1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP / Vita PlayStation Vita

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Orca, 24 Feb 2012.

1. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

So did anyone pick one up this week?

I would like one, but I don't need one. As much as I'd like to play Uncharted, Wipeout and Lumines I'm happy to wait until more titles like Gravity Rush and LittleBigPlanet are available.

2. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

I played it in Game not so long ago, and it just didn't interest me...It was boring, but I think it was just because I played some crappy release day game (Can't remember what it was..)

I think I'm more of a Nintendo fanboy though...But opinions will be opinions...

3. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

I'm very tempted but I think I'll wait until they cut the price when it doesn't sell as well as they hoped.

The memory card prices are utter bollocks though, but you don't have a choice since there's no built-in storage, gg Sony.

4. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

They did this with the PSP as well. It works, people will pay for them. And it's not much different to Microsoft with the 360.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

5. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I'll pick one up if they decide to turn it into a phone as well.

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Well concidering that Sony now own the whole of Sony Ericsson then I dont doubt that a PSP Phone will show up.

I wont be buying one, I own a PC and don't really care for gaming on the move. I will just build a LAN Box if I ever choose to play games other than at home!

7. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I wonder if anywhere would take a practically brand new 3DS as p/x?

8. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Well I guess there was the Xperia Play but I imagine there will be an Xperia Vita or something.

Likewise, I don't game that much out and about, I have a PSP I use a bit in the summer and that's about it. I'd consider a phone/vita hybrid solely because then I'd sell on the PSP (which I may do in any case).

For the price I just don't have the need for another handheld console, I have a PS3 and PC and find it difficult to find time to use them both TBH.

9. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

HMV will give you £100 for a boxed/complete 3DS, plus an extra £10 if you're trading against a Vita. Offer lasts until the 29th, I think.

I picked one up yesterday. With the preorder bonus pack (essentially gets you Super Stardust HD for £1.70), free Wipeout 2048 with the 3G version, and seriously cheap Motorstorm RC, not to mention the copy of Uncharted I got bundled with my console, I've never seen such a compelling day one launch lineup. I traded in my 3DS - by the time I'll want to play that again, Nintendo will have released a redesigned one anyway.

10. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

11. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Ah yeah Super Stardust HD would be another title I'd get as well. Enjoying the Vita much Fod?

12. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I bought the original PSP on launch and had fun with it over the years but felt I could've used it more.

I spotted them in Tesco's for £250 for the 3G version plus a free game. I was tempted but then realised I'd more than likely never play on it. Having said that, if Wipeout had been one of the free games I may have gone ahead.

I've got to say, the prices I'm seeing are very reasonable. I think I remember paying something like £350 for my PSP!

Teelzebub and JBond like this.
  13. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

Yep. It's a very well engineered console, and a fantastically orchestrated launch. Well done Sony. It's just a shame this might well be the last hurrah of dedicated portable consoles.

14. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I'm very tempted, it looks a like a quality bit of kit, I went into game to have a play on one but they had no demo units so walked out, probably for the best as I just got paid and am very impulsive :D

I'll see how the games are over the next few months, might bite when I next go on holiday.

Though as others have said I'd rather it was a bit PSPGo ? phone style thing like my xperia Play as this is an awesome bit of kit crying out for someone to properly support it.

Biggest problem I can see with the Vita is the memory cards, too small and too expensive, my play has 32Gb and zero space due to games etc. I don't even seriously use it for games, some are just really large. Don't want to be uninstalling thing to put other stuff on.

Last edited: 25 Feb 2012
  15. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

I picked up a WiFi model (I'll just use my iPhone+tethering if I need on the move access) on launch day, and it's a really great handheld. High quality unit itself, OLED screen is downright gorgeous, and specs are pretty good. There's been some rage on the internet about how Uncharted runs at sub-native resolution and hence looks "horrible", but for a portable system I'm very impressed - it looks like the original Uncharted on the PS3.

Game-wise, I've got Uncharted, Lumines, Stardust, Wipeout, Katamari and Rayman. I splurged on an import US 32GB memory card, which means I won't need another any time soon - it was pretty expensive compared to SD or similar though.

Far better than the 3DS in my opinion, well worth the purchase. Amazon have the base unit for £197 now.

16. rollo

rollo Modder

i brought one

got uncharted wipeout lumings and stardust hd

and got a 16gb mem card

amazon has the best deal

got the wifi only modle will use my phone to teather if need be

17. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

I played around with one at Target the other day. It's a neat little device. Felt just right weight wise and the graphics seemed pretty decent. I won't be buying one though. Dedicated portable gaming isn't my cup of tea anymore. My last handheld was the DS Lite and it collected dust, even being left at home during trips. Not to mention the price tag. Even if I could, I can't, and won't support a costly handheld when I'd rather be purchasing console games, and there is some decent gaming to be had on my Android for only a couple of dollars a title if I absolutely have to.

18. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Hard to justify.

19. rollo

rollo Modder

Having used it for a week

Remote play is one nice feature been using it when bored at work seems pretty flawless

Wipeout uncharted and lumines are awesome stardust still as addictive as ever

Will update again at a later date