1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware NZXT Switch 810 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 7 Mar 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Again, with the radiators! :D

I really am enjoying some of the changes at bit-tech. :thumb:

As far as the case goes, I was thinking the same thing. Why bother, when you can have the Elysium?

3. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I have the Elysium and will be sticking with it for a while yet.

I currently have a 360mm 60m thick rad in the roof with, 3 fans on the inside of the case and 3 on the outside.

I could fit a 360mm in the front of the case and also a 240mm in the bottom with a bit of work, the only thing that I find interesting about this NZXT is the front pannel that can be removed so easy.

It certaintly is a good case but it's something that I won't be getting, although I may tell my brother in law to grab one of these for his pc, or I may get one for my dads pc.

Saw a hour long video review for this case on another site, that showed a few issues with this case, like the plastic part in the optical bay at the top which blocks part of the fan on the last fan if you run push pull.

Good review though.

4. Nikumba

Nikumba Minimodder

I do like NZXT case just got a Source 210 for a NAS, however I really hate how they have supplied screws that fit the holes if they were not filled with bloody powder coat, fitting the mobo mounts should not be a massive task, though I did like the little wrench/nut they supplied to fit them

Kimbie

5. Floyd

Floyd Wire Twister

Ill stick with my much smaller NZXT Vulcan ;) Full CPU and dual GPU water cooling in a small desk top friendly form.

6. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Bottom of the first page, you guys say 'This still makes it much more desk friendly than the huge Xigmatek Utgard (663mm high) or the SilverStone TJ11 (642mm high). ' when I'm sure you're referring to the Elysium...

7. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Minimodder

I love how it looks, but i found myself saying "damn, is that all plastic?". Apparently it is. Too bad though, it looks real nice. I fell into the plastic trap once before, and never again will i go down that road.

8. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

yeah im sure he is, the utgard is 515mm high
    its the Elysium thats 663mm

9. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Because IMO the Switch looks much, MUCH better than the Elysium.

I actually had one of these around, and while yes, it's all plastic, it didn't really bother me. Ofcourse you do notice it and can make the panels rattle if you try, but in normal use? I don't see the problem.

Thanks for the review! And special kudos for the photos, I've been struggling to get good shots of another gloss white case and it's an absolute cluster**** without a proper studio...

10. tigertop1

tigertop1 What's a Dremel?

The reviewer ought to be pleased that NZXT has not included a fan controller. Issues with the supplied controller on the Phantom and new 410 cases have been the source of many frustrated comments on the NZXT website forum. NZXT is an innovative designer but attention to detail is often lacking in the production runs and Customer Service response is non existent.

If you are prepared to do a lot of DIY on a new NZXT case it can be rewarding but a little more thought in the design process could turn a good case into an excellent one

11. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide What's a Dremel?

Nice review!

Shame the case doesn't look as original as the phantom.

Tags: Add Tags