1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Beats or cheapy headphones?

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-89078, 7 Mar 2012.

1. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

I am happy with all forms of Beyers but i use DT770 pro's for music and i do listen to dubstep, i use a set of mmx300's for gaming, i know, but i like them :D they were custom design :thumb:

Beyers are the most comfy headphones i have ever owned, several hours and i forget they're on, that is really important i find as well as sound quality.

Last edited: 7 Mar 2012
  2. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

Psh, headphones... Rock it oldschool! To hell with everyone else, they will enjoy your music selections as well.
    [​IMG]
    That's how I roll.

3. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

beats are crap :p

4. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

If you want over the ear, MDR-V6's are cheap and are almost bomb-proof.

In ear, CX-400s.

5. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

They're slightly worse than your setup :lol:

Monster Turbines are my favorite in-ear headphones, very good value if you can find them refurbished. They go for $50 in the US Monster Outlet.

Beats aren't all crap IMO, I like the sound of the Studios. The rest are pretty bad though..

6. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

I've had three pairs of CX-300 earbuds break on me, so I paid the extra for a pair of CX-400ii buds and they're pretty solid so far!

The only problem is that they are so good that I could hear how bad the sound quality was on my HTC. I ended up buying a nokia business phone because it had higher quality audio!

7. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

beats are a bit crappy, I have a few sets of audio technica headphones at home, all closed back, I cant remember the model numbers becauase I am at work! and I have some beyer dynamic dt100's in my studio for monitoring.

My in ear mp3 headphones, no clue who makes them, I broke my old sennheiser cx-300's when out about about in town so i went and bought these from curry's, they say "iWant it" on the side, they were only I think £15 in a sale, and they are alright. Pretty bass heavy, but thats kinda how I like my mp3 headphones to be.

8. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

My wife didn't know what to get me for christmas so I said I wanted a new pair of headphones and pointed her in the direction of some Sennheiser's that I fancied. Come Christmas day I opened my present and found a box containing Beats. She's a maths teacher and asked the kids at school what the best headphones were. I managed to hide my disappointment rather well.

The sound is pretty good to be honest, but not worth the cost. The main thing about them though, is that they are the most uncomfortable headphones I have ever worn. No matter which of the stupid rubber fittings I attach, within 10 minutes my ears feel like someone it ripping them apart.

9. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Uhm. Tell her they don't fit you that well and just return them for another pair? She can't possibly be offended by that.

10. docodine

If they don't fit you there's a legitimate reason to return them. Were they the Tour, Studio or Pro by the way?

11. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Or you could just be honest, depends how you think she'll take it. I can see her being pleased with the honesty as long as you show how grateful you are for the thought.

12. Chris_Waddle

They are the Tour ones (white).

I could be honest with her and I did mention how uncomfy there are, but I got the stare that sort of said 'you had better not be complaining'.

I only really listen to my iPod for an hour or two a week now (my new car has an iPod dock) so I can put up with them for that amount of time and keep the wife happy at the same time by using them.

Should anyone be considering getting some, don't.

13. Chris_Waddle

Indeed I could do this and I am sure she wouldn't complain. I am also sure that I would find myself going without sex for a week or two.

14. docodine

The Tours are legitimately terrible headphones. Overpriced, terrible sound, they fall apart, the headband snaps, uncomfortable...

15. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Either way you're going to end up with ruined ears, whether it's from the headphones or the wife is up to you...

16. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Yeah but then the PRS and RIAA etc come after you with lawsuits or demanding you buy a public performance license thing, :D :D

17. Lenderz

Lenderz Minimodder

IIRC Beats are/were owned by monster, the guys who ripped people off flogging monster cables they're the "our gold £100 HDMI cables make your films look better" guys.

I think when they started the Beats brand they just got better at ripping people off, a bit of clever marketing and playing to people's ego by making them look distinctive. CX400s are great I've got a pair, and a nice pair of Bose over ear for when I'm home.

18. CoffeeTwoSugars

CoffeeTwoSugars What's a Dremel?

I bought a pair of Bose over ear headphones about 2 years ago, the sound quality is perfect still and the cables are strong still. They are a damn site cheaper than beats too. And by the general consensus here the sound quality is better :)

19. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

I still use a couple of boom boxes.. turtle beach makes some good headsets

20. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

I prefer the Creative Ep-630's to anything. Fantastic set of in- ear earphones, great build quality. And when they're well in your ear, sound is wonderfully, clean, crisp, and there actually is rumbling bass!