitech Revolution.
    Absolutely perfect except two things, the charging contacts should have been recessed instead of dragging on a dirty mousepad and the dpi needed to be higher. Otherwise, it was the perfect mouse. I have a bluetooth version for the laptop (not the mini). :)

The G700 is also great.
    It lacks the build quality and auto scroll, but works fantastic. The replaceable battery has good and bad points, it doesn't last long (changing to a 2700mah helps), on the other hand, it's replaceable, so you never are down. Also, I don't trust the micro usb charging port to last. I think the MX Rev. had a better shape too.

The MX Performance was a cheapened MX Revolution. The build quality took a hit, the shape changed, and in heated shooting, the left mouse button would just stop working for 2 seconds.

13. Fanatic

Fanatic Monimidder

I bought 4 x Eneloop 2000mah complete with charger for 11.49 quid delivered off Amazon. Every 2 batteries I just charge them up again and keep cycling them.

My Razer Diamondback lasted 6 years till the left switch went a few weeks ago, but that has been through some serious usage in its lifetime. Great mouse.

14. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

My 'extension of my hand' Logitech G5. Not the best mouse in the world, and not without it's flaws, but I fell in love with it years ago and couldn't bring myself to change it now.

Btw dizzi, do you still have the faulty G500? Can haz? (can fix ;))

Thread related: since a lot of people are mentioning faulty mice in this thread, I'll offer my services to get your digital rodents in working order again. I just bought 100 microswitches last week for mouse repairs :)

15. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Don't suppose you could work out why buttons on mine stop working if I tighten the casing too much? It doesn't even directly contact the switches, it just stops working. (seriously. If I do the screws more than semi-tight (Not even finger tight) half the buttons stop responding. They still click and stuff, just don't do anything.)

Then again, this fault has been there for three years, and I only opened it up to fix it two years ago. Haven't needed to since. Probably not worth fixing it for the price I paid for it...

16. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

It's not that much smaller than my Sidewinder then... I may have to get one...

17. russ555

russ555 What's a Dremel?

The CM storm inferno isn't bad. When cleaning it though be careful not to use anything rough otherwise it will ruin the coating on it and make it feel all bumpy and horrible.

18. dogknees

dogknees Minimodder

Agree. I was a bit doubtful when I got it, but it's proven itself. Same with the DiNovo Edge. I still get 45-50 days on a charge.

:thumb:

19. Fantus

Fantus Nothing to see here...

Flexing the PCB and breaking a contact, maybe? That'd be my guess.

20. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

On my desktop I run a Cyborg R.A.T 3 as I found it the best ergonomically for me after trying out most of the models in my local PC World store (one of the things they can actually be useful for).

I still have an irrational love for the £6 Wireless Optical Trust mouse I got from Tesco about 5 years ago. Technically compared to my RAT it is terrible but ergonimcally it is perfect. Sadly its wirless dongle has started to play up recently so it will soon have to go :(