1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Official bit-tech F1 2012 Thread - Post season

Discussion in 'General' started by alastor, 7 Dec 2011.

1. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Good points but dont forget about the Mercedes for Sepang with it having the bizarre DRFDuct thingy and those 2 massive staights :D Could be interesting.

2. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Was he the stato guy who looked like a rabbit in head lights? Overall prefer the BBC coverage although the Sky HD picture quality is stunning and I like MB commentating. Was the sound level of DC's co-commentator messed up for anyone else? I was at the inlaws when the BBC coverage was on and DC was fine but you could barely hear the other guy. Sky's cutting back to the two idiots standing infront of the big TV was very annoying.

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I agree about the token totty - I'd rather have Ant in the box with MB and Crofty.

4. NigelT

NigelT What's a Dremel?

I thought the sound was also amazing on sky hd. I don't think last years coverage was in Dolby 5.1?

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

No, the coverage has had a real spank up on Sky at least, 5.1 and proper HD as opposed to upscaled 2.0. :D

6. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

That F-Duct could be interesting down the straights, yes...
    Though with only one DRS Zone, the speed advantage that should give will be somewhat limited.

Another consideration to have: a wet weekend is predicted. That means that cars COULD be fuelled lighter. McLaren after Oz said they were running very heavy, and we know red bull was as well (Seb was told to burn as much fuel as possible behind the SC).
    Lighter fuel loads could be bad for Ferrari, who seemed to struggle more, the lighter their cars got...
    That's all pure speculation, though...

7. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Perez to me has been long waiting a new seat. That guy can preserve tires quite well. Sky coverage isn't too bad, but I think I miss the BBC commentary team still.

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Can't really stand the new Sky stuff that much:

The bloke and the bird by the TV can just go, what a complete waste of space they are.
    Every 30 minutes they drop in HD HD HD HD HD 5.1 5.1 5.1 5.1 5.1 SHUT THE **** UP
    Damon Hill needs to never hold a microphone again. Very clearly a driver not a reporter.
    Ted is the only decent person outside of the commentary crew.

I hated the new bloke in quali, but in the race he put ample more energy into it than Brundle ever did, which was very good. Brundle is clearly the second place commentator man now. On one hand I miss the boys banter between him and DC, but on the other the chemistry is more natural.

9. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Looking at FP2 now, and I must say that the McLarens look rock solid through the fast turns in Sector two, even on the harder rubber.
    Here's hoping for the way they should have finished in Australia: 1-2.

10. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

It's a good job I didn't say more on Ben Edwards then.

Ah cool, I got the position of Melbourne second sector wrong, I thought it ended after the flick flack of 11 and 12.

Dry today :(, heres to hopping that the race is again in monsoon hour.

11. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

I'm just hoping for the perfect shake up weather...

Dry practice - wet quali - dry race which then rains halfway through :D

12. bagman

bagman Minimodder

[​IMG]

13. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I woke up while Q3 was going on and couldn't resist sticking BBC radio commentary on. I do have to get Sky though.

14. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Must admit I am enjoying seeing Vettel being outqualified by Webber. It makes his floundering in qualifying even sweeter.

15. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

You're not the only one :naughty:

16. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

This year is going to be so competitive, well apart from the last six places, but the rest - wow. Alonso and Perez were peaked in Q2, does anybody know if they used all of their mediums getting to Q3?

Where is this sploshy stuff from the sky then.

Yep good to see Webber back on form, and here's to hoping Grosjean and Rosberg can get around and hold up Vettel on those cold hard tyres at the beginning.

17. alf-

alf- Minimodder

if i was a betting man, i would be very tempted to put a few pounds on schuey winning, if there one place he has excelled at it starting the races well, he regularly makes up several places and i can see him leapfrogging jenson tomorrow at the start maybe even Hamilton.

though i can't see the Mercedes being fast enough throughout the whole race distance.

18. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

If I were a betting man, I'd have put a few quid on Massa turning up in the top 6 at the end of the race. We know that KL rains a lot and anything can happen. At 12/1 (the odds I got) it's a fairly good bet.

(fingers cross that the whiny **** makes the top six)

19. sparkyboy22

sparkyboy22 Web Tinkerer

Its soo close. Q2 1st to 17th all were covered by just 1.3 Seconds

20. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

ROFL @ Red Bull :
    A bit sad for Perez, he should have been 1st.