1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other The Dreaded BSOD

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by coolicus, 6 Apr 2012.

1. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Thanks!

Hmm.. yea sounds like it. Very nice of him of overclocking your system. That is what I like about small computer stores. And prices, I find, are usually very fair, ESPECIALLY compared to big chain store service.

Voltage increase, stabilizes the system. It could be that one of your processors (GPU or CPU or chip-set) or RAM, was on the those that were on the edge of the silicon platter, which usually aren't the highest quality. Increasing voltage of that component creates more heat, yes, but increase stability.

Thanks for getting back to us. Please let us know how your system is now, after longer usage, so that, if your problem is solved, I can suggest to others to increase their voltage by a bit, as a potential fix, to help them out.

2. coolicus

coolicus What's a Dremel?

I certainly will Goodbytes if I'm still stable in a few hours I think it's safe to say the problem has been solved :)!

Yeah he was great will certainly see him again he tidied up all my cables, fitted my aftermarket cooler and then overclocked my i52500k from 3.3 to 4.2Ghz along with hopefully fixing my stability issues all for the fair price of £60 which is certainly cheaper than I would have got at any big name place!

I know being an enthusiast means you should do stuff like this yourself but it's so much less stressful to get other people to do it for you ;)!

3. coolicus

Nevermind it is still doing it :(!

4. GoodBytes

Oh well. RMA time.

5. coolicus

All my components were stress tested though :/?

I'm unsure about what piece of hardware needs to be RMA'd

Arghhh

6. GoodBytes

that is the problem with your problem.
    It could be the GPU or the motherboard. It could be a weak component on there. It COULD be your RAM as well, as drivers are loaded in there.
    In other words, try and get components from friends or what you kept form your previous computer, to try an isolate the problem. For example, put in a old GPU that fits in your system. See if that helps. No? Put back your graphic card and try the switching the RAM, and so on and so forth. What is left as component, might be culprit. If you really want to be completion, you can re-install Windows, just in case it crashes when a game executes a specific function, that happens to be a corrupted system files.

7. coolicus

Yeah I think I'm going to reinstall windows if it happens again - it's worth a try :p!

8. coolicus

Okay guys thought you might enjoy an update!

I've reinstalled windows on my main hard drive rather than my Crucial M4 SSD and it seems to be working fine (it has been 2+ hours which is the longest I think I've seen it be stable) so I'm going to wait a couple more hours and if nothing else happens I think it is safe to conclude it was a dodgy SSD that was causing the problems!

Thank you all again!

9. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

I was getting intermittent STOP F4 errors on one of my systems with a Corsair Force F60 as the boot disk, 'a process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated'. A reboot often led to a disk error resolved by using the Win7 disk to perform repairs. I've now replaced the drive and, so far, haven't had any more BSODs.

10. coolicus

Okay, thank you for sharing your experience!

I just hope my Gaming PC will work now :p!