1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Acronym

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Achron, 28 Nov 2009.

?

Which faceplate design do you like? (Faceplates on page 6)

1. Don't change anything!

29 vote(s)
    14.9%
  2. Faceplate 1

12 vote(s)
    6.2%
  3. Faceplate 2

53 vote(s)
    27.3%
  4. Faceplate 3

12 vote(s)
    6.2%
  5. Faceplate 4

51 vote(s)
    26.3%
  6. Faceplate 5

14 vote(s)
    7.2%
  7. Faceplate 6

29 vote(s)
    14.9%
  8. Faceplate 7

27 vote(s)
    13.9%
  9. Some other design!

14 vote(s)
    7.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Allow me to feed the troll... :lol: +1

2. Mosquito

Mosquito Just 'Plane' Crazy

Not the only one. I want to enjoy it, but it's just too much to have to sift through with all the single picture posts with no description or other updates...

Project looks nice, just wish I could actually follow it.

3. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

The crowd's getting ugly. I just heard someone mumble, "we need pitchforks."

4. Furball Zen

Furball Zen Shut up and Mod

First its class action law suits, now its pitch forks...doesnt anyone learn not to draw this stuff out? This coming from someone who has had a log going for over a year now elsewhere...

5. Achron

Achron Cad Pro Quo

So why bother posting here? If you don't want to see anything, then please don't come into my thread and write comments that aren't conducive to the conversation. I welcome criticism, especially well-deserved criticism. I won't argue with you that my log has gone downhill drastically since polishing began (due to lack of things to update on...be glad I didn't spam you with pictures of polished pieces every week). It's been a long process, more for me than you, and life has a way of interjecting itself at times when I don't exactly welcome or expect it. It's also my first build log. Ever.

But this, what I can only describe as, animosity towards this build / thread, has really put a hamper on my excitement to share this project with this forum. I enjoy sharing my builds with you. I will continue to do so even if you think it's boring or if you think using a CNC machine is blasphemous. If you would like to contribute criticism, please do so in a more thoughtful and respectful manner than simply calling my project 'boring'.

But my logs will get better. Magnitudes better. My next project is planned to every last detail, every washer, screw, connector CADed. Every update will have a description, and every update will accomplish a goal. Posts will be thought out, time put into them, and carefully written.

So please, can I get a little bit of slack?

/end

The reason I only posted two pictures is because I was up until 2:00AM last night finishing assembling the case, and I had to get up for work today. I was excited to share what I had, albeit limited amounts, and didn't want to wait another week to mix the pictures in with final ones.

On a lighter note, I'm done. Completely done. I've been waiting the past few weeks for parts to come in (crimp connectors, SSD, sleeving, crimping tools, wires), and spend the past week or so sleeving everything. I didn't take pictures of that process for several reasons, the main one being that I was concentrating on getting it done and I didn't feel that the quality was up to my expectations to post updates with (wire sleeving is boring in a case that has zero room).

I'm taking final pictures soon, so stay tuned.

Oh, and it works. :thumb:

6. Mosquito

Mosquito Just 'Plane' Crazy

I like shiny... :worried: I look at these as a journey... share your journey with us :D

Most gratifying feeling of the whole thing!:rock:

-

To address the rest, I just want to make sure I'm transparent in saying that it's not that I don't like the project (since I do, it looks fantastic) it's just that it's hard for me to follow the progress through all the teasers. I'm just selfish and like to see how different people do different things :lol: :D I should have edited the quote, I was only agreeing with the question that amagriva posted. I don't think it's boring, and I can't wait to see final pictures. :thumb:

Last edited: 3 Apr 2012
  7. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

I like the motto of any progress is progress. :clap:

Plus all good things are worth waiting for. :cooldude:

It's not gone downhill, I've seen some logs go on for years :jawdrop: you been busy with life stuff & making sure this is a proper gem going OTT with the perfection before you call it complete, you could have called it complete ages ago but you wanted to make it extra perfect, I respect that. :clap:

8. xXSebaSXx

xXSebaSXx Minimodder

If anyone else bumps this thread again I'm gonna go postal on you guys... Every time I login and find this thread in bolded blue; it makes my heart skip a beat thinking I'm gonna get to see the final product. Quit messing with an old man's heart please. :D

9. Furball Zen

Furball Zen Shut up and Mod

10. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Muuuuuuust reeeeeeeeeeeeesiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiist :naughty:

Bump :hehe::p

11. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

First I have to say ... "BUMP" :)

With that out of the way, I don't know how many people were actually serious about the critique, I know that I was only kidding. :)

And I'm also very happy for your that it actually works! Not that it's the most important, but it IS nice though! :lol:

12. amagriva

amagriva Minimodder

13. xXSebaSXx

xXSebaSXx Minimodder

14. JA12

JA12 What's a Dremel?

I think people are just a bit impatient to see more of this modding goodness. Of course you can and should take your time, since it's a different thing to follow a log than make one.

This is one of the builds that utilizes CNC equipment to make actual shapes instead of making straight edges forming a plain box and that alone is enough for me to like it. This has to be completed, no matter how long it takes.

15. wahoomcdaniel

wahoomcdaniel Minimodder

You do better with English that I'll ever do in Italian, but this is a travesty in any language.
    Sigourney in HER underwear.

Chow, mio ​​fratello!

16. Achron

Achron Cad Pro Quo

Thanks, brotha!

Erm...bump? :wallbash:

I'm impatient as well. I wish I had the space or the necessary equipment in my current living situation to make the pictures exactly how I want them, but I'll make do.

17. craig - toyoracer

craig - toyoracer Minimodder

Simply amazing first build D time is irrelevant when creating for yourself. :D

Look forward to the final photos, great job. :)

18. Achron

Achron Cad Pro Quo

Not to get all emotional on you guys, but the time has come to finally say that I'm done with 'Acronym'. I'm not going to write much at all, but it's been quite the experience. Lessons learned, blood, sweat, and tears.

More (better) pictures to follow in the coming week(s) once I get some lighting, but in the meantime, enjoy!

Warning: Your 56K may explode.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Un-frikkin-believably beautiful! :jawdrop:

You have my vote for MOTY! That's all I have to say!

20. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Anyone know how to get skid marks off black leather desk chairs?

OMG.

john