1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Spectacular scratch-built project is finally finished

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 24 Mar 2012.

1. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

Nice to see project logs getting their own article as I hardly ever see them usually but this is amazing :)

Great job riekmaharg2!

2. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

Where do all the leads go?

3. ----jimbo----

----jimbo---- What's a Dremel?

@ Angel OD

"As a fellow modder, I completely disagree with the trolls above."

Just because I said it's not my cup of tea why am I suddenly classed as a troll? Does that make you a fascist?

rogerrabbits likes this.
  4. faxiij

faxiij Minimodder

riekmaharg2 & everyone else: i do want to make the point that this article just triggered a disliking that has been wanting to come out for a long time. i have nothing against this build, quite on the contrary. in supporting angel od's comment ("Since there is not a single damn thing wrong with it! ;)"), i'd like to extend on his words: the craftmanship is very excellent, as consequently the build quality as well. i should have pronounced that more. the design however, is where i feel more oculd have been done. i completely get the reasoning. i understand that well and hell, i have no problem with that. as i said, not a criticism of this mod in particular but just in general.

and by no means am i trolling: i just dont have the money (and also, tools and workspace) to put extensive plans for several plans i have made already into action. i think back to the cube mod or WMD. those were awesome. they are, what i am missing! it is more a complaint about the scratch-build scene that happens to come out under this article where it might have been better fitting in the forums - by no means am i trying to diminish the work or beauty of this build. maybe put in a different way, i feel it is a little pity when i come to imagine, what could have been the outcome by a modder this skilled and dedicated. if people like riekmaharg2 dont do the thing yet not done, who should then? a missed opportunity, if you will?!

and even if it might not change a thing, i meant this to be a kickstarter for discussion, not flaming and trolling.

offtopic @ haggisathome: im german. and i love the uk. ive lived there some years. people like you however should be ocked away just like those basstards that raided shops in london and brought terror. people like you are the reason that non-british people talk badly about the UK. Without people like you, I wouldn't be surprised if the UK would be the most popular country in all of Europe, hell, even on a worldwide scale. /rant end/

5. faxiij

faxiij Minimodder

^^^^^ oculd = could of course and ocked = locked. missing a edit button here :/

6. faxiij

faxiij Minimodder

also it's an edit button of course. forget to add that i have a few unrightly harsh words in my initial comment. well, i was emotional. it happens to all of us. so please accept my apologies for that. but as riekmaharg showed interestingly, it is possible to see through the bloated **** and comment on the question/criticism/discussion/whatever-else-it-might-be behind all that.

7. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Apologised so withdraw my first bit :blush:

This is heaving with countless innovative touches to this, not arty farty stuff, actual quality functioning modding & with real nice looks, I like all sides to modding but functions are the reason some of us got into making our own & this looks kind of simple with it's clean uncluttered looks but sure wasn't to create, it's a very advanced awesome mod & done to perfection, the uncluttered clean looks of this make it easy for anyone who only looks at the final shots but hasn't taken a good look through the log to jump to a silly conclusion of it not setting a high standard.

In short no scratch that in ramble :D this mod freaking rocks in many ways, ticks all the boxes for what a sweet case should be, silence with nice temps, not an easy feat to achieve, sweet subtle yet awesome looks, ultra effective true custom water cooling & looks amazing & real nice easy maintenance, a lot of advanced modding went into this but without checking the log some people might make conclusions like that.

2 Years is a fairly long time to a casual viewer but to people who make things manually it's almost the norm & if working a job also or other life consuming stuff then that's going at a damn good enthusiastic pace for a build like this.

Negative comments stand out more than positive ones, fact, just remember the only way people could come up with silly conclusions is if they didn't check the log.

100% wodney wenolds kickass product. :D:rock:

8. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

No but it's because you agreed with the disrespectful comment :D but if you said not my cup of tea but awesome work you wouldn't have been classed as one, d'oh. :duh:

I think if onlookers want to see something to their taste they should get into making them themselves to make what they consider an awesome project, tis what every modder already does & the more you do I guess the more you appreciate other modders efforts even if it isn't your cup of tea. :rock:

9. ----jimbo----

----jimbo---- What's a Dremel?

@Waynio

"if you said not my cup of tea but awesome work you wouldn't have been classed as one, d'oh. "

Erm, I said it was a "Brilliant job" (twice) and "it's beautifully machined".

10. mute1

mute1 What's a Dremel?

Personally I think it's fantastic.
    Sometimes mad shapes are just try-hard and easy ways to stand out. (But of course plenty of times they're cool too, so don't get me wrong...)
    Anyway, I think the elegant and simple design makes this extra special!

11. Ross1

Ross1 What's a Dremel?

Thats the bit that I noticed too. The case simply makes it and the fan controller look incredibly cheap and naff by comparison

12. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

If you mean the usb header, and power/reset button leads then they're hidden behind the motherboard and they are connected using some connectors I made.

Yeah I'm currently saving up for one of those expensive large LCD with graph fan controllers, also after some random Stumbling on stumbleupon I've discover a cool material which I'm gonna incorporate into a single design for both the empty drive bay and the DVD drive make both one unit.

I will put it on as a post completion update on my log :)

Thanks everyone :thumb:, also its nice to see the apologies between everyone, helps to keep the atmosphere of bit-tech a friendly place :)

Also if any site moderators are reading this, these pages could do with a multi quote button all I can do is copy an paste them.

13. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

O forget to say and an edit button would be nice too :)

14. nemo

nemo Foregone Destruction

Excellent job. I'd love to see a short video of zoom-ins / pans across interesting details

15. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

Ahh cool! Looks like an amazing job at making it all, but I'm mostly blown away by how tidy it is inside. :O

16. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

17. Mosquito

Mosquito Just 'Plane' Crazy

Beat me to it :p

That last part, was something that was evident in the thread as well... it's partly why the PSU and DVD/HDD covers are the way they are now, there was dislike for the design and he was open to the suggestions that others had.

I would agree that it's not the flashiest thing, but maybe that's what I like so much about it... the fact that it's hand built with manual machines and is a very sleek looking make it pretty sweet for me. I also like less complex design as well... that's probably why I spent more than I should have trying to find a less flashy case when I redid one of my pcs...

Congrats, riekmaharg2, on the font page article, well deserved! :thumb:

18. Furball Zen

Furball Zen Shut up and Mod

Are you an absolute idiot? This thing was made by hand, everything except the mobo/psu and drives! I cant believe youre knocking it down cause it looks like a computer case!

Tags: Add Tags