1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards x79 sabertooth thermal radar problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by HandMadeAndroid, 28 Jan 2012.

1. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

Hi there,

I've just upgraded to a 3930k running on a sabertooth board. The system is up and running fine apart from the 'thermal radar' software. I can't get the fans to slow down, thus the system sounds like a wind tunnel and is driving me mad! I've tried every combination of settings, has anyone any suggestions?

edit h100 fans suck...buyer beware

Last edited: 28 Jan 2012
  2. improprietary

improprietary FT03 is a bitch to watercool

i use noctua's in my h80 but i hear ALOT of praise to the gentle typhoons... 1850 rpms i think it was

3. x_stefano20

x_stefano20 What's a Dremel?

I have the same configuration, in my system the windows based software thermal radar doesnt work at all ! when I try to activate it this error appear Unable to start sever, prog,id:"Asusfancontrolservice.fancontrolmanager"
    my cpu cooler is a corsair hn100
    did you solve your trouble ?
    did you try to modify bios setting to solve fan noise ?
    By
    Stefano Roma Italy
    :wallbash:

4. merophosis

merophosis What's a Dremel?

I too, can't launch my Thermal Radar and receive the same error.

Did you find a fix yet? I can't seem to figure this out.

5. rollo

rollo Modder

you can switch the fans on the h100 using the profile switch on top of the cpu

low medium high

will always sound like a windtunnel when powering up though

6. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

The Gentle Typhoons are better on any rad than the Noctua P12's- which are more suited for air cooling. The 1850's are a very nice mix between noise and performance and I use them on my H100 in a push/pull config (4 fans + extra set of H100 fan mount screws from Corsair).

7. JohnSheridan

JohnSheridan What's a Dremel?

I have that board and used the advanced setting in the bios to set the fan speeds. My problem was an error on boot as the fans were spinning too slowly for the bios' liking!

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I have asked the Sabertooth RD team to have a look at this thread, so any extra info you guys can provide please say. Thanks.

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

The error is produced because the CPU fan connector does not support 3pin (DC control) fans, only 4pin (PWM) as it follows Intel spec. Change the fan to 4pin or the connector to CPU_OPT or another chassis fan one. For the H100 the pump connected to the CPU_OPT is advised.

Go into BIOS=>Advanced Mode=>Monitor=>CPU Fan Speed Low Limit, and set the item from “600rpm” to “ignore”.

Thermal Radar v1.01.09 should be released shortly that fixes your issues HandMadeAndroid. :)

Last edited by a moderator: 15 Mar 2012