1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New BF3 server - community funded.

Discussion in 'Game Server' started by Rogan, 15 Feb 2012.

1. Lassar

Lassar Lean Mean Fighting Machine !

Agree with Draca about the balance for B2K maps. However the ability to play them on the server would be good ?!?!?! We only seem to be able to vote on the same old Vanilla maps. Lets get some Karkand in there and some other modes? Drop Tehran Highway please ! Have I still got ProCon access?

2. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Yeah dropping Tehran might be a good idea due to its unpopularity. Regarding Procon, I think it's only Votick, Wyx and Rogan for now and donaters have in-game admin.

3. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

All the B2K maps are 64 player..... you must be playing on Xbox!

They should definitely be in there, they are IMHO the best maps to play on!

4. Lassar

I dont doubt they're in there however there is no option to vote for them. Generally the options are.

Metro, Caspian, Seine, Tehran, Kharg.

There are no options to vote for B2K maps.

5. Lassar

Hear you there about the admins however are they ('with the greatest of respect') gonna grace us with their presence? Same old faces on each night attempting to get a name for our shiny new server.

6. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

you called? :D

i've only helped set it up. im not an admin anymore. playing singleplayer games now :D or some BFBC2 since recon class in that actually makes sense.

7. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Seems I'll have to get my Tehran kicks elsewhere! Why don't people like it?

8. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Worth starting a thread to find out the real reason why people leave? Then we can address the issues. Obv, people leave because of sleep, food, other commitments etc. but maybe listing out the in game problems: Unbalanced teams, map changes, mode changes, abuse, spawn raping, hacks etc?

9. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Server seems pretty busy at the moment! What did we do lol? Or has word got out now that our server is awesome :p

10. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Yeah I've been watching, saw it at 61 players a little while ago. Still getting a high turnover, especially at end of round when the rats do one and the live balancer goes mad. Might be worth a try just using the end of round balancer and living with having deserters at the 11th. Edit - That is if it exacerbates the issue.

Op Metro: "josiso - ****ing rpg & m320 lammers - 2012-02-29 14:01:41 - Global"

Last edited: 29 Feb 2012
  11. nchhabs

I started seeding it at around 11am this morning and somehow a bunch of people joined and we had some hilarious games with the server almost maxed for multiple rounds. Great fun! The adaptive server size seems to be working well.

12. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

Perhapas Metro should be the first map in rotation followed by a b2k map, a bf3 map and so on.

Metro
    Karkand
    Seine
    Metro
    Wake Island
    Bazaar
    Metro
    Sharqi
    Canals

13. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Surely the use of our votemap plugin renders a map order redundant? I like the selection though, could use a bit of Gulf of Oman too ^^

Also, woah full house at the moment. Let's hope it stays that way :D

14. wyx087

a maplist like that would only play these:

Metro
    Karkand
    Seine

BF3 has a bug where any repeated map would make it go back to first instance in its map list.

so vote for metro using the votemap plugin :thumb:

15. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Nice to see the server full but here comes the 1st complaint...

Full team + 2 locked squads with only 2 folk in them = sadface, I can't join a squad! Is there a plugin to get round this?

Also, is there a way to donate other than paypal? I hate them but I'm more than happy to pay for the server since I'll be in it most of the time. Not bothered about having a say in things, I'm sure you know what you're doing.

EDIT: Great, kicked for being inactive and I'm back in a queue, better then being empty though. :thumb:

16. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Locked Squads is either on purpose or by mistake or the BF3 Squad Locking bug that happens every so often. Nothing we can do about it. I'm sure some players may be kicked to accomadate regs and those that donated.

That depending on the admins and how long you wait in queue!

17. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

Ok we can please please please get rid of fast vehicle spawn? I feel like the original game was balanced without it for a reason. If you manage to destroy a vehicle you've earned a respite from having to deal with it and should be able to move onto other things like capping.

We had a ridiculous time on Seine on Sunday when we'd capped a but the enemy's lav kept harassing us. Every time we took it down or spawned and was back on us within 15 allowing my squad to do little else.

Also as a jet pilot I want to be able to take out the ground forces and actually help my team to win. However at the moment I find even if I manage to take out both enemy jets, if I start trying to concentrate on anything else I usually get a new jet on my tail 10 seconds later who'll shoot me down from behind. It makes flying against jets and an lav impossible as you rarely have enough time to concentrate on the lav.

Sorry if this sounds like a bit of a rant but this really frustrates me in any server and usually ends up with me removing it from my favourites.

18. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

I always thought we were keeping the admins from the old server?

Can we keep the admins from the old server.

19. wyx087

just had a look at the plugins, you've enabled Insane Balancer's live-balancing feature, so True Balancer is redundant. everything else looks good :thumb:

is there a way to cut down server's use of chat box? i know in BFBC2 days, some people didn't like constant stream of server messages. they'll turn off chatbox, which is counter-productive for teamwork.

regarding Telltale's comment:
    personally, i favour vanilla Battlefield, so i would run server with 100% tickets and all stock setting. but that's just my person opinion, and i've not been on the server at all......

re Rogan:
    currently, Admins are those on the first page of this thread except Fludic. but i thought it's anyone who've donated above a certain amount get kick/ban privileges?

that status website on page 9 is awesome. just seen Draca having trouble kicking a cheater, then the kill-rate checker plugin came in and kicked the cheater.

20. nchhabs

Yeah really irritating, ban isn't working for me.