1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Dual x8 560Ti 1gb SLI won't run Ultra on BF3

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by feathers, 3 Apr 2012.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

why not? have you never played russian argos roulette? close your eyes, get someone else to flick through the argos catalogue and you stick your finger in whenever you fancy and you have to buy whatever you land on. That's how a got my breast milk extractor.

2. Deders

Deders Modder

How did you use that to make your PC go faster?

3. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

milk cooling?

4. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

i made a random purchase the otherday. it was called an antec 2600k. it looks a bit like a metal square. i just threw it at my motherboard and everything seems to be working A ok

5. The_Crapman

See below
    Bingo! Breast milk has way better thermal capacity than water and prevents corrosion. Plus instant hot milk for latte.

6. feathers

feathers Minimodder

That's how I hang washing on line. I throw it at the rotary dryer and walk away.

7. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Breast milk extractor...riiiight. Is that what you called it?... The first nipple you attached that to was below the bellybutton?

8. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Wouldn't work. The cup used to create a seal around the breast is completely the wrong shape for...errrmm....anything else. /random

9. Deders

Deders Modder

then you have no choice but to go forth in to the world aski.. nay DEMANDING donations.

(love how someone has tagged this thread)

10. The_Crapman

You have nipples below your belly button?:eyebrow: i'd go see the doc about that. i think you may have the pox.

it's great for picking up tennis balls, choclate oranges and medium sized rodents.

11. TobletDanillio

TobletDanillio Minimodder

I think i'm going to back out of the conversation *walking away slowly*

*walks back* how do you have £400+ to wait on a graphic card?

12. feathers

feathers Minimodder

I would never pay £400 for a graphics card. What I did was sell my 2 x 560Ti here on bit tech marketplace to offset the horrendous cost of the GTX 680. I was shocked on 4th day of the 4th month when I came to order and found every UK shop was out of stock of the 680! Only 1 shop had them and that shop was overclockers. Many of the 680's they carried were also out of stock (EVGA and Giga) so my choice was limited to Gainward, OCUK own badge (2 year warranty), MSI (3 years), Zotac (5 years). I chose the Zotac.

The Zotac cost £460 inc shipping but because I offset the cost I paid £200.

13. The_Crapman

some people would consider it a waist, some a necessity. supposed it depends mostly on your personal finances and expendable cash. I personally won't be getting a 680, but i will be getting a 670Ti when they're released, as long as they're faster than 7950 for the same price and offer similar oc-ing capabilities

insidentally, the first 4gb 680s have just been put on pre-order on overclockers, the chgeapest of which is the Palit jetstream at £540:eeek: (also the ugliest gfx ever) with the gainward phantom 4gb at £600:jawdrop: thats what the gtx 590 cost new so god knows how much the 690 will be when released!

14. TobletDanillio

O sounds good to me

15. The_Crapman

hows it running for you? and sorry for barraging your thread with tomfoolery. i'll behave now;)

16. TobletDanillio

I got the msi 560ti 2 GB that set me back £218 inc p&p and that almost killed me lol I don't have loads on money having a wife and kid lol with a sh*t paying job so I'm happy with I got it play a lot of game on the ultra so I'm happy I don't know why you need something that powerful ??? lol

17. feathers

feathers Minimodder

That's ok, I am generally the one diverting topic :)

I never had a GPU that overclocked 175mhz on air before.

Did have it running 1299mhz last night for short periods on Heaven 3.0 but not stable today. 1270mhz with additional 105mhz on vram. The single axial fan is near silent on idle and very quiet in game on default auto profile. The temp rises to 79c in game but that is with the fan on auto and very quiet. For my 1270mhz I have set the fan manually to test as auto default speed profile not sufficient. Setting the fan at 71% is certainly audible but not loud by any means. I can reduce the fan speed a bit because at 1270mhz and 71% fan speed the core is 68c in game!

I am debating whether or not to buy a full cover waterblock. I hate air cooling generally but this fan really is quiet. I guess it would be nice to chill the 680 since with my water system it would be cooled very well and temps would drop by half.

18. TobletDanillio

I would think of how much more you could get out of that bad boy

19. The_Crapman

[​IMG]

I've can run my 460 165mhz above stock @815, but normally only go to 800 for safety. i'm having a really hard time not giving in to temptation and get the 7950. just have to remeber ati are evil, they're evil, they're evil.......

oh totally get that bad boy under water! blocks are a bit pricey, but when they look like this it doesn't seem quite so bad:
    [​IMG]
    http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop...d-GTX-570-Graphics-Card--GF110-pid-13428.html

20. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Well I'm not so sure. I've been caught out before with liquid cooled GPU's. Sometimes once they reach a certain point they won't OC more than the air cooler even with reduced temps. On the other hand I've seen a full liquid cooled GPU OC more with reduced volts because the coolant was chilled in winter.

Would be nice to get even more than 1270 on full liquid block though but I wouldn't be too worried if it dint. Liquid cooling brings silence for me and halved temps.

May buy an EK block for it. Initially I had intended to use my VGA only waterblock because I believe the mosfets aren't heatsink cooled on these GPU's. I think if I can buy such a high end GPU it's not too much of a stretch to add a full cover block.

Maybe next week.