1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other The airsoft thread!

Discussion in 'General' started by crazyg1zm0, 30 Oct 2008.

1. Canon

Canon Reformed

It's the novelty of full auto more than anything. It's a giggle in cramped spaces when you are surprised by someone and 'accidentally' unload a mag in their chest. Triggle control is for sissies ;)

2. Christof_II

Christof_II SNAAAAAAAKE!!!

fully automatic fire at point black range is always fun :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

3. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

No suggestions for near- or in London? Pleeeeease?

4. Canon

Canon Reformed

5. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

Oooooh the airsoft thread is back...

You forgot to point out that once you get bitten by the bug, it's pretty much an infinate cost :p

Gas for the win - no need to cock for every shot, but they do need to be maintained - lubed up and cleaned ETC

General advice - a metal pistol isn't always the best bet. In the winter a plastic one is less vunerable to 'cooldown', so it won't vent gas everywhere. Personally I'd recommend the Tokyo Marui 1911 - very customisable, and generally a good shooter all year round.

But if you absolutely must get a metal one, get the KJW 1911 - it's basically a clone of the Marui 1911. Build quality is so-so, but you can use CO2 magazines in it, which should help for the winter.

Avoid WE 1911 pistols like the plague. They feel nice to begin with but it's really not worth it for the problems they have.

6. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Ahhhh, I really should get involved in this, after Christmas I may start looking up for some sites..

7. identikit

identikit Minimodder

I think I've asked before about this but what's the legal issues involved with selling airsoft guns secondhand?

8. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

It's the same as any other sale of RIFs (assuming they are) - you have to ensure that the person buying has a suitable and reasonable defence to purchase said RIF (so airsoft skirmisher (doesn't have to be UKARA, but is often easiest to check), film/re-enactment with appropriate permissions).

As mentioned before, the sales of RIFs is illegal (unless the buyer has one of those defences), so the onus is on the seller to make sure that the buyer is entitled to the purchase, not the other way round (though how it would be interpreted in a court of law is anyone's guess, as there's no precedent yet set).

9. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Given that the buyer doesn't have or need a defence and the seller is the one with the defence (due to them being the one committing the offence) I can't see how a court could interpret it in any other way than the onus being on the seller.

10. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

No, but you never know how it might swing. There may well be punishment levelled at both.

11. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

I suppose that could be the case but I can't possibly see how. In order to recieve a punishment from the Court surely you'd have to be found guilty of committing an offence but unless you've bought an airsoft gun while under 18 there's no offences in the VCRA for purchasing. The only way I can see the buyer being in trouble in the Court would be if they'd broken some other law during the course of the purchase.

12. Christof_II

does anybody know how one would go about renewing my UKARA reg? i had one years ago though FFZ but it lapsed since i moved to deepest darkest Aberdeenshire. I emailed them regarding renewal and John implied that i would have to register again. would that not mean that i would recieve i different UKARA number or is the site membership and the UKARA seperate? i can't remember anymore because it has been 4 years or so...

anyone able to shed some light on this for me?

13. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

If you renew through a different site then you'll have a different number as it's your site membership number that's recorded on UKARA's database. You need to go through the 3 games in over two months process again just like you did first time. If you've already met that requirement at your local site tho you should just be able to print out and fill in a UKARA form and get the site to sign/stamp it for you.

Christof_II likes this.
  14. Christof_II

ok thanks, that's what i thought. don't see that happneing any time soon but it's good to know where i stand, cheers

15. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Does anyone in this thread live, work, visit or shoot anywhere REMOTELY near London? I'm at University and can't currently skirmish, so I can't get my registration. However, I've managed to get an order for a limited-edition Inokatsu pistol that I don't want to lose. What I would like is to borrow one of you UKARA-types until I'm registered; I'll pay for and order the gun, and have it delivered to you, and then pay you to keep it until I have my registration completed, a bit like some shops hold guns for unregistered customers and take them to skirmishes for them.

It would help if you're near London so I can pick the gun up when I'm all done, and of course I'm willing to pay for your shelf-space. Is anyone interested?

16. Canon

Canon Reformed

Have you tried Zero-in forums for this? Lots and lots of mainland and london based players there that should be able to help you, I would offer to do this for you and ship it, although there's a small chance of it being stopped even for internal postage I doubt you'd want even the slightest risk.

Seeing as the thread has been revived, got to test out my new mask (of many many many masks) at the end of last month, something a little different for me, and my fagpul'd AR15, now upgraded and waiting for pickup. Got new Clawgear SOCOM waiting for a game on the 31st too.

[​IMG]

17. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Hi Guys (and girls??),

Maybe you guys can point me in the right direction.

Introduction
    I play paintball about 10 times a year in a club. I think I understand why people play airsoft, I went with paintball myself as it's bigger where I live and the paint makes it very fun.

I also shoot (real) IPSC with an STI pistol (train about twice a month and compete in Belgian and European competitions). My best results was 10th in a Dutch-Belgian competition. I also own a revolver for Pin-shooting and a .22lr semi-automac rifle for a lazy range day.

That .22lr only gets out of my safe about twice a year.. my time is really focused on IPSC and sometimes I use the revolver for a fun/pin shoot because I love it so much. Still, I've been craving for a short barrel AR15 (the M4, you could say) for some time now. The problem is, I probably will shoot it as often as my .22lt.. close to never.. and I would need to go to another range as my range only allows pistol cartridges and if I would get a real AR15, It would need to be in .223. Also, I'm not looking forward to all the paperwork and the waiting for a license. Last reason: they are expensive to get over here..

Sooo... I'm hoping that a hyper-realistic airsoft replica would quence my thirst.

Actual question
    Who makes the most realistic AR15 airsoft replica?

So metal what should be metal.. heavy.. I don't care much for the quality of internal airsoft components, type of motor, battery, capacity, range or accuracy. Don't mean to offend anybody, again I understand your sport, I just don't need this to play airsoft, only to keep me from getting a real AR15.

And, where can I get it?

Thanks and sorry for the long post.

18. Canon

Canon Reformed

Regarding realistic AR15s, here's some brand names to consider (remember based entirely on external realism and function)

Classic Army ( a range of AR15s available their most recent full metal variations are quite good)
    G&P (again a range, more expensive and will charge you a premium for every little extra)
    VFC (not as much variety but very solid construction and good feel)

Systema (The PTWs, expensive, not my cup of tea, but for realism I guess it's pretty close)

TM - Nope.

Sorry TM lovers but I've found with all my TM RIFs they've been externally poor, creaky plastics, cheap screws and bolts, thin material all round, always found myself replacing the outers with G&P or other stuff.

19. Christof_II

if you want it to stop you from getting a real AR15 type rifle then i think you would be better of looking at a GBBR rather than any AEG...
    they replicate the functionality of the "real steel" almost exactly. I couldn't recommend any manufacturers however as i don't know what's good in this area...

EDIT -

also, good to see that this thread is back, does anyone want to bet on how long it lasts this time??

20. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

For a collector I agree, TM isn't the best bet. My DBoys M4 CQB feels and looks better than the Marui equivilant.

For skirmishing however, I find the internals utterly bulletproof. I run three of my TM rifles on a regular basis and none have skipped a beat. One of my MP5s has had well in excess of 100,000 rounds go through it and it only needs a new spring and probably some work on the compression parts. (last chrono was 210fps IIRC).

As for pistols, again all of mine have taken a hammering - all running beautifully still.

Just as a side point, the 210fps MP5 is my urban backup gun. My regular MP5 is running around 320fps, with a fairly nice (although unmeasured) ROF.

TLDR - TM guns aren't for wallhanging. The externals are a tad naff to say the least. However as a basic skirmishing weapon that will be reliable, you can't go wrong IMHO. I just thought I'd mention it in case someone wanting to skirmish saw the thread and was put off TM.

As for realim on the externals I'd say Ares if you're a little short on cash, or Systema if you have a fair chunk of spare cash.

For a GBB (Gas) M4 the only real choices are KJW or WE IIRC