1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress D33P THOUGHT, ..COMPLETE..FINAL PICS+VID

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Asouter, 21 Jan 2012.

?

Hoopy or Tart3 handbag

Poll closed 16 Apr 2012.
  1. Hoopy

95.5%
  2. Tarts handbag

4.5%
  1. Kiliv

Kiliv What's a Dremel?

I think i have just fallen in love with this build and those rads! great work dude

2. Asouter

Asouter --------

Sorry Jeff, There's no way I'd put them under the bed, well not without wearing boxing gloves to sleep in LOL.

Cheers Wejjy, I can't wait to see it finished either, the sanding is getting mind numbing, but very nearly there with all the complex shapes. Update to follow.

Nahhh I don't think you should regret it, You definitely earned some Kudos from all these guys following the thread, Looking forward to your build.

3. Asouter

Asouter --------

Ohh very nearly forgot, for all you Radiator purves , Give Crappy some Kudes

Thanks

4. Asouter

Asouter --------

UPDATE 15/02/12

Ok it's been a few days since an update and apologies for the late replies to posts. Not being rude just extremely busy. Work, Build, Living and Moving house yadda yadda yadda.......

Ok I've been working on the rear towers and housing those Reservoirs, The shape differs from the front towers. This is to reduce the size of the case and also to allow the motherboard to fit. The shape will change again half way up but that's for a later update.

Here's a few pics showing the shape and how the reservoirs fit into them

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those frosted edges are working well, it's impossible to look at these things from just one angle those lines draw the eye around to the back and when you get there, you want to go back round to the front. Gets a bit dizzy after a few hours. :lol:

Here's how the overall build is shaping up, The next task is to sort out the motherboard tray but for now enjoy the pics

STAY HOOPY :cooldude:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 15 Feb 2012
    theoeyeo likes this.
  5. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

6. The_Crapman

And almost immediately another idea pops up while lookin at you pics. But don't worry, this shouldn't cost any money...
    With the frosted edges you're not gonna be able to see the gargle blaster logo very well, if at all, so you could make a strip clear where you want that on view.

Or you could tell me to shut the hell up and slap me like I'm an hystericle woman.

7. The_Crapman

he he he....DP.....he he he

Last edited: 15 Feb 2012
  8. Asouter

Asouter --------

Yeah I was thinking the same, the logo's do line up to the front of the case, I have polished inside the circles, but a strip might be the only solution. I will have to see how it "PANS" (pun intended) out.:D

9. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

TY :D

lol, I was gonna say that...

10. Asouter

Asouter --------

It's still a good spot though, it was the first thing I thought when putting together the reservoirs

11. Asouter

Asouter --------

UPDATE 18/02/12

Ok time for an update,

I'm moving house at the moment and D33P THOUGHT is going to have somewhere to live, it's not gonna survive on the floor. What I've done is I have an old marble block that I store general tat and stuff in and thought it a good idea to put a "mid" smoked top on it and use what's left of the smoked acrylic to make the M/Board tray + the top of the pc with.

I've also acquired a rather nifty marvin sign that I can use in the base
    [​IMG]

The complete base looks pretty good and will really show the build off quite nicely.
    [​IMG]

With the acrylic left over i have made the M/board tray and the top for D33P THOUGHT.
    [​IMG]

I have fitted the tray and still deciding if I'm going to cut out holes for the tubing or to use bulkhead fittings with quick release connectors, I'll get a better idea once the protective film is removed but for now I still need to drill and tap holes for the stand offs
    [​IMG]

I have also trimmed the back layers for the reservoirs, this will allow the I/O shield to be fitted, the treaded rod will be trimmed and capped off with a nut to secure the bottom plates. Once I have cleared the I/O shield I will revert back to the original shape
    [​IMG]

and for the last pics I have done a quick mock up to see just how big the build will be, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel with all that sanding and looking forward to getting stuck into the fun bits.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stay HOOPY:cooldude:

12. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

Love that table :)
    Man your mod is getting shape now, its getting better and better !

13. Charmy

Charmy What's a Dremel?

Looking goooood :rock: :clap: ;)

14. peteski

peteski long live the pc

cant wait to see this finished mate it's gona look amazing :rock: :rock: :rock:

15. NoobNeb

NoobNeb Enthusiastic Lurker

The Don't Panic sign is a really nice touch :D this project is sho aweshome :thumb:

16. Asouter

Asouter --------

Thanks Bladesingerz, I was wondering if you'd notice the m/board tray :thumb:

Cheers babe ;)

Thanks Peteski
    I can't wait to see it finished too, the case is just the start but I really need to nail that before the hardware install....it'll get there but in the mean time keep rockin :rock:

Thanksh man, The Don't Panic sign very nearly got chopped for the bits I wanted inside the case, but glad I didn't

Last edited: 19 Feb 2012
  17. wejjy

wejjy Minimodder

That looks great mate, really starting to come together, I like the style!

18. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

quick question? how did this pop into your mind??:jawdrop: looks super amazing...

19. Asouter

Asouter --------

Thanks Wejjy,
    It's difficult to keep the style, with the theme it would be very easy for it to look like a cartoon.

The reply might not be as quick, How do you try to explain how the idea for this "popped into my mind" all I can say is that there was a lot of time spent looking at other designs on here and trying to think of something original (not easy) Having said that it has given me alot of ideas for future projects, I mean the design of motherboards has changed dramatically over recent years (The ROG/ASUS boards are my fave's) and some of the styling fits very well to this type of build. I'd like to do a build that extends the cooling fins on the ASUS boards to the outside of the case.....I found on my Rampage 3 that the fins as beautiful as they are kinda got swallowed up by other hardware and the feature was lost. It very nearly broke my heart to take the chipset heatsink off to install the waterblock. I'm waffling now but I would say that alot of waterblocks are pretty flat, I'd like to see them with fins much like the heatsink on the asus board. :eyebrow:

Oh thanks for the compliment btw :thumb:

20. The_Crapman

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! :miffed::miffed::miffed:
    Jealous just doesn't cover it.:nono: everyone else may as well stop doing any big projects as MOTY is over already ;)