1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming The Games of 2012

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 12 Jan 2012.

1. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

More to the point is why some of them are considered sequels. Prey 2, Far Cry 3, Max Payne 3 seem just to be cashing in on the name rather than being an extension of the series.

2. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Do you really have any faith left that EA will not f**k up C&C even worse than they have already done?
    In other words, C&C Generals II has about a 0.00001% chance to be worth the 0.99£ or so it will be sold for in the Steam Christmas sale in 2015.

3. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Looking forward to most of those & some others not mentioned especially prey 2 :D loved the first prey & is obvious where portal got ideas from but arrrrrgh I have a wicked backlog of awesome games to play through which just keeps getting bigger because of good prices & being a bargain hunter :D so I just decided I'll take a break whenever I have progressed a bit to complete a game but not including awesome & epicly large games like skyrim & the witcher 2 :D they'll have to get played through a bit at a time :).

Could call that my new year res, mod & game rather than mostly mod :D.

Only the most amazing games manage to pull me away from creating or living a fuller life & Hitman Absolution will be 1 of those, I loved at the end of the last hitman game how you could just let the credits roll & let it end or get up & have a massive shootout :D but can't remember how it was you got up, think you were given something to fake being dead & you get given something to bring you back & break away so had to do something to make it happen so it left an opening for another game in the series thank goodness it's 1 of the best game franchises out there IMO I found out by accident with the heart beat in the music :D.

I'm hoping the new tomb raider is awesome & eclipses the newer uncharted series but I won't hold my breath :D.

So is the new GTA but looks set for release in December so won't be until next year some time on PC I expect unless they follow saints row's excellent example of releasing at the same time, hope they do, it ruins the excitement too much when delayed for too long like rockstar do, I'm going to ignore it completely this time until it's out on PC, for multiplayer co op I always liked the idea of Aliens colonial marines left4dead in the land of alien sounds very good to me :D.

If valve do another left4dead I hope they make it better than the first one ignoring the 2nd one, the one which took a lot of time & effort to make it a classic I didn't grow to like the 2nd one too much it was good but endless hordes & rush sequences & getting tired when swinging your weapon to clear space wrecked it for me & stopped me from playing, personally I'd rather they make a half life 3 :rock: or something new & totally awesome, portal series is brilliant :) it looks clean, is clever & something nice & different.

:hehe: I think the same :thumb:.

4. cebla

cebla What's a Dremel?

Sad to here they are adding quicktime events to Max Payne. Seriously does anyone actually likek quick time events?

5. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

O nooooooooo, I hate quicktime events in otherwise awesome action games, only games I've played which quicktime events where they are a fundamental part of the game which worked really well was indigo prophecy & heavy rain, all the others it adds a piece of garbage to a good game.

Only way I could like quicktime events in a game would be if it was only used in cutscenes to influence the story progression, not in game bits suddenly switching I hate that.

6. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Mass Effect 3 is the only game I'm really looking forward too. Plus I already have it pre-ordered

7. DesertFox

DesertFox What's a Dremel?

Hopefully! We've all been waiting ages for it now!

8. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Have you seen their latest video? They posted it on Facebook lastnight, it looks very well polished!

9. PingCrosby

PingCrosby What's a Dremel?

I'm looking forward to my tea, its beans on toast.

10. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

What I'd like would be a D3D frontend to the original Tomb Raider. Pretty sure it won't come in 2012 or ever, though. Diablo 3 sounded interesting until ActiBlizz did you know what. And I'm really not too keen on Rockstar manhandling Max Payne.

Man, I sound bitter... :)

11. MaXimiZe_89

MaXimiZe_89 What's a Dremel?

12. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

Diablo 3 (if it comes out this year)

and... Kingdoms Of Amalur. Only just heard about this one after watching a documentary on gaming. Had a brief interview with R. A. Salvatore about his involvement in the project. As a major fan of his books, I'm looking to give the game a shot.

13. theskirrid

theskirrid What's a Dremel?

Waiting on:-

Legend of Grimrock
    Torchlight II
    Metro: Last Light
    Aliens: Colonial Marines [Please oh mighty noodly FSM make this not suck]
    Borderlands 2

14. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

Mass Effect 3
    Torchlight II
    Borderlands 2

now, just need to finish playing the other 1239478485 games that I bought over Christmas :p

15. l3v1ck

l3v1ck Fueling the world, one oil well at a time.

Far Cry 3.
    I'm really looking forward to that one (assuming it'll run on my laptop).

16. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Diablo 3 until I played the closed beta. Not interested in the slightest.

Borderlands 2.

17. RedManc

RedManc What's a Dremel?

In all honestly those games look ok but the only game im genuinely looking forward to will be Planetside 2, the true original MMOFPS reborn on a great scale. 1000 vs 1000 vs 1000 / map anyone ?

Beta is not expected to be too far away so hopefully we'll get some good news soon.

www.planetside-universe.com www.planetside2.com :)

18. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

1000 vs 1000 vs 1000 Holy freaking moly :eeek::D:rock: looks good also. :)

How crazy would that be :lol:

Now that's an ambitious game.

Tags: Add Tags