1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Anyone use a Logitech G9X (or gaming mouse recommendations?)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Parge, 10 Apr 2012.

1. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Hi Folks,

Today saw the sad death of my M$ Sidewinder mouse. I've had it for about 3 years and its been excellent. I'll be needing a replacement for this great bit of kit, and I was hoping you guys might have some recommendations. My grip is probably 'claw' and my hands aren't particularly big.

I was thinking about either a Razer Imperator or a Logitech G9X both I can get for £45 or so. However, I was hoping to spend around the £30 mark as £45 is a lot of money for a mouse IMO.

Anyone use the G9X, or have any other recommendations?

2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

You could get another Sidewinder, they're about £30. Otherwise can I suggest a Corsair M60. I'm a Sidewinder user and I used a M60 at LITS and I thought it was amazing :)

3. pete*

pete* Something witty here.

Logitech G400, or as BP said, another Sidewinder which can be had for around £30 :)

4. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Yep, I have a G9X. Had it for a couple of years now, and still love it. I wouldn't replace it for anything, as it does everything I need, with the added bonus of adjust the DPI from a button on the mouse. (Great for BF3, when you want pin point accuracy or to do a 180° with a nudge or the mouse).:)

5. Parge

Yes, my old Sidewinder had on the mouse DPI adjustment, great for tank turrents in BF3. I'd really like that feature again. The only reason I haven't picked up another sidewinder is because I thought that a change was due. Tell you what though, I could do with a few more buttons.

Basically I'm going on the fact that I pretty much love all Logitech products. I remember trying out the Imperator at LITS and really liking the grip, it also got good reviews on Bit Tech.

6. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

The G9x is a low profile mouse, which is more of a finger mouse, than a palm mouse. Which is what I prefer. Might be worth you going to your locale PC store, and see if you can test it out.:)

7. Carpet3

Carpet3 Minimodder

I've had a G9X for a few years and I think it's great :)

8. feathers

feathers Minimodder

I use G9x. I bought it because my MX510 was well worn but still working perfectly. I wanted laser and DPI adjustment in game. Had no issues with G9x. Can create different profiles and colour code the LED's for gaming/windows etc. Weight system, user programmable buttons (I just remembered the wheel has side switches too).

9. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

G5/G500/G400 all fantastic mouses

if my G5 breaks, i'll go with G500. :D lack of DPI indicator on G400 puts me off, but apart from that, i'd prefer G400.

10. Parge

Ah, now thats interesting, the G500 is only £35 on Amazon, and they seem to have 4 side buttons! I just remembered I have a £10 voucher too.... though of course that could bring the cost of a G9X down too.

11. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

G9x! You won't be disappointed. :thumb:

12. Parge

Alright so narrowed down choices are (price inc discount):

G9X @ £36
    Razer Deathadder Re-Spawn 3500DPI @ £27
    Logitech G500 @ £25

Anyone have any experience of the Deathadder respawn or any other Razer products. They seem to divide opinion.

Otherwise its probably the G9X TG recommends.

13. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I had a Razor Gaming keyboard, which I purchased to replace my G19. I hated it that much, I broke it in half over my knee...(Probably didn't help that I was getting owned at the same time). Now have a G510 Keyboard, which is just as good as the G19.

I don't rate Razor products IMO.

This narrows it down to 2. :)

14. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

Love my g400 and I think the 500 is the same but more buttons. The shape is a bit different at first though.

15. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I use an MX Performance, great everyday mouse, side buttons are great to use for teamspeak etc and really good wireless.

16. bagman

bagman Minimodder

I use the G9x and I don't think there is a better mouse for finger grip. I like my G9x a lot, and wouldn't swap it for anything else which is on the market.

17. dnottis

dnottis What's a Dremel?

I love my G9, best mouse I've ever owned.

18. Parge

Just to let you all know: I went for the G9X. It was a bit painful at £50+ but at £36 its an easier pill to swallow.

I'll let you all know what I think! Thanks very much for all your input.

Last edited: 11 Apr 2012
  19. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

I had and liked it. The settings are easy to use as well, the only reason I changed to the coolermaster sentinel was the comfort issue. Not that the G9 was uncomfortable mind you but the coolermaster suited mine more.

sent from HTC Sensation

20. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

I miss my G9 but couldn't justify keeping it at the time. My MX518 has served me well for about 18 months now but the feet are starting to wear so when I get some money set aside I'm going to have to go mouse hunting and see how cheap I can get a G9 again. :D