1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Gaming Keyboard and Mouse Questions

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by amythompson172, 19 Feb 2012.

1. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

It had software issues 3 years ago and now it is absolutely fine, best Logitech mouse out there at the moment.

2. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Autistic was unnecessary and mostly irrelevant, I do apologise. As I know a couple of autistics it is doubly shaming to have used their condition disparagingly, though I'll leave it there for posterity. Perhaps what I should have said was that mechanicals are more the preserve of those who take a singular interest in something that the majority of people do not, in the same way that the stereotypical autistic may notice the number of forks on the table before the people sitting at it. Enjoy being infused with misdirected rage though.

3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I cba to read the full thread, but has anyone suggested the Corsair Keyboard/mice?
    I have a K60 keyboard and I love it! It's by far the best keyboard I've used.
    I'm also planning on getting a M60 mouse as I used one at LITS and it was amazing. I suggested it to a couple of people on here and they love it too...

Oh and CPC reccomend them both too...

4. leslie

leslie Just me!

Yes, membranes can last a while, but they do not last as long. They aren't usually rated to last as long. Proof, well the manufacturers tell you the key life expectancy, but also, how many keyboards do you find that are 20 years old? Even 10? You can easily find IBM model M's at 20. I never said that they ALL last longer, but in general, the key switches are rated to last longer.

As for autistics...
    You spend all day interacting with your keyboard, more than pretty much any other part, and yet it's probably the cheapest part on your computer. It makes more sense to have a nice keyboard than it does to have a nice case (which you probably only touch once a day to turn your computer on) and yet you probably have 10 times more invested in your case. Just because a keyboard doesn't have the marketing or sex appeal of a Silverstone or Lian Li case, doesn't mean there is no benefits to it.

5. Mac_Trekkie

Mac_Trekkie Source Engine's #1 fan!

:idea:

Silverstone Keyboards!

Come on, who wouldn't get one if they made them?

6. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I would literally hand them my money. Oh brushed aluminum goodness...

7. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Corsair already do that though :p

8. Mac_Trekkie

Mac_Trekkie Source Engine's #1 fan!

Yeah but that's lame old Corsair. These would be Silverstone! :hip:

9. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Lame new Corsair :p

10. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

For the true purist: ALL MECHANICAL!!

Not to mention it's silverstone, it would be hilariously quirky.

11. McDuff32

McDuff32 Minimodder

G500 is a decent mouse, I made the step up from a crappy laptop mouse to it and I do notice a difference. On the old mouse I struggled to strafe diagonally as I was moving forward, my character would stutter left and right. The g500 is a lot smoother, the mouse clicks are nice and precise too.

I love the forward and back buttons located next to your thumb on the side, I've got these binded to the stun and frag grenades on Cod4 as it's much easier than stretching across for the 'g' key when you're in the middle of a gunfight. I also really dig the scroll lock on the g500 for browsing web pages, but that's just a personal thing.

You can set up to 5 sensitivities on the mouse and quickly scroll between them using another couple of the function buttons next to where your forefinger rests. I have one low sensitivity setting for sniping (800 dpi), three middling (~1300dpi) for general guns, and a super high sensitivity for the vehicles in bf3 (can swing the turret on tanks faster). I would say that anything over 2500dpi for fps is overkill, you'd do a 720º turn by moving the mouse 1cm to the right at 5700dpi lol.

Definitely check what sort of grip you prefer though, if you have a natural claw grip it might not be for you.

12. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

And it is a mix!

Mechanical Keyboards are much better, I hate using pants rubber dome boards now.

IPS rules mainly because of resolution not image quality!