1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics EVGA Step up. All sorted.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-44432, 28 Mar 2012.

1. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

It's always been a trade-in where you pay the difference and any time I've ever read about 'step-up' it was pretty clear that was the case, not some fine print clause and no lies whatsoever.
    Sorry to say; It's not misleading, you just didn't read it properly.

It wouldn't make sense otherwise from a business standpoint. Why on earth would they give people completely free upgrades to the newest generation of cards?

The 90-day limitation is the only part of step-up that I don't like. I don't buy new cards when there's a chance that the next generation is going to come along within just 3 months; And I don't really see why anyone else would to be honest. Kepler's been on the horizon for a while..

2. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

You have got it wrong. They are suppose to give you back what you pay for your card from your invoice, excluding any rebate or P&P for the Step up. It clearly states that on their Step up program.

3. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Right, I have been in contact with EVGA, and they will be looking in to this matter. 'Fingers Cross' :)

4. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

Well good luck with it, something certainly seems awry, almost like they're treating all 580's as equal or something :-/

5. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Angel headed hipsters

Oh dear, idiot's, glad i'm not doing this anymore, I take it your sticking with your classifieds then and waiting for GK110? :D

6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

True_Gamer - I might actually respect you less for getting 680's.... mid range cards! Blasphemy!

7. thetrashcanman

:thumb:

Although I think TG did make a very good point, if he can get a 'free' step up now then it would be worth it as he could sell them for more when 4Gb cards are released or GK110. :)

8. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Seems that way.:miffed:

Well, I have emailed them, as well as a MOD on the EVGA forum, as he is stating this shouldn't be.
    If I only have to pay Shipping, then I will do it. If not, then I will keep my GTX 580's until GK110.:)

Lol, there does seem to be a mid range feel to them when you compare my results. But if I do get them, then I can get more back from selling them, than I would my 580's. :)

That's right. :)

9. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Ive emailed our EVGA rep to see what he says about this, will possibly have an answer soon.

10. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Sure, I do see the logic!

I was just making you feel better about EVGA's ridiculous step up programme.

11. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Thanks, I hope he can bring some good news. :)

:D Still smiling...

12. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

EVGA EU Product Manager Nick is having a look into this. He said "This will be reviewed and adjustments to the pricing should be made by Friday."

:D

13. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

14. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I have thanks, it's all over their Forum with regards to warranty changing after April 2nd. Though Bit-tech are saying July.

15. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

But with Step-up there might be a good reason to. You can buy a current gen card just before the next-gen ones, if the new cards are pigs then you can stay with the old card, if they're quite good you can use the step-up at no real cost to you.

16. Fanatic

Fanatic Monimidder

The warranty change applies to cards purchased after July 2011 - but EVGA are making the change in April 2012 and back dating it to prior purchases. :thumb:

17. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Yeah, that's the upside of it from my perspective, but I always feel as though it's a risk not worth taking because of possibilities such as release slippage, messy paper launches, etc.

18. feathers

feathers Minimodder

19. thetrashcanman

20. feathers

feathers Minimodder

It's good that I brought this to your attention isn't it. It's not like it was easy to find being on bit tech main page or anything and that other guy copies everything I quote.

:)