1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Skyrim?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Karas, 15 Sep 2011.

1. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Right I am pretty much done with skyrim 120hrs logged very little in the way of intresting side quests.

Sigh now to wait another 5 years its oblivion all over again :(

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Collect 15 daedric items left, got all other achievements. :D hope don't have to replay because Ive made some wrong decision on a random side quest for the 15 items.

3. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

I'm just getting into the meat of the main quest I think... am a bit miffed that I lost one of my free horses though. Should probably install that better horses mods or something so that they can run off rather than have it die trying to engage random mobs by the road grrr :(

4. awok3N

awok3N Who dares wins.

Fixed most of my graphical issiues with the game, but one case remains.

I can not load up the game with any of the ENB's on the nexus, it doesn't even get to the logo screen just instant CTD.

Any ideas? Specs in sig. ATM I'm only using a few armor mods, and SkyUI.

-awok3N

5. wyx087

i once seen Shadowmere appear a few stories high up in the air then drop to the ground. i got a feeling if i hadn't got Better Horses plugin, she would have died :(

but horses are only 1000, the player has majority stake of whole Skyrim anyway. :D

6. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

7. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Actually scratch that, turns out I'm about 2/3rds into the main quest already lol. Quite enjoying myself at the moment, and haven't even touched the other stuff yet. Most I've done outside of the main quest is join the Companions Guild and kick off the Thieves Guild stuff (but I don't think I'm in yet).

Was a bit WAH when Paarthurnax turned out to be a dragon :hehe: With all the dragons stalking me now my instant reaction was to get the bow out and start shooting lol.

I should probably buy a house now, is 5k gold the cheapest you can one for? I like hoarding my gold :p

8. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Don't worry, you will rake in the gold by just picking up magic items and the high gold-to-weight ratio items. Also - nice way to get your enchanting skill up is to use some of those endless crappy soul gems by enchanting stuff before you sell. Skill points and extra gold.

I've got almost 100k gold at the moment and can't wait for looooooads more.

9. wyx087

got all Skyrim achievements :D only looked up the 15 daedric quest starting locations in UESP.

actually got it when completed the second to last quest. i've got 16 daedric artifacts somehow.

the Breezehome of Whiterun is the best house. don't forget after 5000 to buy the house, you'll still have to spend around 5000 to decorate it before able to actually use it. just pick up stuff like sapphire/diamonds, they don't weigh much but worth a lot. completing thieves guild quests helps a lot, they will open up a general goods buyer in pretty much every city.

10. Jaysonw23

Jaysonw23 What's a Dremel?

I like the solitude house better. Way more places to display stuff and plenty of storage.

11. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

Hard to believe it's the same game now!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

how do I make my stock skyrim look extra pretty?!

13. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Anyone else tried the Perfect Whiterun mod?
    I love the nature look it adds to the town, shame it completely eats performance in certain parts of the town.

Image looking in from the main gate:
    [​IMG]

It's mostly done by a custom ENB profile, combined with a few other graphical mods (Realistic Lighting, Dark Dungeons, Distant Detail and so on).

Definitely worth having a look around the ENB Series website and looking at a couple of the Skyrim presets:
    http://enbdev.com/index_en.html
    Also this Reddit article does a good comparison of a couple of the popular ENB profiles:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments/rufwd/infopost_processing_comparisons_after_a_long/

Mine isn't as pretty as MjFrosty's game but I'd imagine if I tried to make mine look that good it would go unplayable on my poor little machine.

Last edited: 10 Apr 2012
  14. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Yep. I've got that one installed as well. Here's my Whiterun with my ENB profile.
    [​IMG]

15. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

SSAO is awesome =)

16. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Anyone excited by the DLC rumours for the summer, or am I just jumping the gun a little?

17. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Well, I've tried playing the game twice now. The first time I uninstalled just before getting to the first dragon because I was fed up of spending my time running from point to point.

The second, I got past the dragon, did another couple of quests where they send you around the other side of a mountain. I took one look at the mountain, thought "**** this" and quit.

It seems I'm the only one who doesn't really like this game. I gave it a go, and I know not all games are for everyone, but still, I feel like I'm missing what everyone's excited about. Ah well. At least I tried.

18. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Have you played any other of the games in the series?

Like you say, It's all down to personal taste. I for example, have tried Battlefield 2/3 and quit early on through sheer bordem.

My partner on the other hand loves those kinds of games, and falls in to a coma while I listen intently to Dear Esther.

19. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

I must admit, I did try Oblivion, and got bored before even making it out of the prison at the start. I guess I'm just not cut out for all the trudging. Saying that, I'm used to it in WoW/other MMOs out there. Just not sure why Elder Scrolls seems to be so against me. :( Ah well, I should have learned from Oblivion.

My taste in games is quite eclectic, so I don't really have a favourite genre. I just like what I like.

20. wyx087

can be painful at first discovering all the the locations. i recommend use the carriage to get to major cities. then just horse it to your objective, riding pass icons that appear on your HUD as you go along.

or you could use a console command to discover all locations.

but once you do discover enough locations, the game is fantastic to play. fast travel is the way forward :D