1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Mass Effect 3 General *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sheninat0r, 6 Mar 2012.

1. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

anyone else just ease dropping on peoples conversations in the citadel? steer clear of the shuttle bay- I got extra armor in my pants crafted on mars :worried:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Oh good god, there's going to be loads of these shitty dream sequences. I hope a mod comes out that erases every frakking one of them.

3. mattyh1995

mattyh1995 Minimodder

Mass Effect 3... It is the best finale ever in a gaming series! (That i've played)

I love the cutscene where all the ships come through the relay and the battle starts ^^
    Not even finished it yet..

4. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

I started playing it today at around 11 A.M. and was at the credits at around 10 P.M.

I was really only interested in the main plot as I was in the last game. Didn't bother doing a lot of the other stuff as I guess I just wasn't interested.

That ninja guy Leng is stupid. He doesn't fit in the ME universe and it's like he just came out of nowhere.

I thought the main quest focus was kind of silly. Why the hell do I have convince these races to save themselves and the rest of the galaxy for that matter. I feel like this should have been a non-issue. Your options are pretty simple, you can either help out and fight the reapers, or your race can perish at their hand. They all knew what the reapers goals were so I don't see why they would even consider not helping.

After picking my ending, and watching the alternative on youtube, I feel like I could have just watched the endings and not really missed a whole lot in terms of plot development. The second games plot and pacing were top notch IMO and this third installment fell short for me.

I was kinda sad to see that they didn't really do anything different with the general gameplay. The combat is basically identical to 1 and 2. It would have been to nice to objectives that weren't the typical attack here, defend here, and some fetch quests.

I thought the worlds that you visited looked great. Each one had it's own interesting and distinct look with some pretty nice level design. The sound design was excellent though the game could use an in line limiter. Luckily my EMU drivers let me put a limiter on my wave out but judging by hard the low end was hitting the limiter, I can imagine some parts could be quite stressful in the low end.

I'd wait until you finish it, that cut scene was infinitely better than both endings.

I only experienced three of them, but they are dumb and don't in the game at all.

5. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Well I was going to be working away this week but the plan changed and now I am working away on Friday. So I used the VPN trick to activate the game. I have played up until Pallavin (one of the first main missions and am part way through it. I will try hard to avoid any spoilers (unlike some people ^^^).

The first hour of the game is a real chore, feels like a forced over long tutorial. Once I was freed to explore the Normandy and start the first missions I was quite pleased how much more this feels like the original mass effect.

I think I am about 2 and a half hours in now, so it’s still early on but I suspect the real sign of success or failure will be whether or not my previous ME1 and ME2 decision actually have a meaningful impact on the way the story plays out as well as any new decisions to make.

On the subject of graphics, they are quite a bit better compared to ME2, but the textures are quite poor for anyone who is used to even moderately high res textures. It’s not enough to ruin the game but is a little disappointing.

ME1 was a better game than ME2 but ME2 was a better experience than ME1 if that makes any sense. I am hoping ME3 will be a best of both experience, leaning slightly more toward ME1.

The MP is a fun addition but I wonder if it will have much lasting appeal. I have already come across several level 43 characters and the game has only been out since Tuesday!

It’s fair to say I am far more positive about ME3 now than from my impressions of the Demo.

6. mattyh1995

mattyh1995 Minimodder

The endgame I played, the "Control the Reapers", was such a let down :( I was all hyped up about saving them then some little s**tbag ghost kid told me if I killed them, all Synthetic life, including the geth, would die and most of our tech would be destroyed. Or, control them and I die and destroy the Mass Relays. Why couldn't it just be that you can kill the reapers and revel in the glory of being a galactic legend? :( Plus, that'd put you in a better place for endgame DLC, which I really wanna see :(

To summarise the spoiler post, SADFACE.

7. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

I completed the game today, I am left feeling incredible buyers remorse, and quite a bit of anger that this game has received high ratings all around when infact there are tons of plot holes, incredibly bad animation, and is really bad pc port.

I want my money back.

8. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

Just pre-ordered through origin (10-15 mins ago now) xD hopefully still get all the stuff with it as its out tomorrow here ofc.. But just wondering how long does it normally take for them to email you? it said it will soon but got nout yet :/

9. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Took a few hours for me to get the Confirmation email from Origin which let me Pre-load.

I could see it in my Games list straight after i bought it, but it would just say "unreleased" until i actually got that Origin email.

On a side note, just got really pissed at the game after dying ~5-6 times in a row on the same area.

