1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Things that make you go...ARRGGHH!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Pete J, 10 Feb 2012.

1. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Jesus you are a moron.

2. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

I'd suggest he's more than just that, based on his obsession ;)

David likes this.
  3. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

Why on Earth would a female strip club be any better? They're all same **** different day, only the gender varies. Same old bump and grind, be it male or female, and neither floats my boat.

I know a couple of lasses that do, they have no chipmunks in evidence under their arms, they just can't use the lat pulldown any more as they just pick themselves up off the ground, as do I. It's easier to use a pull up bar than try to use a pull down and have someone else hold you down as it has the same effect once you go equal to or over your own body weight.

My own pet peeves?

- Those who ask for my advice then refuse to take it (in situations where I actually do, definitely and definitively know the solution). It wouldn't be referred to as a "help line" if the purpose was to argue with the person who answers.
    - Racists. I couldn't give a flying **** if someone is black, brown, yellow, red, white, pink with neon purple polka dots, heavily tanned or melanin challenged. The universe is colour blind, why should we be any different?
    - Anyone that tries to deny my right to my own cultural identity. I'm mostly English genetically with a touch of Irish and Romany thrown in for good measure. Culturally I'm almost quintessentially English. Traditional parents, traditional family and lines that go back at least 400 years in this country. I'm proud of the fact that I was brought up with the traditional (and somewhat outmoded) English values of courtesy and chivalry. However, I'm English so it's to be expected that hoi polloi would not understand this. We have a duty to educate the savages after all :p Should you be from and wish to preserve another culture or simply have a different one then I'll fight for you to keep your heritage. If you expect me to ditch mine while doing so we have a serious problem pal.

EDIT: I forgot one - extremists of any ilk. This includes any religious fanatic, chauvinists, feminists, vegetablists and vegans. Your faith is just that - yours. Please don't expect me to believe the same, I will respect your beliefs, I simply ask that you do the same for me. Neither gender is superior unless you permit them to be (although it can be one hell of a lot of fun either way - it's a family forum so I dare say no more lest the banhammer descend with rightful prejudice) so let's drop the crap and treat each other as equals. I killed, skinned and gutted my first animal (rabbit) at 11 years old, I have no problem with an animal dying for me to live. You reckon the plant survives after you've ripped it out of the ground? We always kill or maim something to eat (did you honestly think that the plant you just ripped chunks off hasn't been harmed?) be it animal or vegetable. I'm an omnivore so doubly damned - I kill the plants and the animals (particularly deer as we wiped out the wolves so they have no natural predators left and ostrich as they never had a predator here to start with). Vegan? Oh please! I have a vegan cousin who is only so as she's allergic to pretty much the entire plant. Otherwise it's usually just another form of passive/aggressive one upmanship to lay on the rest of us who aren't "enlightened".

TL: DR - I do my thing, you do yours. Try and tell me that I'm wrong and we will have "issues" and that would probably be the only thing I truly hate.

Last edited: 16 Feb 2012
  4. immoral

immoral What's a Dremel?

There's nothing wrong with bassline,

5. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Couldn't agree more with that. However what I hate more is anyone or anything trying to force the issue and make me 'more aware' of racism or any other -ism for that matter, I know there is/are a problem/s and I'm aware that something needs to be done but I don't need it rammed down my throat at totally pointless moments. I specifically aim this at Hollywood.

Case in point - Volcano. That half-arsed disaster movie with Tommy Lee Jones. Mildly entertaining movie, lots of utterly ridiculous stuff happening, your typical disaster movie affair. right at the end though, once all is saved and done, Mr. Lee Jones is standing holding a surviving child in the falling ashes and everyone is now completely grey and the child pipes up 'Look at their faces, they all look the same.' "OH **** OFF!" was my reaction, loudly, "**** off and take your self-righteous, totally unrelated to the movie ******** with you."

I feel hippoz is missing the point with girls on the pull-up bar. When the arms are raised above the head it entices certain other body parts to previously unknown levels of perkiness. What's not to like?

I also hate splinters. *******s.

Teelzebub likes this.
  6. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

I'll not be selling the Mustang :) It's a keeper :)

Teelzebub likes this.
  7. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Fauxtographers.

David likes this.
  8. penryn 2 hertz

penryn 2 hertz I'm not a science fiction writer...

Removed - spec

Last edited by a moderator: 16 Feb 2012
  9. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

People who post things like this

David likes this.
  10. penryn 2 hertz

penryn 2 hertz I'm not a science fiction writer...

You don't know what its like like living with my neighbors with assent rubble of wall's due to loud music then play on the wii @ 2,3,4am in the morning with thunderous sounds vibrating the walls and my parents who are to scared to contact the council cause my mother has heart problems...[/quote]

11. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Big speakers, low frequency bass. Loud. 5am.

12. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Penryn 2 hertz: as I have pointed out before when I removed a nearly identical post in this very thread, this is a family forum. In this thread, people can, for now, post things which irritate or frustrate them. That does not count as an excuse to chain multiple swear words together and levy them at your neighbour because you're angry with them.

If you have enough of a problem with a noisy neighbour, I suggest you contact the council yourself anonymously.

Fow now, I'm issuing a 24 hour ban. If you do this again, the ban will be considerably longer. I suggest in the future you find more suitable words for a family forum when expressing frustration.

13. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Unfortunately, the Council or the Police can not do anything about this. He will need to contact the EA (Environmental Agency) who have the power to deal with this unsociable behaviour. :)

specofdust likes this.
  14. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

That would be the environmental officer then at your local council

15. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Not trying to rock the boat, but you do seem to be doing a lot of 'harsh' moderation Spec.

I'm not going to argue against your decisions because ultimately I respect your authority however I do think you've been a bit overzealous in cases. It's not just you, I think nexxo has also been a bit more hands on lately.

16. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Is that part of your "Things that go ARRGGHH" list? :p

C'mon, son; Penryn has been warned before. In fact everybody who has met with a ban has been warned at least once; they just decided to ignore it.

You have no idea how often I let people get away with crap. I believe in keeping a hands-off approach as much as possible because by and large a community should be able to moderate itself. But at some point boundaries have to be maintained.

17. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

people who de-rail topics :p

people who buy expensive wine/whisky/whatever and then never drink it...
    'buy-to-let'

18. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Fan screws.
    Metal filings.
    Cereal that goes soggy in the space of 10 seconds.
    Getting a bottle of milk out of the fridge, and pouring a glass to find that it isn't cold...

19. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

It's unfortunate, however we have had to be a bit more hands of recently.

20. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

People who get annoyed by people who derail topics :p

This ^^^