1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTF is this forum coming to? Awesome discussions on life, the universe & everything!

Discussion in 'Serious' started by StingLikeABee, 5 Mar 2012.

1. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

I'm not seeing your logic there. How would heterosexuality being a natural and functional permutation in nature provide a rational basis for thinking that homosexuality, which is also a natural and functional permutation in nature, is wrong?

Well in that case what is your rational basis for believing that homosexuality is wrong?

2. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

If everyone was a homosexual the human race would have died out.

AmEv likes this.
  3. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Why does it have to be just one word? There are many beliefs which cannot be adequately represented by a single word, "people who believe homosexuality to be wrong" being one of them. :)

4. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

What on earth about your belief is rational?

5. longweight

So?

6. StingLikeABee

StingLikeABee What's a Dremel?

So what is the rationale behind your beliefs then? Put simply, why is homosexuality wrong?

7. longweight

True! This is why I enjoy SD, you learn and it alters your thinking :)

Sometimes.....

8. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Really? Can you not see my reason?

If the human race dies, no human would exist. Do you understand that?

9. longweight

Yes and I repeat, so what?

10. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

If you can't take part in a serious discussion perhaps you should leave this thread?

11. longweight

Ok if I have to spell out my question: What is wrong with the human race being wiped out by homosexuality becoming the prevalent mating ritual?

12. StingLikeABee

Seeing as homosexuals make up a small percentage of the total population, why would the fact that homosexuality exists endanger the human race? It's a very weak argument you have given.

13. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Indeed. It's hardly a rational basis for believing that homosexuality, as it exists in nature, is wrong.

14. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

I don't believe you are a stupid person buddy but that really is a stupid question. If the human race is wiped out there WOULD BE NO HUMANS. ergo no homosexuals either.

15. longweight

Yes I understand that. How does that support your argument?

16. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

No, if anything it proves my point. Just because heterosexuality is natural does not prove that homosexuality is not. They are both natural and functional permutations.

Rational, but subjective. On being presented proof that the sky is not in fact purple but just perceived by him as such, he might want to adjust his belief to: "To me the sky appears purple".

You are now overgeneralising. Nobody is saying that all your beliefs are irrational. I am just arguing that your belief that homosexuality is wrong is irrational: as in not based in logical reason.

But not everybody is. So in the presence of heterosexuality, homosexuality is functional. Similarly, in the presence of homosexuality, heterosexuality is functional.

If this confuses you, consider this: if everybody was female the human race would have died out. If everybody was male the human race would have died out. But in the presence of the other gender, both are functional.

17. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

I have changed my mind mate, I think you are stupid.

If you don't believe the human race being wiped out is wrong then I don't think I can continue this debate with you. I don't expect everyone to agree with me but you asked a question and I answered and gave a reason.

Whether or not you agree with my reason is irrelevant. I am believe I am following the rules of SD whereas you are not with your ******** reply's like 'So?'

18. StingLikeABee

Cop out if ever I heard one:eyebrow::sigh:

19. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I think the biggest hole is the induction that if we were all homosexual we wouldn't reproduce.

Even failing that, it's like saying dieting is wrong as you'll eventually starve.

20. longweight

No swearing please.

I asked the questions "So?" because I didn't understand your statement. Maybe I could have worded it better and I apologise if it upset or annoyed you.

I don't consider the human race being wiped out because of a naturally evolved tendency wrong.