1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress D33P THOUGHT, ..COMPLETE..FINAL PICS+VID

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Asouter, 21 Jan 2012.

?

Hoopy or Tart3 handbag

Poll closed 16 Apr 2012.
  1. Hoopy

95.5%
  2. Tarts handbag

4.5%
  1. Asouter

Asouter --------

Cheers Crappy, the names in that list is quite intimidating. Thanks for your support even with that hat on :hip:

2. whyte

whyte What's a Dremel?

Deep thought is quite the name to live up to.. but I am mighty impressed with how you have succeeded in doing so. The led sequencer is amazing!

Asouter likes this.
  3. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Congrats on a well deserved MOTM nomination :thumb:

The lights are cool as are the Babel fish :)

Asouter likes this.
  4. big F

big F What's a Dremel?

Bout time this build got some MOTM love.

Asouter likes this.
  5. Asouter

Asouter --------

Thanks Whyte, It is quite something to due justice to, but glad you like. The LED sequencer is going to take some soldering and housing as it's just a bare circuit board. Thanks for your support.

Cheers Throbbi, The MOTM nomination has got me stoked, I'm well chuffed. Looks like the lights will be included as the poll is very positive.

Cheers Big F,Nice to hear. Hows about showing some MOTM love and clicking your vote for d33P THOUGHT ? :thumb::thumb::thumb:

6. Asouter

Asouter --------

Marvin has decided to put in an appearance, First words were ..."I've been talking to the computer...IT HATES ME!!!"

He'll be doing random jobs in the pc, he's not happy about it but he's just an android ...LOL

[​IMG]

other jobs that he's handy with, is an extra set of hands, while I'm shortening and sleeving an ATX cable

[​IMG]

Stay HOOPY:cooldude:

7. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

I can see you are having fun, and that's what modding should also be!
    As usual great work dude!

8. Asouter

Asouter --------

Thanks man, I needed something to take my mind off the sleeving...all work and no play makes Jack a dull lad !!

9. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

10. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:hehe: True though :eeek: maybe the only way I could make what I'm doing feel fun though is a few beers, even if it doesn't make it fun it will be like sleeping while things get done by me in auto pilot mode. :lol:

Appreciate the fun stuff though. :D

11. PORTHLEVEN

PORTHLEVEN What's a Dremel?

Fantastic what a build. Excellent well done. Next project please.

12. Asouter

Asouter --------

I knew they'd be a marvin fan out there :thumb:

After all that cutting and sanding it's been a joy, It'll be something for you to look forward to, The sleeving isn't too much of a pain, I've been stalking AngelODs build and got some nifty hints for removing pins, mind I did get a tool for it but don't know how long it'll hold out for. Not the most solid of tools I've owned. :)

I did chuckle with your MOTM voting, Impossible to chose a winner.... fun though :D

13. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

Everyone keeps complaining about sleeving :p somehow always holds up a project for a bit. I wish you godspeed with the sleeving :D

14. Asouter

Asouter --------

You'd think that manufacturers would keep up with modern trends and offer aftermarket wiring for their PSUs. It is going quicker than expected though :D thanks man

15. mikeyandrewb

mikeyandrewb What's a Dremel?

Amazing build, its nice to see it all finally coming together.
    Don't want to distract you from sleeving though, would I?

16. Asouter

Asouter --------

Thanks Mikey, still sleeving at the mo, update to follow. yeah it is finally coming together but it's those last lil details that you underestimate that seem to take the longest, all a bit frustrating really.:grr:

17. Asouter

Asouter --------

Sleeving Update 11/04/12

SLEEVING

Time for an update, this week I've been sleeving and lots of it. I still have a fair bit to do but I have done the ATX cable, some molex cables, I've shortened a SATA lead (yes that's sleeved too) I've done 3 of the 6 PCi cables (see pics) so not too bad on progress.

The 3 PCi cables that have been done look pretty good and I think they look alot better in green than in black.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As the cables go to the lower level they'll be bunched together, there's no place to hide the cabling so it's gonna take some effort to keep them tidy.

[​IMG]

I have made a desicion about how the graphics cooling will be connected, I'll be running the loop in parrallel, Having had a good google at this system, it makes sense to run it in this way as opposed to it running in series, ie... having hot coolant running from one block to another then heating even more and going on to the next block (does that make sense ?) It also has the benifit of the tubing being much more tidy.

[​IMG]

The tubing is much tidier than having to run it back on itself, I have also fitted the bulkhead fittings again this is just to tidy up the tubing as it looks much better than just having it through a bare hole

[​IMG]

I have also cleaned out the motherboard block and fitted the ROG logo, all that nasty black sludge just wiped off.

[​IMG]

and finally some dull pics of green sleeving LOLOLOLOL

[​IMG]

Jobs still left to do

1. Flush out rads, and blocks
    2. Finish sleeving
    3. Fit LED's and sequencer
    4. Put together and enjoy

I'm sure there's jobs I've forgotten about, I seem to be underestimating all the little things at the mo..but it's getting there.

(Yes that's an unashamed plea for votes)

STAY HOOPY:cooldude:

Last edited: 11 Apr 2012
  18. Mosquito

Mosquito Just 'Plane' Crazy

looking great! Keep up the good work :thumb::dremel:

19. Asouter

Asouter --------

Thanks man, :thumb:

20. enterobsidian

enterobsidian Hopless World Wonderer

I wouldn't normally pick green as a colour to sleeve cables, but t looks really good on this build!

For a moment I thought the gpu cables went into the SSD, which would have looked really good, but it's just the angle of the photo...

Looks good though!
    Enterobsidian

Asouter likes this.