1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project Sumerian Cry (26/04/2013) UPDATE

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by g1lgamesh, 12 Dec 2011.

1. g1lgamesh

g1lgamesh Minimodder

BTW Reevie (as shown above) are starting our own technology design company and some of the inventions we have made are being used in this build and another project log that i shall publish soon.

Fan Grill designed and realised by g1lgamesh and Secret Reeve of .........

[​IMG]

[

Last edited: 13 Apr 2012
  2. Samrobmoe

Samrobmoe What's a Dremel?

This is looking really good! Look forward to seeing it finished!

3. secretreeve

secretreeve Lead design and realisation manager

indeed!

if anyone has any metal work, electronics or other projects they need building, drop gilgamesh a PM and he'll let me know and we'll both work with you and let you know what its likely to cost.

4. abezors

abezors Lurking since '08

Noticed you're using Mayhem Aurora dye, which I personally love. However, according to Mayhem's site it says:

"Aurora is "NOT" made for use in a home system. It has been developed for show System's (modding) and Photo work. If looking for a fluid for a Home system / Gaming system please use Mayhems X1 or Mayhems Pastel range of fluids there are fully tested and working in any kind of loop."

And the Bit-tech coolant testing article talks about Aurora being unsuitable for 24/7 cooling, only meant for temporary builds "...and sadly, Mayhems also stipulates that the Aurora series shouldn't be used for long periods in your system, instead as a short term bout of eye candy"

Just a heads up in case there's an issue.

5. g1lgamesh

g1lgamesh Minimodder

cheers fella im aware of this but thanks for the heads up good man!

Im changing to Coloured x1, however fluid wil be the last thing to think about at this moment in time as one has to get those trays lit up

6. g1lgamesh

g1lgamesh Minimodder

next set of LED'S wired up for testing making the total of 14 out of 29 connected thus far:

[​IMG]

please remember that the the LEDS ARE the same colour and brightness,

[​IMG]

7. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Great work on the lighting! Should look ace!

8. g1lgamesh

g1lgamesh Minimodder

cheers fella

the idea though is that you do not see most of that light.

the reason is that the motherboard covers most of it up. What im after IS the subtle reflection on the paint work from the white lights. This will help to give the motherboard a subtle white border.

Like women with their make up:p less is more, these days they walk around as though they have had their make up plastered on by BOB THE BUILDERS trowel!

It applies to here also=less white light shown is MORE:D

9. Toppy

Toppy What's a Dremel?

Very nice indeed..can't wait to see the fan grill when it is finished..thumbs up :)

10. g1lgamesh

g1lgamesh Minimodder

Couple of 3d studio rendered files

of those front fan grills

note textures have not been added as of yet, for some reason the elements imported from sketchup will not allow me to set a UVW map

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. secretreeve

yup thats my fluff up on that one, had to change a tiny something before exporting to ya lol

12. g1lgamesh

g1lgamesh Minimodder

3DS MAX RENDERINGS

Ok Solved the problem and manged to add a UVW MAP

I have added CHROME /BRASS AND DARK GOLD materials to highlight the potential of the truly innovative fan grill (well i believe anyway)

Thanks to reevie for the FANTASTIC sketch up designs of my ideas (your a good business partner pal)

brass

Credits are to:

CONCEPT and initial Renders: G1lgamesh
    Sketchup drawings and Design :Secret Reevie
    3D STUDIO MAX MODELLING AND TEXTURES: G1lgamesh

brass

[​IMG]

chrome

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

brass closeup

[​IMG]

BRASS even closer

[​IMG]

dark gold closeup

[​IMG]

chrome closeup

[​IMG]

and to show HOW MUCH DETAIL has gone into this super closeup on one fan grill symbol!

[​IMG]

Last edited: 19 Apr 2012
  13. secretreeve

woo credits!!!! lol

those grills came out fantastic, it'll be stunning to see them when they come in from the metal workers

14. g1lgamesh

g1lgamesh Minimodder

just thought i would be better adding on HOW IT WAS done on 3ds studio max

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The power of 3D studio MAX used in PC builds:d

15. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Lovely work man !
    Gonna be a real beauty !

16. g1lgamesh

g1lgamesh Minimodder

Thank you for the compliments Asphiax, coming from you that is high praise indeed!

17. Luciel

Luciel Needs more rust

It´s looking epic mate, the lightning sure is a lot of work but completely worth it it´s going to look great!

18. g1lgamesh

g1lgamesh Minimodder

LED lighting on mobo tray 2 complete

mobo tray 2 lighting completed

in the dark no motherboard on

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now if you all recall that i wanted a SUBTLE white border framing the motherboard tray, and to not see the white LED'S themselves but to see the REFLECTION on the paintwork instead.

The idea what to have a minimal white frame, this sort of thing is rather like akin to a woman's make-up (so my lass tells me:p) Id-Est. you don't want too much light rather akin to loose woman walking down the street with the fake tan-orange skin with make-up that looks as though its been plastered on by 'Bob the Builder's' trowel.

Less is more and the same idea is presented here

sorry about the quality of these photos, i will try to improve them, however if i use a flash it blanches out the led lights so you dont see the effect

[​IMG]

whoops bit of dust on the motherboard tray will clean that off once i figured how to shoot the led effect properly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hope you enjoy:D

19. g1lgamesh

g1lgamesh Minimodder

better photo

Remember in the last photo i could not use a flash?

well normally one would slow shutter speed down open up the apature up the ISO and place on a tripod..... however i p[resently don't have a tripod except for my telescope hahah

So a FLASH MUST BE USED!

But it blanches out the light!

So a trip into the toilet room and out comes that's right ANDREX toilet roll hahaha. Place over flash emitter and tape and hey viola HOME made DIFFUSER!

Andrex bog roll eh? Soft, Long, your finger wont go through and its GREAT for camera's!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: 29 Apr 2012
  20. g1lgamesh

g1lgamesh Minimodder

same image but with ROOM lights out and taken at a interval of one full second in shutter speed

[​IMG]

bare in mind to get the nice effect i hid the leds (all individual) under the motherboard as i wanted NOT to work with the LEDS light source itself but rather with the LIGHT reflection. The white border around the mobo is REFLECTION only.

LED strips and SMD strips have a TOO MUCH of a wide viewing angle-making it too obvious and chav-like. These leds HAVE A BRIGHT SOURCE BUT less VIEWING ANGLE but that is ok as i said i wished to work the the REFLECTION only and not the light source!

NOTE : EACH section of LEDS 3X7 LED's and 1X8 LED's each section is controlled for BRIGHTNESS by the fan controller (the stripped down lamptron fc3)

edit:

here is a rather poor photographiof the motherboard tray rear! As you can see LOTS OF WORK still to do IE BRAIDING and wire tidying!

The reason why i stripped down the fc3 is in order to screw it intothe back of the motherboard tray (as shown) so we dont have messy wires (all 29 PER MOTHERBOARD) trailing to the 5.25" inch bays!

[​IMG]

Last edited: 29 Apr 2012