1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress The Theory of Everything. Dec. 21st. End of the world? Have some final pics. :-)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Angel OD, 29 Oct 2011.

1. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

What to do on friday morning of easter vacation?

I was planning to go to the workshop, but decided to stay home and get started on sleeving the PSU!

Going with white, blue and red.

I used my trusted homemade tool for this. Two little pieces of metal cut to size.

Halfway done with atx cable, the PCI-e is quite anoying since it's a 2x6 pin splitter, so I'm not done with that.:

[​IMG]

5 wires later I snapped both the small bits off of the tools :wallbash:

[​IMG]

But that wasn't gonna stop me so I got it done. This included a 5 minute search on the floor for one of the little tool-bits... 0,3mmx0,8mmx5mm in length is not easy to spot even though I vacuumed the floor the day before yesterday! :lol:

[​IMG]

I might get the cable done today! If not, I'll hope to get it done tomorrow after some hours at the workshop.

Thanks to all for the votes to MOTM! :thumb:

C ya soon. :)

2. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

You got one of my votes :thumb:, yeah those store bought removal tools are crap, they need to be made much much stronger and a little longer I think as they don't quite reach the bottom of the connector.

Last edited: 20 May 2012
  3. Guest-89078

Guest-89078 Guest

If you can't be bothered to remake the tools, try hitting the end of a safety pin (bends less than a paper clip) with a hammer to flatten it

Angel OD likes this.
  4. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Hey hey hey! I made those myself! Don't tell me it's crap! :lol:

I have been pondering making something better and maybe a holder that makes the heatshrink and sleeve sit in the exact same spot every time... I need that! :)

Quite a good idea! I'll look into that! :thumb: Have some rep for that!

5. Asouter

Asouter --------

PMSL :hehe:
    Thanks Angel, appreciate your comments, it's very tough this month yeouchhh :wallbash:

6. Furball Zen

Furball Zen Shut up and Mod

Sometimes pics are really helpful. I sat here thinking you meant the end with the spring... lol.

I would suggest using a pin punch to get a really flat pin, but thats my .02.

7. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

You are very welcome, you really deserve this one! :)

This will be my 4th loss, so if I get nominated and lose the next one, I want Bill to make me a modding ruler that says "5 times loser" :lol:

I actually made 6 or 8 of those thingys, but I could only find 2. When you have as much crap as I do in bags and boxes, it's difficult to find everything! :lol:

Btw, my gf found some of my old sleeving (before knowing MDPC-X) and this happened...

[​IMG]

I guess that's what they mean when they talk about getting hitched! :lol:

8. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:lol::) This is a tough one to rule out, congrats on MOTM nom Angel, I'll have to vote in a couple days to have a good look through them all but some I don't need to with following them. :)

9. Achron

Achron Cad Pro Quo

Buy your tool from MDPC-X and it will never happen to you again :).

10. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

I'll take your word for it :) reason I didn't buy one from there originally is with hearing most say these tools break too easy but this is MDPC we are talking about :D I shouldn't have had doubt & will be sure to add one on my next order. :)

11. wahoomcdaniel

wahoomcdaniel Minimodder

I thought we were going to see an engagement ring when I scrolled down to that pic.
    Just a Chinese finger trap...

Congrats on MOTM nomination. You've got my vote yet again.
    You'd probably get even more votes if you just explained the gear apparatus.
    (Just saying I haven't figured it out, yet!)

12. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I'm pretty sure I saw this same thing happen in "Altered States." -No, wait... That was lightning or something.

13. MrWizard

MrWizard What's a Dremel?

This project is amazing. Voted.

14. Shurika

Shurika Minimodder

Angel OD grtz for MOTM nominee!!! You`ve already got my vote!:thumb:

15. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Thanks a lot man! :) There really is something to look at! As there is every month though! :)

I have been thinking about it, but I just always frikkin forgot... :(

We have actually decided on the rings, but we just love living in sin, so it's not gonna happen anytime soon! :)

Thanks man! :) I kinda thought about it, but I'm not going to reveal it just to grab a couple of votes! All i due time! :)

Never saw it... But I hope the reference doesn't spell too much disaster! :worried:

Thanks man! :)

Thank you very much! :)

I love the votes, but I love the fact that you guys like what I do more! :thumb:

A small update for you guys. I did a quick mockup with the donor gfx card, just to let you see how it's going to pan out. I need to cut some different size spacers for the PSU cover to get it in line. Unfortunately it's not an exact science to get that damn thing sitting perfect! :) Also I need a hole for the 8pin mobo cable, and something to hide the PCI-e riser cable somehow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Socialite

Socialite What's a Dremel?

Eh nothing special here, typical Angel style perfection :rock:. Your attention to detail and the way you implement some of the craziest features and make them look OEM is nothing short of amazing, and don't even get me started on your custom blocks... Top notch modding Angel and congrats on the MOTM nomination!

17. Guest-89078

Guest-89078 Guest

[​IMG]
    The one on the left is the one you want. If you do it to a normal sized safety pin it'll probably be too small - the big safety pins work great though - 3 24-pins done so far and it's still fine :)

18. Snowcrash

Snowcrash What's a Dremel?

Beutiful work and a real inspiration!

One question (sorry if its totally noobie of me): what does this controller do exactly? could you please explain how it works?

19. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

i really ike the position of the gfx card!!!

20. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Love it :D coolest looking GPU cooler I've seen also. :rock: