1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Crysis 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Digi, 12 Apr 2012.

1. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Oh HELL no. You did not just speak to the ninja in that tone! :D

Fanatic, No. He is effing good at the game and understands more about it than we could ever hope to learn.
    All Crysis games will be compared to the original BECAUSE it was so good.

Maybe the story wasn't what you hoped for, but the graphics, immersion, and ability to do pretty much whatever you wanted are all points that make the game great.

2. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Problem is the big publishers see the revenue that CoD brings in and just say 'make a game like that'. Crysis 2 definitely looked like a good game which somewhere along the line got turned into an on-rails shooter. Even BF3 has veered onto that course with it's SP campaign and elements of the online.

The question is will Crytek be brave enough to take them on and let their creativty win? I suspect not as their tie-in with Microsoft and the babbling about how good Kinect is suggests that MS would like to see some of the dumbed down on rails action.

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i dont know if i should be pleased or terrified by all this.

4. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Flattered comes to mind.... Remember taking down that chopper with a barrel for me? You mentioned my name and made my year.....:D

5. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

Ahh, fond memories. F*CKING HAVE IT!

Or when the C4 laden jeep 'rolls' into a petrol station...

6. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

It's okay, it's down to Crysis 2 being **** and having no replay value that we now get the over excitable voice of the nanosuit ninja in our BF3 mumble channel...long may it continue...I only have to hear gunsmiths voice to want to go and play Crysis 1 (The fact that BF3 is also **** helps too!)

7. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

A lot of Crysis 3 hate here....

For the record I loved the NY setting, it made perfect sense. No, it wasn't as open as the original but it did make for better set pieces. I also replayed Crysis 2, whereas I didn't replay C1.

I'm looking forward to C3 and going Rambo with a bow!

8. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Sotu1, I'm sorry but I have to strongly disagree, compared side by side, it loses on all points. It was a game way before it's time and it was pretty close to perfect once you mastered it.

9. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

You have seen Pirates of the Caribbean 2, right? :D

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I have but the connection eludes me :confused:

11. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Crysis 2 was pretty crap in comparison to Crysis & Warhead. The Aliens were completely different, there was no re playability, the gfx were crap-even after the DX11 patch. I know gfx aren't everything but when games fail so much gfx can make up for it. The AI were horrendously stupid, controls yuck and sluggish infact the overall movement was sluggish, meh what a put off.

In better news, I've spent most of the weekend playing Crysis and wow even 5 years later it's still a very pretty and astonishing game. The AI very sneaky and come out with the most random quotes 'sucky sucky' lmao

The level of destruction seems more dynamic than in BF3 and the vast size of the maps amazing. Think I spent 45 mins in just one level and that wasn't browsing, that is how long it took me to complete this part.

It just goes to show how fantastic games can look, feel and play if developers put of their magic into creating a game for PC.

Crysis was built on DX10 and DX9 second. Crysis 2 was built on DX9 (actually can console even support true DX9?) and given a patch for DX11 effects which to be fair, even the XRAY engine used in STALKER looked far better in terms of Ambient Occlusion and Texture Quality.

Crytek should go back to their roots and make Crysis 3 PC first but i can;t see this happening as they are just like any developers out there now, greedy and would prefer to satisfy the console fans than the PC who just like all other developers made them who they are now.

Last edited: 16 Apr 2012
  12. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

This thread has reminded me that I really need to go back and play Warhead again; it's been far too long.

13. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

well put Dwarfer, this time i totally agree with you. :thumb:

speaking of massive levels, im surprised at the massive level of Alan Wake, being a console game, i expected more loading screens, each episode takes 1.5 hours to complete, and there's only 2 levels in them.

14. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

The fact that Crysis 3 seem to be on the horizon sooner makes me think that this game will be a bit of a let down to put it mildly. It's a sad day when you want the next gen of gaming consoles to come out soon so that games can move forward graphically. Hell I may just go a play Farcry again.

15. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

The new info should be released today at some point (I'm guessing on a US clock) - so I'll update with more info when it drops.

16. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

My reference was to the cannibals that thought Jack was a god – as a joke to our references to you.

17. andyb123

andyb123 What's a Dremel?

back on topic, is this just going to be another console port though

18. Er-El

Er-El Minimodder

First set of screenshots are out and it looks like it will have a semi-tropical/crysis 2 cityscape setting. Looks like a city in ruins is the new 'thing' now.

19. philheckler

philheckler Used to be a pc enthusiast

20. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

yep, this is going to be crap. not buying.