Cerberus troops are just swarming me and i didn't kit out my as heavy offense (more utility based as i snipe away from the back). The Infiltrator is great for single target damage, but i just end up using up all my ammo and then getting surrounded. The more annoying part are the (so far) 3 sets of Shielded enemies which approach from roughly 10m away whilst also having another Cerberus squad flanking whilst they approach, so i'm hit on both sides whilst i'm trying to line up the shot to take them out, and it's not long before they're on my ass.

Annoying? Yes.

Immense Satisfaction after Completion? Better be.

10. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

Thanks :) its just appeared in my games list still waiting on the email. Also is it essential / worthwhile playing the arrival before starting 3? I know it explains why you're on earth but does it explain / show anything else?

11. Tangster

Said the wrong thing at Tali's trial in ME2?
    Lost both Tali, Legion and the entire Quarian fleet, because Han'Gerrel is a prat.
    Next ME2 save then, not gonna bother finishing this one in ME3.

12. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

finished it last night.

Really duno what to feel but without spoiling anything for anyone who's not played.

ME3 up until the end sequence 9.9/10. Some really emotional choice to be made that where actually really hard to make.

ME3 at the end 0.1 / 10. So disappointed

13. sheninat0r

sheninat0r What's a Dremel?

That's the impression I'm getting from a lot of places. I'm not far in yet
    just got the primarch
    , but even so I already feel disappointed. BioWare seems to be running out of ideas; I mean, really,
    EDI
    as a goddamn crew member?

Combat too seems to have even higher priority now than ever. Every game they just "refine" aka simplify it for Gears and CoD players, all the while making the story more and more mediocre. I mean, let's be real: my 100% renegade Shepard has nightmares about a random kid who died on Earth? Liara finds the goddamn weapon blueprints the DAY OF the Reaper invasion? Joker is in love with
    EDI's body
    ? Not to mention Protheans look completely different in this game than they did in ME1's cipher sequence.

Now the entire Internet is telling me all the endings blow and I just found out you need to play multiplayer in order to 100% the single player. Good job BioWare, you just ruined Mass Effect like you ruined Dragon Age. See if I ever buy one of your video games again.

14. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

So is the game worth buying now, or give it a while to get cheaper on pc then buy?

15. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I wish I could play the ******* game.

I've been through forum threads all bleeding day, and the game still crashes on startup for me.

To say I'm annoyed is an understatement.

16. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

Wish i could play it but origin has decided it needs to re download the entire game again even though i pre downloaded it.

Wow ninja'd with similar issue

Liratheal i hear there's an issue with some x64 systems you might try searching that though i'm not sure there is a solution.

17. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

That's exactly how I felt.

18. Tangster

Wait until it goes on sale for £4.99.

This was my metacritic review, I gave it a 2/10 for ruining the entire series with the endings, it might've gotten a 9/10 if the endings were any good and actually different:

The game was going great, I could forgive the little errors, the errand-shep side quests, the mediocre graphics, the day 1 DLC... all because the plot stormed along nicely and everything was going as well as could possibly be expected in a galactic war.

I had the Krogan and the Turians, the Geth and the Quarians, even Aria all working together for to good of the galaxy.
    I'd rejoined with my LI(Tali), had fun with my bro Garrus and discovered that Shep still can't dance.

The last 5 mins? Ruined the game.

The ending of the game was absolutely atrocious and also killed all the replay value for me as:
    a) had to do all the side quests anyway for the Galaxy At War points thing, no replay there
    b) the endings are all terribad and boil down to pretty much a single endings with a different coloured light show.

Come to think of it, it killed the replay value of the entire franchise since none of my choices in ME1 and ME2 made the slightest difference in the end.

If Bioware are going to end a series like that, I'll just avoid their games in the future so I don't end up with a million metric tons of steaming disappoint, especially after being so emotionally invested in both my character and squadmates before being kicked in the face by Casey Hudson's lying foot.

19. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

I'm only on my first play through but I fail to see the issues that others are reporting. OK, crash on start was irritating but a graphics driver update resolved it pretty sharpish. Story - same as, it's Mass Effect so predictably predictable. Gameplay - feels identical to Mass Effect 2 in most cases but a few extra bits and bobs have been added. Is it a console port? Hell yes. Does that make it a bad game? **** no!

20. jimmyjj

jimmyjj Minimodder

I pre ordered through Origin but do not deem to have received the pre order weapons and armour?

Anyone know how to redeem them? As I downloaded through Origin are they already present in the game or are we supposed to receive an e-mail with activation codes?

Thanks,

J