1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project Alessandro 250: I'm Back- But Not For Long- PSU Sleeving Finished. 03/04/12

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by KidMod-Southpaw, 17 Feb 2012.

1. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

That's right, I've redone one of the joins due to popular demand. :D I'll have pictures later.
    I also received a few modding goodies today, and I have a Ferrari badge! More to come soon. :thumb:

2. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Wow, didn't expect you to :D worth doing I think mate, :) was you able to straighten it out to re do it or did you have to use more strip?.

3. KidMod-Southpaw

Had to try a few more strips, but it's holding now, and that's the important thing!

4. KidMod-Southpaw

We Have A Ferrari Logo! And Other Goodies!

Ok guys, it's been a very frustrating evening, and I'm tired, so I'll be quick.
    I just said I was working on the chrome, that took me the best part of 2 hours, and the ******* won't stick no matter what I've tried. I had it before (as I said to Wayne) but it just a few minutes ago sprung off again. So sod that piece! I think it looks better with just the one anyway, so, on with the show:

[​IMG]
    What do we have here? A little bag from Scan and my stuff from Chilled PC.

[​IMG]
    So from Scan, we have a 20 pack of silicon fan mounts and a 2 way fan cable (the actual fans were out of stock. :D

[​IMG]
    And from Chilled PC, I have myself a fresh supply of various heatshrink and some 4mm black sleeve!

[​IMG]
    But what you all really came here for was the silver horse of the Ferrari! Lets see it on the case:

[​IMG]

So what do you guys think then? Looks good with the chrome trim in comparison to the front grill of the GTO.
    That will be it until tomorrow, I'm horribly tired, and have a LOT of sleeving to do tomorrow. :waah:

5. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

The last shot is a gooden :) trim looks the same though so I'll just pretend the corner join isn't there & it looks awesome. :lol:

Don't neglect rest though mate, done an awful lot of that & it makes everyone cranky going short of rest, I've been recharging myself the past few days & now up to spring into action again. :D

6. KidMod-Southpaw

Cheers Wayne. As I said, I was fixing the other join because that one was worse, and I described what happened- so SOD IT! :lol:
    I may come back to that one, but I do not want to risk not being able to get that one back either.

7. Kiliv

Kiliv What's a Dremel?

Looking good mate, I was sceptical at first but im loving it now

8. KidMod-Southpaw

Great! There's more to come- cheers mate!

9. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

Nice. GJ,mate. ;)

10. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Unless you got the spare material leave it mate, it'll only gut you if it goes wrong & then there will just be less chrome on it & we don't want that :nono: it does look good. :)

11. Asouter

Asouter --------

Looking good, Looks like the radiator grill of the front end of the car, waiting for the headlights to be fitted. I agree withWayne if it did go the way of the pear you'd be gutted. If it still niggles, you can always come back to it when you have more material. Enjoying watching your project.:thumb:

12. KidMod-Southpaw

Thanks mate!
    I've got some left, and have decided to do it again later on, the right way. ;)
    Cheers mate! As I said to Wayne, there's some left, so I'll come back to it later on, for now, I'm ok with it. ;)

13. xSoMBrAx

xSoMBrAx Minimodder

Cavallino rampante!
    Great little details ;)

I will try to keep an eye on your build but been quite busy with work plus my own planification :)

14. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Nice mod Kidmeta.

Now, just get that Ferrari clock... :hehe:

15. KidMod-Southpaw

Thanks so much, I'd try to mod myself, but I've been busy keeping an eye on your's. :D :p
    Cheers Blazz. And yeah, I'll get the clock to go with it, but you can pay. ;)

16. KidMod-Southpaw

Yes guys, this will be the fastest picture update I've done. So today, I've only managed to sleeve the SATA power cable and try my hand at Paracord. This came out ok- the actual sleeving is nice, it's my heatshrink that gets it. :)
    Anyway, on with the show:

[​IMG]
    I'll cut right to it, that's one out of five done!

[​IMG]
    And there we go, all done!

Now then, I'll be doing the rest soon once I get my hands on an ATX pin removal tool (I lost mine!) and then it will be much better.
    As for that chrome trim, I'll be redoing it, most likely Saturday! So that should be better if we get it right...
    Sadly though, I'm back at school on Monday, so work is going to slow down a fair bit.

See you soon (I hope :eeek:), KidMod. :thumb:

Edit: I also suffered burns to my thumb.

Last edited: 25 Feb 2012
  17. craig - toyoracer

craig - toyoracer Minimodder

Looking good KidMod, love that stallion. :D

Good luck with that trim, if it get's to short just add a piece, Mitre the cuts will look almost seamless. :)

18. KidMod-Southpaw

That's what we'll be doing, making a template of the grill, mitre the cuts, keep it in place and heat the plastic so the bend stays. :)

And yeah, I love the horse! Cheers mate. :)

19. KidMod-Southpaw

Ok, my thumb is really starting to hurt! :waah:

20. craig - toyoracer

craig - toyoracer Minimodder

Is this from pulling your wire, hummm sleeve to hard. ?

You can try these methods of relief. : suck it. put under cold water, hit your other thumb with hammer so you won't think of the burned one. :D :D

Yes glad to help.