1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics 2ghz 680??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by feathers, 27 Mar 2012.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Got mine on an asus striker ii nse, with the extreme bios on. only my mobo and ripjaws just don't get along :-( ram was designed for p67 boards and doesn't like being dictated to by grandpa fsb. Ripjaws say :nono: Need to find some ram that'll definitely work on it.

Had mine at 3.3 on my p5k-e, but has a fiarly high vid for a G0 at 1.325v. and wouldn't go at 3.4 with 1.425v in the bios and didn't really want to push it further as was new (to me anyway). Now i want to try and get it to the 'magic 0.0000000000000036YHz', although may have to get a cheap-ish better cooler for it before i do. The intel extreme i've got used to be used on my brothers QX6950@4, but the fan had to be on 100% at all times.
    WHAT!? I SAID THE FAN HAD TO BE ON 100% AT ALL TIMES!
    I SAID. THE. FAN. HAD. TO. BE. ON. ONE. NO, ONE. HUNDRED. PERCENT. AT. ALL. TIMES!!!

Last edited: 27 Mar 2012
  2. The_Crapman

i'll have to get 2 of these for RAM......
    http://www.scan.co.uk/products/32tb...d-pcie-20-(x8)-sandforce-2281-mlc-flash-read-

3. matt_lumley

matt_lumley You're only supposed to...

4. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Angel headed hipsters

Alas I'm not stepping up anymore, selling my classifieds and down grading to a 580 for the time being that dead beat has sold me, and then might sell that and step down to a 480 with Waterblock for the time being and wait for GK 110, or whatever the hell they plan on calling it :D

but thanks for the offer noiz ;D even though I have a feeling I could write gtx 780 on it myself :p

5. feathers

feathers Minimodder

A friend of mine is still running his Abit mobo and first version of the 6600, one with higher consumption. DDR2 ram. 460. He doesn't even attempt to run BF3.

I love my liquid cooling. Yesterday I adjusted speedfan to set the in-game radiator fan speed down to 50% instead of 70%. I realised even at near silent 50% the fans are still cooling the GPU's to 37c on a very warm day.

70% previously set had been a bit noisy.

6. The_Crapman

Really!? Has he got any overclocks? With my cpu@3.3, ram at 900 and gfx as per sig, I could play it in high at 1280x1024 smooth as you like. Even runs on my 1080 tv fine with only the odd occasional stuttering.

That's some mighty fine cooing! I'm going to attempt to make all the blocks and rads myself :-s much research has been carried out already and I've got a fair idea of the designs, just need to get murdering, I mean measuring.

7. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

I noticed you said you were downgrading. Sad times :( How come you might step down from 580 to 480 though?

And ah, but I have a special pen :D

8. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

an impressive figure for sure!

9. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Probably because they come with a waterblock for only £200!

10. thetrashcanman

This!, noiz :)

1 or two 480 with blocks on have enough performance to tide me over until I go hell for leather again and get 3 680's or wait it out for GK110's hopeful arrival in august :D

11. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Ah my bad, brain wasn't seeing the logic behind it lol

12. thetrashcanman

haha, Ja I know its not really that logical, but what with me and the misses deciding to move out the flat and into a house, and also my Car deciding it didn't want to be it's usual reliable self anymore, I have to downgrade at least for a little while, still going to be running on SB, or IB when its released :)

13. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Ok,

I've just received another infraction and warning from a mod here because of this post.

I suspect that anyone who knows me will know that this post was not serious!

"impetuous clowns" ?? Come on! FFS!

"I intend to sit and wait for the 2ghz...."

I am sure pretty much anyone who knows me will not have taken that seriously or be offended by it.

Sometimes mods need to lighten up.

I'm still considering ditching my 2 x 560Ti and getting a 2gb 680 so I certainly don't regard current 680 members as fools.

Edit: I think this is not a mod issue so much as someone having a bad day and reporting something that is clearly not meant to be taken seriously.

Why would I sit and wait for 2ghz 8gb 680's?

Some people need to go to not taking everything so seriously school.

Report someone IF they get into an argument an get offensive.

Last edited: 28 Mar 2012
  14. thetrashcanman

I think the problem is it's difficult to express subtle sarcasm in text, hence people can sometimes misconstrued it to mean something completely different :)

15. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Agree, I think it this case it should have been more obvious. I think to anyone who knows me it would have been.

I personally refrain from reporting anyone unless it's an argument and turns offensive. I suspect there is some degree of misuse of the report button.

Trying to remember how many times I have clicked "report". Once or maybe twice.

Generally people get along well here and arguments can be resolved quickly when humour is used. Last year I was a very different person and didn't take much care about what I said. I think Bit Tech forum has calmed me down a lot and I generally avoid posting anything to wind people up.

We all have a common interest here so I don't regard anyone as my enemy or dislike anyone.

16. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Look on the second hand market, I just picked 2x EVGA 480's with full cover EK WB and Backplate for £250 - though thats about the right price, considering what they go for new, a 3D mark 11 score of 12500 is nothing to be sniffed at though.

17. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

You need to use something to convey the sarcasm clearly, such as a smiley face :p

18. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Now, when I first read that Post, it seemed like you were directing it at the likes of me & others, who need to go down this route, to run games at our High resolutions.

So yes, you could say I found it insulting, and more to the peeps who would have reported the post.

Though you may seem it to be sarcasm, it wasn't brought across like that to others, and obviously the MOD's thought so too. So they did what they thought was necessary.:)

19. feathers

feathers Minimodder

It wasn't sarcasm either though. It was just lighthearted hence my sitting and waiting for 2ghz 8gb 680 which of course anyone will know will never come. So on that basis it should have been clear.

My post wasn't aggressive, just silly but in an obviously silly way.

I think there is some degree of misuse of the report button. Almost as if some people can't wait to jump on something and report. It's like going to the headmaster behind someone's back to get them into trouble. If there's an argument and people get offensive then that is clearly a different matter but this here is an example of misuse of the report button.

Let's not treat everything in such a serious matter. Anyone here can call me clown and it's not an issue. I certainly won't be hitting that report button for it.

I still don't know whether I will buy a 2gb 680 by the way. I think if I can sell my 560ti's then I might end up doing so. From what I've been told here by the 680 owners, the 2gb is more than sufficient for my 1080 gaming. I am pretty sure I'd be happy with it.

xxxsonic1971 likes this.
  20. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

You still don't get it. What you need to understand is these forums bring all walks of life. People have different beliefs, and some will take to heart the smallest of insults.

What you have interpret was, 'That peeps with SLI GTX 680's are impetuous clowns'

So to some, they would have found that very insulting.

You need to think outside the box, when you put down comments like this.;)

Tags: