1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Guild Wars 2 - Beta Signups

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by vdbswong, 22 Feb 2012.

1. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

I know quite a few people were interested in this.

They've just started Applications for Closed Beta testing, with players being selected on their needs.

https://beta.guildwars2.com/

There's a lot of info that's been released recently due to the Press Beta (the weekend just gone) and most if not all of it is positive (no surprise there though really).

I'm still not completely swayed by the lack of the Trinity system, but it did pique my curiousity that apparently positioning in engagements plays a part.

2. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Signing up now. Hope they remember me...

3. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

Just signed up.

4. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Signed up havent play Guild Wars in ages, since I got Battlefield 3. Pretty sure I'm due Birthday gifts lol need to download and install the game again. Might do that now come to think of it.

5. Starlance

Starlance What's a Dremel?

Got mine in yesterday, gawd im just glad i know its going to be sometime this year.

6. ZxH800

ZxH800 What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the heads up! I signed up yesterday, I wonder what criteria they are using to pick the testers. I remember playing the Guild Wars beta when I was a wee lad.

7. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

They might pick a broad spectrum of computer specifications seeing as we sent them our system details.

Low-High to Ultra...that way they can test the game better. And or get Driver updates for GPU's in place for the game too.

8. TraumaticHug

TraumaticHug What's a Dremel?

I signed up last night.. I don't understand why I'm so psyched for this game. It took me about 3 -4 years to finish Guild Wars (Prophecies) despite being one of the first to buy it, and I only got to level 12 in WoW before getting bored of the lack of story.

I've been playing Guild Wars: Eye of the North again recently trying to get Hall of Monument points so I can get a flaming sword for Guild Wars 2, but it just takes so damn long to get even 1.

9. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I played for four months with a guild. Got Prophecies, EoTN and the others completed. Also did titles. Completed normal mode quests though i am missing one with bonus as its hard to do on your own. Lots of vanquishes done too. Still need to do many others but gave up when BF3 came along. Haven't played in months!

10. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Alright, signed up for this. But if I get in can I tear myself away from BF3 to even play it? Time will tell... lol

11. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

It's going to be even more imersive than World of W###craft!! Underwater sections and much more!

12. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I never played the first one, but I know people who enjoyed it. As such I've signed up to the beta too.

Orca: Tell BF3 that MW3 is a better game, and I'm sure it'll throw a fit for enough time for you to try GW2. When you've finished with GW2, go back to BF3 and tell it you were lying and you want to make sweet love to it :)

13. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

:lol:

Guild Wars 2 is going to have months of gameplay. Depends on who you play with, I'm hoping to pick it up upon release and join my old guild again. Though this depends on BF3 and whether I am working xD

14. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

No you dont. You belong to us now. MDRocks.

15. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

I never played the first one because it wasn't a true MMO. This one is a whole new ballgame though. Can't wait.

16. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Fuss I may or may not split my time accross the various games I have, GW2 might be one of them xD

Not a true MMO? What do you mean by that? It does something different compared WoW. The inclusion of Heroes which you can customise with different skills. And various upgrades. Allowing you to play the game how you see fit.

I have played through the game with Heroes and with real people and whilst playing with real people is mucyh better the Heroes aspect is great. Get them setup for the task at hand you can do any quest/mission that comes in your way.

Today I vanquished a location in Prophecies. Now this means I cleared all enemies within the world map. Guild Wars does things differently to seperate itself from other MMO's.

Oh and to mention that it's free to play.

17. rogerrabbits

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/608/608675p1.html

Basically it's more just a multiplayer game, unlike the traditional MMO's which could potentially have thousands of people in the same area and a proper world which is also persistant etc. Even WoW is a bit of a modern twist in that it is so heavily instanced. It's still an MMO, but it's not what I would call a 'proper world' for want of a better expression.

GW2 is different though. I think they didn't like the first game being dismissed by people for not being a 'proper MMO', so the sequel pretty much is. In fact the sequel seems to be more high tech than anything else I've seen.

18. niro

niro What's a Dremel?

When do you guys think the the game itself will be released? Someone told me it will be around October/November, but if open beta is starting now then wouldnt that indicate the game will be released around may/june?

Reason I ask is that Tera is being released in 2 months, and if GW2 is being released around same time, then I wont buy Tera

19. rogerrabbits

I heard it opens a big public beta March and game is likely to release April/May. It's already been in beta for a long time, with internal testing and press beta etc. So I think it's almost done.

20. Domestic_ginger

Domestic_ginger What's a Dremel?

Been waiting something like three years now. Excitement has worn off for me; I wouldn't hold your breath that its going to be anytime soon.