1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New BF3 server - community funded.

Discussion in 'Game Server' started by Rogan, 15 Feb 2012.

1. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

First it ties using PunkBuster and client IP addresses, so should be fine.

2. Comfyasabadger

Comfyasabadger What's a Dremel?

That's Awesome.
    Just need an overlay if your new like myself to see who's speaking.

3. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

It's a new server install so you will have to re-register anyway. And I'm not sure on that one.

It might just look for similar names.

I'll find out for you.

4. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Is funding still needed? I think I can drop £15 today :) though have never sent a payment via paypal like that before. Do I need to have funds in my paypal account or can I transfer direct from bank?

5. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

It's all paid up for 6 months now. And we still have the 32 player running as well. No need for further monies. :D

What are the thoughts on automatically dropping people in squads?

6. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

This is awesome! Looking forward to seeing this in action :thumb:

7. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

You've missed out this time, but it is easy. Was my first time and card transfer cost me ~ 71p for the privilege. Bank money might take a few days to appear in your paypal balance.

Ah for the cross team speaking, I'm going to have 3 Function buttons set for Team 1, Team 2 and the Root channels, that have shout to subchannels checked

so F8 shout to All, F9 to US and F12 to RU.

[​IMG]

Votick, seeing as you're testing try the chat commands “@sl on” and “@sl off”. These are supposed to set a you into the Squad Leader group. Maybe there is a way :D

8. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

there's a plugin for that :thumb:

and it's enabled at the moment, called Squad Enforcer.

i would prefer only in teams, i doubt there will ever be enough people on mumble to require different squads..... :worried:

9. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Just jumped on to make sure it worked my end. Moved me into Team 1 for Alpha as it should and then moved me out of Team 1 when I left. I also shot Votick a couple of times xD

10. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

I was just thinking in the server tbh. not mumble. I like to see a nice server packed with squads is all.

Also the alternate maplistb(more mode I guess) for when the server is filling?

small conquest maps / tdm
    conquest large

8 players in a conquest large map is kinda tedious... =(

What's the milage on those plugsins that change the actual server size? Gimick for admins or goldmine on the server search (i always have 1-5 free spaces ticked)

11. wyx087

same here, although always 5-10 ticked. perhaps it's worth looking into? it's also a must for mixing TDM on 64 player server though, 32 vs 32 on TDM sized map won't be pretty.

i would favour smaller CQLarge rather and not using CQsmall at all. not sure about you, i've never gone into a single CQsmall game. if i want close quarter game, i'd just join city maps.

Squad enforcer plugin on Procon i was on about earlier is for the game server. :thumb:

12. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Squad rush would be my preference for up to 10v10 or so.

The problem with conquest seems to be there's no real infantry game until you are 20v20 and the ratio of vehicles to squads gets better. How about conquest instead of conquest large. Isn't the difference the available vehicles anway? Flags are unchanged afaik.

13. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

That's why I like my keyboard (think its the G510), the LCD shows who is currently talking on mumble.

14. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

I prefer cq large.

15. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

CQ small isn't all that bad. It's not just close quarters like you think Wyx, it's just a reduction in the number of flags.

So for example in Caspian Border it's only flags B, C and D (Checkpoint, Forest and Hilltop). It just gets rid of all the peripheral action so the action's focused in the centre (which usually happens in CQ large anyway). Personally I think it works quite well for smaller numbers.

16. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

TeamSync seems to be working well! Pretty awesome - might be worth putting 'TeamSync enabled' in the server name, as randomers are more likely to join the mumble. Could also advertise the Mumble IP:/port every 2 mins or so in chat.

Last edited: 21 Feb 2012
  17. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

It advertises it every 10mins in-game. :)

Also I set up map rotations by how many players are on to avoid playing large conquest with 5 players.
    But I will be changing it again tonight to get a better balance.

wyx087 likes this.
  18. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Was TeamSync active last night? When I logged onto the Mumble server I just popped into whatever channel had the most users but didn't notice it moving me into a squad channel when I joined the squad? Or did I not hang around long enough to see it in action?

19. Comfyasabadger

Comfyasabadger What's a Dremel?

You probably logged into the General Channel. I think the team sync is only looking at Lobby?

20. wyx087

you need to be in CPC BF3 channel. the channel where "Team 1" and "Team 2" are located.